Rocksmith 2014 - guitar not recognized after installing CDLC

squighound

Question

I followed the instructions to install CDLC on Rocksmith 2014 for Mac OSX here: http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/.  These seemed to work fine.  I was able to download and install CDLC songs, I can see those songs in the "Learn a Song", I can hear them playing in the background on the selection screen, etc.  So far, so good.

The problem is that ever since following those instructions above, Rocksmith will no longer detect my guitar input (using my realtone cable).  This cable and guitar worked just fine before I modified RS for CDLC, but not after.  My Mac still recognizes the realtone cable as an Input, registers when I strum (via the Sound menu in the OSX System Preferences), etc.  I've cranked up the input volume there, but still nothing.  No input is being registered in Rocksmith. 

Using the same realtone cable and guitar *does* work in Garageband, so I'm pretty sure it's something specific to Rocksmith, and specific to the modification of Rocksmith for CDLC.  At this point, I'm thinking I should just delete the entire app and re-install it, and ignore CDLC.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I ended up deleting everything and re-installing Rocksmith 2014 from scratch.  Rocksmith will now register my guitar through my realtone cable, and everything is back to normal and working fine.  Of course, I don't have access to CDLC now, but the built-in songs and paid DLC all work fine.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to get CLDC working on a Mac please let me know.