[fixed] MediaFire DL's not working

Raider_JB

Question

• Hello, I am a newbee and am trying to down various CDLC from this website...Most everything seems to work except all Mediafire redirect to DL link. Gives me a Mediafire "Not working? Repair your Download (File needs repair)" error. Can you please let me know what is wrong? I have tried other devices and get the same error. File downloads but doesn't work in Rocksmith. Other DLs are working for me, not MediaFire files though. Thank you.

May 6 11:43 AM
  • One example file is System of a Down - Chop Suey

Is there another way to DL without MediaFire?

Thank you.

14 answers to this question

@@Raider_JB there's like 4 different versions of chop suey and they all work for me. I also just uploaded a song to mediafire and it works fine.

Just download firekorn or Nacholede version, they're hosted on google drive if you can't use mediafire. 

Also its not really an error, I think its when the download window doesn't appear and clicking repair just tries to download the file again. So its nothing to do with the actual file or mediafire (probably).

Try another browser or clear your cache. Disable some add ons and see if it works. IDK fiddle about with some settings since its probably a browser issue. Works fine for me and I'm using google chrome, got ad block (turned off on cf obviously) and cookies disabled.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@@coldrampage Thanks for the quick reply and the additional testing. 

Based on your response, I think I should clarify further...MediaFire 'seems' to DL file but file doesn't seem to work in RS (can't see song in RS list).

I will try other MediaFire song DL's to test further. I have the base song (Cherub Rock) and thought I confirmed that DL song was using it, but will do further testing with other DLs tonight.

Everything is working good, it's just that MediaFire seems to be giving me complications.  BTW, I DL'd the most DL'd Chop Suey version from ziuber18. There were some AC/DC song and Metallica that didn't seem to work, could see them in song list.

Thanks again for your timely response.

@Raider_JB  "There were some AC/DC song and Metallica that didn't seem to work, could see them in song list." Probably just old songs that don't have dynamic difficulty or were made with an old version of the toolkit. You can repair them with the song manager. Also it updates your .dll file and makes sure its installed properly (if you didn't download the .dll then that's probably causing the issue).

"the files seem to be DL'ing but not working in RS." yep that's probably a rs issue not a mediafire one, unless the downloads are getting corrupted. Try re-downloading to be safe. 

Are all custom songs not working or just some? If its just some then its a song issue, repair it in the song manager (or rebuild in the toolkit). If all customs aren't working give this a read (also I assume your on the pc version of rocksmith or most of this is wrong lol).

Also about the download error. I had it a while ago but can't remember how I fixed it. Try adblock on mediafire since there's ads everywhere and it probably makes it load faster or something. But It's got nothing to do with the file being corrupted or anything

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@coldrampage  Yes, its the PC version and most DL (CLDL) songs are working and I had the .dll file, I previously got it from the Thread you recommended.

Only a few songs are not working, not sure why coincidentally they are on MediaFire DL's?

Thanks for mentioning song repair, I look into the song manager or toolkit to see if repair is need on the ones not apparently working.

Appreciate you walking me through the process and confirming things! Thank again.

• Like 1

@ coldrampage Sorry to bug you a bit more but it would be cracking if you could tell me if the Metallica - Seek & Destroy (Most DL'd) needs repair. It would be really helpful in know that I'm doing the repair process correctly if someone else is able to verify that that song needs that attention prior to getting it to work, and direct DL is in dis-'repair'. It's one of my favorite songs and am looking forward to learning.

I'm still in the process of verifying songs that I have that might need the same attention and it's not just MediaFire.

Thank you, if you can.

@@Raider_JB the one by robogranny?

It uses the App id for "foo fighters the pretender" instead of cherub rock for some reason. So if you haven't bought the foo fighters dlc song the game crashes. You can change the ID in the toolkit and then it should work.

The song manager can sort by app ID so you can see what ones need changing, if they aren't 248750 (cherub rock's ID) and aren't official dlc then they need fixing in the toolkit. So in this image the arch enemy songs and all below it need their ID changed. If you disable all of the ones with wrong app ID's and search your dlc folder for "disabled" you can move them all into another folder so you know what ones need fixing

To change the ID (in the toolkit) you click the import button, select the file to import, then select a folder to hold the decompressed files and press ok. Then you just select cherub rock from the dropdown list, click generate, select where you want to put the fixed version and press ok. Make sure you delete the old version of the song afterwards if it is still in your dlc folder.

The repair function of the song manager doesn't fix the ID but adds DD (to fix the play counter), fixes the static camera bug and fix the 100% bug, so it's worth a run. It also lists songs that need repairing and you can repair just songs that need repairing.

Here's a good guide on repairing songs (and on the cfsm in general if you scroll up/down).

I had to wait half an hour for the manager to load my 2.4k songs first so it took a bit lol.

• Like 1

You are the man @@coldrampage.

Thank you for being so responsive and helpful, it's really got me up to some speed on the CDLC learning curve and semi-understanding! Now to start learning...

Thanks mate from across the Pond. I buy you a pint or two if I could. 

I can tell you are an awesome contributor to this forum.

• Like 1

@@Raider_JB That's weird, snake's songs are normally pretty good.

I've got the anton zap version and the robogranny version. One works, one doesn't. I'll disable 'em both and give snake's a go.

Snake's version worked fine for me with no fixing (except for the 100% bug, toolkit or song manager can fix it). Although if the issue is the song not showing up make sure its in the dlc folder and that it shows up in the song manager first, just to be sure. 'Cus windows remembers your last download location so sometimes I put songs on my desktop and wonder why they aren't in game lol. 

Also try disabling the other versions first because if they have the same dlc key it can cause issues. Especially if they're old songs because they were made before the charters name was added to the dlc key and duplicate keys cause issues. The keys all look different enough so it shouldn't be an issue though but its worth a try.

Maybe the game just missed it the first time and another re-load might fix it, sometimes happens.

If none of that works give it a rebuild in the toolkit, just to be safe.

"Now to start learning..." if you mean to make your own custom songs firekorn has made a pretty good guide.

• Like 1

@@coldrampage Once again good on you!

Thanks for you explanation and your testing has help me understand the issues I was having and the DL issues as well.

You were right the Snake Seek & Destroy song does work... I think that I had two 'same' songs in my dlc folder which, like you mentioned, were probably in conflict. Once I 'cleaned' up my directory the Snake one worked.

One thing on that, I didn't notice the 100% issue, it didn't go straight to 100% after first play. At least that's my understanding of the 'bug', am I wrong? I didn't 'fix' it yet because I was still testing.

A couple more question if I may, in this thread...

1. I assumed that the more DL'd song was 'better' is that the case or not? Is there any difference between besides the obvious, ie interment opts and DD.

2. Is there a way to make/get the 'default' original content songs to preview play the WHOLE song and not just a segment. I noticed that some custom songs play the whole song. 

@@Raider_JB

1. Snakes has lyrics and apparently the solo and verse are different, I also think his version has more sections so its better for learning the song. Most of the time the only way to know what one is better is to look at the comments for any issues and give the songs a test.

2. Its possible but it would take a fair bit of effort and would nearly double the filesize of the songs.

The preview is an audio file in the .psarc file. You'd have to import the song into the toolkit and replace the preview audio with the full audio and then rebuild it. To get the in game songs you need to unpack songs.psarc (I think, never tried before) and then rebuild them as customs with different dlc keys, put then in the dlc folder and then remove them from songs.psarc with the rsrodie or just rebuild an empty songs.psarc. You might be able to put the modified songs back in songs.psarc instead but IDK for sure.

Custom songs only have the full song as the preview because they were made before automatic preview generation was a thing so they just used a copy of the whole songs audio file instead of making a small preview file.

"One thing on that, I didn't notice the 100% issue, it didn't go straight to 100% after first play. At least that's my understanding of the 'bug', am I wrong?"  yep that's what 100% bug is. I just gave rhythm and bass a go and it didn't have the bug, but it did happen on lead for some reason.

• Like 1

• Administrator

1. I assumed that the more DL'd song was 'better' is that the case or not? Is there any difference between besides the obvious, ie interment opts and DD.

2. Is there a way to make/get the 'default' original content songs to preview play the WHOLE song and not just a segment. I noticed that some custom songs play the whole song. 

1) it's never true as far as i'm aware at the moment, in fact it tends mostly to be the opposite, songs done later or with more recent update are more likely to be better as they would have been made to adjust what was lacking in previous work and done with more recent tool and better experienced charter in general.

The 100% bug is linked to chord, the idea is that chord are counted two times in the total, so hitting one chord correctly count as 2 correct hit which completely skew the resulting accuracy at the end cause a song with only chord can bassically end up with 2 times more "hit" than the actual number of chord there is.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity