Working on a CDLC since 2017. Downloaded the newest tookkit today, and now it freezes my RS

https://mega.nz/#!9gU2hCbA!yyB32jsWxM-uH9MtvohxV5KrOq-0Ew5EIbbH29UVAak

Worked fine before. I was trying to raise the volume of the song in game, and it wouldn't work, so I decided to download the newest toolkit.

Discovered that the new toolkit removes the tilde ~ from L'Arc~en~Ciel, breaking the artist sort for songs I've been making since 2014. I have over 50 L'Arc songs, and I'm really not trying to go back and redo them all just to fix the sorting. Tried to downgrade the toolkit to an older version and that didn't work, plus I discovered with the new toolkit, the song freezes RS as soon as I highlight it from the list.

Even tried reverting the xml file version back to 4/28 through Windows, and it while it will now load in the older toolkit, the tilde is still stripped and it still freezes my RS. I've been working on this CDLC for a month, and as I said in the title, on and off since 2017. I had a working version of it, playable in RS, the entire time (just unreleased online) I was planning to finish it today, and now I'm just incredibly sad and frustrated.

I took off for my vacation this week partly so I could finally finish this song, and my PC's power supply died, so I was only able to get it back up and running on Friday, and then this happened, on the last day of my vacation. About ready to go lie down in the street at this point.

Please help.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

@@Billkwando Did you remember to re fill in the wwise path when installing the different toolkit versions. Although I've never had a song freeze the game just by hovering over it in game so maybe its a bigger issue than that. Try updating eof too just to be safe.

Also maybe this thread could be useful. Link.  You can edit a toolkit template file and load it so that it has the characters without removing them. nah it removes them from the sort field so its useless, at least in my toolkit version. Also judging by how you linked your template file I guess you've already tried this.

I think there's something wrong with your toolkit since I got an error when trying to import your .psarc file into my toolkit. Link to log file.

I also gave it a run through the packer/unpacker in the toolkit and for some reason lead.sng.xml is 0 bytes and lead.xml contains the vocals. I also got the same error unpacking it as I did trying to import it. "nullable object must have a value". I tried unpacking another song and it didn't even have a lead.sng.xml file.

The unpacked folder seems to have everything except for a template file (the other song I unpacked had one), so I guess its something to do with that. Or its because there's only two lead tracks (one with vocals, one empty) and a showlights file.

But what if the lead.sng.xml is corrupted and makes the toolkit error which is why in the psarc it is empty. 

Anyway sorry if this is all useless but I was bored and did some fiddling about.

Also how about sending your eof project folder and I could give it a build and see if we can at-least get the file working before worrying about the tildes.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@@Billkwando Did you remember to re fill in the wwise path when installing the different toolkit versions. Although I've never had a song freeze the game just by hovering over it in game so maybe its a bigger issue than that. Try updating eof too just to be safe.

Also maybe this thread could be useful. Link.  You can edit a toolkit template file and load it so that it has the characters without removing them. nah it removes them from the sort field so its useless, at least in my toolkit version. Also judging by how you linked your template file I guess you've already tried this.

I think there's something wrong with your toolkit since I got an error when trying to import your .psarc file into my toolkit. Link to log file.

I also gave it a run through the packer/unpacker in the toolkit and for some reason lead.sng.xml is 0 bytes and lead.xml contains the vocals. I also got the same error unpacking it as I did trying to import it. "nullable object must have a value". I tried unpacking another song and it didn't even have a lead.sng.xml file.

The unpacked folder seems to have everything except for a template file (the other song I unpacked had one), so I guess its something to do with that. Or its because there's only two lead tracks (one with vocals, one empty) and a showlights file.

But what if the lead.sng.xml is corrupted and makes the toolkit error which is why in the psarc it is empty. 

Anyway sorry if this is all useless but I was bored and did some fiddling about.

Also how about sending your eof project folder and I could give it a build and see if we can at-least get the file working before worrying about the tildes.

Hey thanks! Here's the project files: https://mega.nz/#!99Mg0azb!zU8kZIhRixk4GuXXB3Epznvf7DIHe-0XKNxYWFi3yUw

The tones are crap cos I lost a bunch of tweaks I made to them, just in case you end up playing it. ;)

Edit: Also I changed the tone order since that last backup was made. Example "solo" is now Tone #2 rather than Fuzz.

Edit 2: This is actually the most recent project file/xml version, if you can salvage it. The one I uploaded before was the reverted copy from last week, where I lost my changes:

https://mega.nz/#!1wVWQI6C!sZmieLudmaJcINWO_AwkyuuAl33Z-owPE8YMyixLKlc

- Billkwando

• Developer

There's definitely something wrong with the template file since it has a vocals arrangement that's called "Lead".

By removing and re-adding all the arrangements I was able to build a psarc that didn't crash.

Yeah, latest toolkit doesn't work anymore with old xml templates (game freezes/vocals and showlights called lead) which is kinda annoying if you want to just make some quick changes to your old cdlc. Here also some more things I found:

• It seems to require you to have wwise installed even though I provided necessary <name> and <name_prewiev> wem files
  • does't automatically saves template if you import cdlc
  • wem files extracted twice (with <numbers>.wem and <song_dlc key.wem>)
  • extracted ogg files ending with *fixed (not sure if toolkit actually fixes anything since I imported song generated with latest toolkit)

Yeah, latest toolkit doesn't work anymore with old xml templates (game freezes/vocals and showlights called lead) which is kinda annoying if you want to just make some quick changes to your old cdlc. Here also some more things I found:

• It seems to require you to have wwise installed even though I provided necessary <name> and <name_prewiev> wem files
  • does't automatically saves template if you import cdlc
  • wem files extracted twice (with <numbers>.wem and <song_dlc key.wem>)
  • extracted ogg files ending with *fixed (not sure if toolkit actually fixes anything since I imported song generated with latest toolkit)

This is a major problem for me, since I'm very often going back and working on my old CDLCs, whenever I feel like I can improve them.

Does anybody know what is the newest version of the toolkit that doesn't have this issue? (hopefully that won't give me difficulties with the tilde either, lol)

I hope this will be addressed and corrected. I'm sure there are plenty of charters who still have CDLCs from the pre-Remastered days floating around out there, who might want to fix them at some point.

- Billkwando

• Developer

User Comments and Developer Answers (C&A)

C:  Discovered that the new toolkit removes the tilde ~ from L'Arc~en~Ciel, breaking the artist sort for songs I've been making since 2014.
A:  You have asked this question before and it was answered in depth here.
The toolkit and EOF use validation checks that are in-line with ODLC standards to provide for CDLC consistency, quality, and playablity.  If your goal is to produce non-conforming CDLC then consider using an unsupported legacy pre 2.8 version of the toolkit.

C:  There's definitely something wrong with the template file.
A:  Old template files are not compatible with new version of the toolkit.  You can regenerate the template file using the newest build of the toolkit.  Here's how: >CDLC Creator>Import Package (select the old psarc)>Save Template.  This creates a new EOF project file folder and files including the new template.

C: It seems to require you to have wwise installed even though I provided necessary and wem files
A: I'll make code modification in next build so that if both wem files are present then the toolkit will not check for a valid Wwise installation

C: does't automatically saves template if you import cdlc
A: Make sure you have 'Autosave Templates' check in 'General Config'.  The template is auto saved when you select 'Generate'.  Alternatively you can manually save a template as you make changes at any time by selecting 'Save Template'.

C: wem files extracted twice (with .wem and )
A: It is nearly impossible to tell which wem files is which from the standard .wem file naming.  The toolkit provides user friendly names to the wem files so you can tell the audio apart.

C: extracted ogg files ending with *fixed (not sure if toolkit actually fixes anything since I imported song generated with latest toolkit)
A: Wem audio ogg file format is proprietary and it can not be played on a non-Audiokinetic music player.  The toolkit (fixed) the ogg audio for you so that it can be played on any audio player.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

>CDLC Creator>Import Package (select the old psarc)>Save Template.  This creates a new EOF project file folder and files including the new template.

by "does't automatically saves template if you import cdlc" I mean that the part where "folder and files including the new template" is not happening

The toolkit provides user friendly names to the wem files so you can tell the audio apart.

yes, it has been doing this for a long time, but I still don't understand why now you need to have additionally same files without friendly names in the same folder

• Developer

"does't automatically saves template if you import cdlc" I mean that the part where "folder and files including the new template"

What is the purpose of saving a template when you have not changed any song information?   Just use 'Import Package' again.
Templates are saved whenever you change song information and exit the toolkit (if you have autosave enabled), or press 'Generate', (if you have autosave enabled), or  press 'Save Template'.

"I still don't understand why now you need to have additionally same files without friendly names in the same folder."

If you decide to repack the artifacts using the Packer/Unpacker tab menu then you will need the .wem files.  Feel free to manually delete the files if they are bothersome.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

What is the purpose of saving a template when you have not changed any information?

Well for one because it worked like that for years before this?

Also because if you extracted all files you will need to add them again to toolkit if what you doing requires some work in eof you not just immediately generating new cdlc. I guess I'm just used to it working in that way and probably can now learn to save template before closing toolkit. Anyway thanks for answering my questions.

C: You have asked this question before and it was answered in depth here.

The toolkit and EOF use validation checks that are in-line with ODLC standards to provide for CDLC consistency, quality, and playablity. If your goal is to produce non-conforming CDLC then consider using an unsupported legacy pre 2.8 version of the toolkit

A: Yes, I remember now, and I thought that it was going to be fixed, or at least that seemed to be the general direction the thread was headed in before the replies petered out. There is nothing wrong with the consistency, quality, and playablity of my CDLC. Ask anyone who has played them. It would be different if anyone had ever had an issue or a complaint with them, or with their RS installation, stemming from the use of them.

I believe I was using a 2.8 version previously, if I'm not mistaken. It had the EN/JP checkbox, which I thought was relatively recent. The difference was that, while I couldn't type a tilde into the field, it wouldn't strip them out if they were already there....so if I imported an old one, or worked off an old template (which I do a lot for songs on the same album, because most of the info is already in there) it would load up with the tilde and work just fine as long as I didn't click into the field....or I could edit the XML and add it and it would stay when I loaded in.

I just need the last version that doesn't check when you load it up, if that's what's necessary....unless you're willing to decide to allow the character.

I know I probably mean nothing to you, nor do my contributions, but I put a lot of work into these things, and I've stuck around a lot longer than most charters, I'd imagine. It's probably foolish of me, but I hoped that would earn me a tiny bit of cooperation here. I appreciate what you guys do. I really do. Charting (and playing them) has become a very rewarding part of my life. I literally couldn't do it without you, and we're both after the same thing....quality. It's just unfortunate that my quality and your quality are at odds, because we all want what's best. It's all very Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. ;) I don't mean to be unreasonable or sound like a jerk (if I do?).

All of that aside, the squiggle isn't hurting anything, nor has it ever, in my experience. It's not like I'm asking for the peace sign in Prince's "Sign '☮' the Times" (and yes, I actually did try that in the toolkit, lol)

Edit: I know this goes into the territory of "If we did it for you, we'd have to do it for everyone", to which I could only respond that the difference is that tilde has 5 years of working CDLC behind it, backing up the fact that it works just fine and causes no problems. :)

- Billkwando

• Developer

@@theSG Autosave will work like you want in the next build.  YW

• Like 1

• Developer

"unless you're willing to decide to allow the character." 

I think you misunderstand.  I am not the one that decided not to allow the character.   We are just follow the standards that we have been able to glean from ODLC.  There are significantly fewer issues with CDLC since EOF and toolkit data validation was implemented.  While your particular request may not cause a problem, I would hate to go back to from where we have come.

"unless you're willing to decide to allow the character." 

I think you misunderstand.  I am not the one that decided not to allow the character.   We are just follow the standards that we have been able to glean from ODLC.  There are significantly fewer issues with CDLC since EOF and toolkit data validation was implemented.  While your particular request may not cause a problem, I would hate to go back to from where we have come.

I think you misunderstand.  I am not asking you to toss the entire data validation system.

I don't think stepping back one character length will kill anyone. My particular request won't cause a problem, full stop.

- Billkwando

• Developer

Looks like we don't have to step back anything.  Just use the '-' dash instead of the '~' tilde.  An acceptable alternative for that band according to Wikipedia.   I can automate the toolkit update/replacement process in the next build.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Arc-en-Ciel

Looks like we don't have to step back anything.  Just use the '-' dash instead of the '~' tilde.  An acceptable alternative for that band according to Wikipedia.   I can automate the toolkit update/replacement process in the next build.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Arc-en-Ciel

Wrong.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Arc%E3%80%9Cen%E3%80%9CCiel

You're mistaking what is acceptable by English Wikipedia's style rules, for what is the actual acceptable name.

Whenever Wikipedia says "Stylized as" that pretty much means they're ignoring it for the purposes of their own style format, not that it is considered an alternate version of the name.

The most important evidence that L'Arc~en~Ciel is supposed to be spelled with a tilde comes from Tetsu's book, Tetsugaku (kindly translated by Nanani, found here http://dekiruhito.com/node/25.)In Chapter 34, "Osaka Era," Tetsu writes:

"The four of us got together, and we had to think of a name before we could start doing shows, so we used the name I came up with. I thought hard about whether a simple name would be best or not. At first, I tried to find a simple name, but I didn't find anything that worked. It's long, but seeing it written out has an impact that makes it memorable. That's part of why I thought L'Arc~en~Ciel was a good name. With brands of clothing, too, intricate names work because they're recognizable. I felt that L'Arc~en~Ciel was a long word to remember, but I thought that was all right. Written down, 'L'Arc~' jumps out at you, right? Because of the balance between the capitals and lowercase letters, and because of the ' ' ' and '~'."

Look, I know it's stupid that they have a squiggle in their name, but that IS their name.

- Billkwando

Just checking back. Can y'all cut a guy a break, and give me some squiggle room here? Please? ;) :)

If you can't take my word for it, take a few of my CDLCs for a spin and test them yourself.

I'm willing to bet @raynebc has My Heart Draws a Dream in the ol' CDLC folder, and can tell you if it's been any trouble.

I recommend Link if you haven't tried any before. It's super fun:

http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/link-r14642

Thanks!

- Billkwando

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy