Custom Inlays...

Frack

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I'm looking for a nice inlay that highlights notes on each string.   But I was wondering...  If this is possible, will the inlays change based on tuning? I mostly play in standard but I have a lot of songs I'd like to start working on in eb 

Te repasso as cgms em todos os tons. Só entrar em contato em: https://www.facebook.com/gleydson.nascimento.5

• 1 year later...

Did you notice the order of the colors though the Prism compared to RS Strings Colors ?

(U2 & Pink Floyd are not planned sorry).

Sorry for reviving this old quote but I though I'd share my insight on this one :p

The 6 colors used are the standard 6 colors so not so special (basic: red, yellow, blue, mixed: orange, green, purple) 

Then in the Pink Floyd prism, the colors are offcourse in the right order, like a rainbow.

But for Rocksmith they decided to skip a color every time, to create some contrast, else the strings would blend in each other.

So Red (Orange) Yellow (Green) Blue (Purple) 

• Like 1

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

• 1 year later...

I have a Fernandes Love Driver (LD 95-KK), a signature model of Ken, guitarist for L'Arc~en~Ciel. It has a cat inlay on the 12th fret. I thought it would be fun to have the cat in Rocksmith, so I took a pic of my fingerboard with the strings pushed aside, and here it is! :D

I made both inverted and regular. I play inverted but I still use the right-side up cat. :D Her name is Elizabeth, true story..

km1tR6z.png

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!x49lASoB!GqmEIHtnK5qdALEasT5ClFQR55fmQL8DM47BFbcbP0E

24jQEmI.jpg

Qe18DBM.jpg

JdGZm5r.png

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!ExlhkayK!GehW3PqelwEQvzxwleb9FjCkNG-VzUbeLHMzW8d-3mk

Here's my (actual) guitar, in case you're curious what a Love Driver looks like. :D

VB7aKLr.jpg\\

ua35uZw.jpg

I'm planning on doing one for my other Ken signature model, the LA 85-KK, which has a lizard on 12.

Enjoy! :D

Bill

P.S. For anyone unfamiliar, you download them and put them in \Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\inlays\ and select them through the Path menu. I think you have to have unlocked at least one inlay in RS to have the option. Your choice will save, as long as you exit Rocksmith properly, so you don't have to re-choose it each session. (I tend to exit improperly, a LOT, so I didn't realize this at first!) :)

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So the toolkit forces you to use 1024 by 512 and resizes anything larger to that resolution.

If you unpack the .psarc you can replace the "inlay_24fret_xumpbl.dds" file in "\assets\gameplay\inlay" with a higher res one. Just make sure to save it as dds DXT3 in photoshop or paint.net and then repack the folder.

before
l9LVkkw.png
after
IdY3UfZ.png
(easer to see difference in fullscreen)

works fine in game.

I guess this provides a minimal boost in quality at most resolutions given how little of the screen it takes up but it looked so sad in nifskope I couldn't help it.

pls let us use more resolutions mr inlay tool dev

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...