Custom Inlays...

Frack

I will look into your tools cozy, and I can probably get the tools to work properly in bootcamp. Generally, it is more or less a combination of workflow problems. I do all my work in OSX and all my tools are there, I only keep Bootcamp the occasional game or bizarro legacy program. The other half is that I am more of a video editor, rather than image editor person; I am somewhat awful working in Photoshop or Pixelmator. Either way, I will give it another crack once I have the time and patience to try again.

Is there a photoshop hero who is able to make such inlays?

http://www.musikmachen.de/var/musikmachen/storage/images/tests/ibanez-ar420-vls-artist-e-gitarre/fotostrecke-ibanez-ar420-vls/ibanez-ar420-vls-griffbrett/9881576-1-ger-DE/Ibanez-AR420-VLS-Griffbrett.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm looking for a nice inlay that highlights notes on each string.   But I was wondering...  If this is possible, will the inlays change based on tuning? I mostly play in standard but I have a lot of songs I'd like to start working on in eb 

• Developer

You need to make a separate inlay for each tuning.  The note inlay templates included in CST and CGT are for standard tuning.  Follow my signature link for more information about custom inlays and tutorials for how to make them. 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 1 month later...

Gibson 1959 Mother of Pearl Trapezoid Inlay:

http://s24.postimg.org/n2r5gx2ed/Gibson_1959_MOP_Icon.png

http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/6-26-13/18873_59_Les_Paul_CC_8_The_Beast_DL_CC08A242_a.jpg
http://www.route66classicguitars.com/66images/1858a.jpg

In Game Screenshoot:

http://s7.postimg.org/70kkxffsr/Rocksmith2014_2015_06_22_18_15_25_303.jpg

Thanks Xyber for the video:

The main post (1st page) seems locked in read only, if one admin can unlock it please so i can keep it up to date thanks.

. Gibson Supreme Mother of Pearl Inlay:

http://s27.postimg.org/6den6p2nn/Gibson_Supreme_MOP_Icon.png

http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/5-13-11/Gibson_Les_Paul_Supreme_Desertburst_106211412_a.jpg

In Game Screenshoot:

http://s2.postimg.org/dyx0fxhmx/Rocksmith2014_2015_07_17_23_19_44_548.jpg

Thanks Doobaps for the video:

Guitar Specs:

• 3 weeks later...

Got a question for you Cozy: I downloaded your toolkit, used the 24 frets inlay (the one with the notes) and I was able to load everything. Now, my problem is that I use mirror settings in the display of the strings, so my low E is at the bottom. I searched among the available custom inlays but I couldn't find anything which might fit. I there a way to just flip everything around (tried the vertical flip but it doesn't work )... I haven't seen an answer yet for this, sorry if I missed it.

If there is not an inlay, I should get the psd file switch the notes and this is it?

Thanks

• Developer

@@calin_the_dream I just added two new templates for inverted fret notes that may be what you are looking for, thanks to @@Spicynublet for these.  If not you can create your inlays by following this tutorial and get the sample psd files.

The problem with inlays that contain text is that they can not simply be inverted or flipped with CGT because the text will also be inverted/flipped.  You need to create custom inlays that contain text in the proper orientation for it to display properly in the game.  Take a look at the two new inverted inlays to better understand the issue.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 thank you very much. Actually, I did read all the tutorials and I did my own version of the inverted strings fret notes, where, with the help of a good friend of mine which showed me how to work with Photoshop I added the notes on every fret (including the half tones). I will send it to you and in case you consider that it is good for others you can post it.

Thanks again (by the way the tutorials were good as I was able to do my own inlay)

Cheers mate

Update: @@cozy1 I've sent you an email (took the address from the tutorials - the page with the inlays) with the files I've modified. 

Cozy1 have put online the both Gibson Mother of Pearl Inlays:

. Gibson Supreme Mother of Pearl

. Gibson 1959 Mother of Pearl Trapezoid.

(the 1959 inlay is probably my all time fav)

IMPORTANT WHEN YOU GENERATE MY INLAYS NEVER HIT THE 24 FRETS CHECKBOX, it only stretch the Inlay, so the result is bad & inacurate on not 24 Frets .CGM (Inlays), in order to use this option you have to use an inlay specificaly made for 24 frets (None of mines).

Checking 24 frets won't give you more frets.

ONLY COLORED CHECKBOX SHOULD BE CHECKED WITH FRACK INLAYS.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Im trying to install the fret notes custom inlay on my macbook.

So far i have succeeded in opening the rocksmith guitar maker (by using crossover) and found the template from cozy's download page.

My problem occurs when i try to finish the process (create single), as it gets stuck at "packing for mac in progress".

All the steps until this one seems to work fine, but i tried leaving my computer for 20 minutes, and it was still stuck in the progress.

I also tried installing the custom game toolkit by using crossover, but it didn't work...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Can you test packer under your mac? unpack any cdlc and pack w\o checking any checkboxes and tell me if it works fine, CGT is PC only, it requires a lot of Win binaries, maybe crossover is able to run it?

• 2 weeks later...

all the "Customs" guitar skins starts only at 3rd fret, i think it's because of the choice of the "original used model" our skins are based on.

for the same reason the skin ends at the 17th fret.

there's an option for 24 frets skins but all the area are not displayed properly (blank) so i've decided to not use them for now.

Thanks for the vids though. this inlay is a little special for me as i've started to build a guitar from scratch i've planed to "try to do" those inlays but finaly in the game i prefer the 1959 one for now. :D

• 2 months later...

Hello. I just found this thread as I was looking for some Custom Inlays. I downloaded the RS Guitarmaker Beta and opened up the Store Tab. Curious to know if there is somewhere else I'm suppose to go to to get additional inlays because I've seen a lot of other custom inlays in YouTube videos that are not in the Guitarmaker store. Thanks in advance.

• Developer

@@RockNRollKid "Custom Guitar Maker Beta"  and store is very old (unsupported) app .  Follow my signature link to download CGT (Custom Game Toolkit) which is the current and supported app for making custom inlays.  On the CGT site you will find links to inlay templates that you can download and build using CGT.  You will also find tutorials in this thread (do a search) and on the site for using CGT to make inlays.  The rest is like Frack says.