Custom Inlays...

Frack

@@CommandoAir

Download the Custom Game Toolkit for Rocksmith® 2014 (CGT_for_RS2014.rar) here (at the botom of the page):

https://sites.google.com/site/cozy1cgi/home

Download the .cgm here:

https://sites.google.com/site/cozy1cgi/templates

Complete tutorial:

https://sites.google.com/site/cozy1cgi/tutorial-1

The 2 lasts were Sent to Cozy1 for hosting, you have to wait the time he put those in his .cgm download list, just try with another one for now.

Followed the tutorial and tried the workaround it said, still doesn't work :(

@@CommandoAir

Download the Custom Game Toolkit for Rocksmith® 2014 (CGT_for_RS2014.rar) here (at the botom of the page):

Download the .cgm here:

Complete tutorial:

The 2 lasts were Sent to Cozy1 for hosting, you have to wait the time he put those in his .cgm download list, just try with another one for now.

Try this.

Pick an inlay ingame. Swap to bass. then swap back to lead or rhythm.

Sometimes i have to do this to get mine to show up

@@CommandoAir

Download the .cgm here:

Complete tutorial:

Try this.

Pick an inlay ingame. Swap to bass. then swap back to lead or rhythm.

Sometimes i have to do this to get mine to show up

This still hasn't worked.

@Commando Air do you have working custom songs ?

(With an official DLC song like The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock)

as you need one official DLC to run Custom inlays.

(& set the appid according to your official DLC (if it's not Cherub Rock, you have to change this in Custom Game Toolkit (CGT).

• Developer

You also need to have at least one official in game inlay reward.  The Rocksmith inlay is the first inlay reward given.  Select the Rocksmith inlay after the game loads then load a song (you don't need to play song).  Then go back and load your custom inlay then load a song.  If you followed this sequence the custom inlay should show up next time you play a song.  Have fun.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@Commando Air do you have working custom songs ?

(With an official DLC song like The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock)

as you need one official DLC to run Custom inlays.

(& set the appid according to your official DLC (if it's not Cherub Rock, you have to change this in Custom Game Toolkit (CGT).

You also need to have at least one official in game inlay reward.  The Rocksmith inlay is the first inlay reward given.  Select the Rocksmith inlay after the game loads then load a song (you don't need to play song).  Then go back and load your custom inlay then load a song.  If you followed this sequence the custom inlay should show up next time you play a song.  Have fun.

I do have working CDLC, I own Cherub Rock, Seven Nation Army, the Avenged Sevenfold 3 pack, How You Remind Me and Self Esteem. I have unlocked a few inlays. I will try the method Cozy1 said again and post my results back in a few minutes.

Edit: Tried that technique and it still isn't working :(

I tried this and didn't work for me. Could it be because I'm left handed? Do I need to modify the cgm? (I have the cherub rock DLC and CDLCs songs works well)

Also, I've been doing some skins for the amps, but can't pack again the gears_pc. I've looking at unpacked psarc files of some of the inlays and tried to learn from your work, but I have no idea how to create the aggregate_graph.nt. Do you think something like this would be possible? To have custom skins for the amps and cabinets?

• Developer

If you are a lefty then try the flip horizontal feature when building the inlay.  I don't have much experience with flipping but it is worth a try.  By default inlays are built for right handed players.

I would suggest building an inlay for each flip orientation (look for the little arrow checkboxes in the Inlay Creator).  Try each combination and let us know which works for you.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Check your Private Message Box, try those if it's working then you probably miss a prerequisite for Custom Game Toolkit (CGT).

I tried this and didn't work for me. Could it be because I'm left handed? Do I need to modify the cgm? (I have the cherub rock DLC and CDLCs songs works well)

Also, I've been doing some skins for the amps, but can't pack again the gears_pc. I've looking at unpacked psarc files of some of the inlays and tried to learn from your work, but I have no idea how to create the aggregate_graph.nt. Do you think something like this would be possible? To have custom skins for the amps and cabinets?

Still doesn't work. I tried with one in the inlays folder and one out, and neither work.

I am also a lefty like Peon.

Edit: I tried flipping both axes and setting the id to another DLC I owned and it worked :D

Just gotta try it with the inlays I Want and the correct way round now.

Edit 2: Got it working fine now, and in the correct orientation. For me, I had to flip it horizontally and select "Prayer of the Refugee" as my ID (I own the DLC). Currently using the Sharkfin by frack while I wait for the synyster gates one to be uploaded. Is there any way to convert a psarc back into cgm so that I can flip them, too?

Edit 3: Just noticed that at some frets the inlay is slightly off to the side or over the fret. Not sure if it's just this inlay or all.

• Like 1

• Developer

Sure.  Just use the CST CDLC unpacker tool.  Then grab the *.cgm files and load these into Inlay Creator.  Then flip away.

Edit: Inlays artwork is by defualt for right handed players.  If you want to make accurate left handed inlays you may need to modify the artwork spacing as well as flipping horizontal.  See tutorial on making Photoshop artwork.  You will have to play with the spacing.  I have never done any left handed inlays.  But it should work.

• Developer

If one person can make it work so can you. ;)

• Like 1

"Inlays artwork is by default for right handed players.  If you want to make accurate left handed inlays you may need to modify the artwork spacing as well as flipping horizontal.  See tutorial on making Photoshop artwork.  You will have to play with the spacing.  I have never done any left handed inlays.  But it should work."

Thanks Cozy1, Didn't though there was a difference between both, i'll mention this on 1st page.

@@Laro If you want to create the "template" for left handed users,

make one inlay with this picture:
http://s27.postimg.org/jsana4jup/image.png

make screenshoots of the in game rendered inlay (will give you the editable/frets area)

In photoshop, make a new layer & report it on your below layer, you should have something similar with this:

http://s28.postimg.org/wfx0mar1p/image.jpg

delete the unwanted layer & you'll have your left handed users "template" similar with this:

http://s29.postimg.org/l3wqc8l6v/Template_2.png

That's how i create the right handed users "template" & this would allow left handed users to have accurate inlays.

• Developer

@@Frack

I think @@CommandoAir figured it out here.  I have never played with left handed guitar inlays or any bass inlays.  Just tossing around ideas here.  So is the template different for lefties (according to report from CommandoAir it seems to be)?  Is this template different for bass or guitar?   I will include them on the templates page once we have it nailed down.  Good work.

I tried to see & here's the result:

Emulated Bass Mode is rendered exactly the same way as Guitar (Same "Template").

Right hand generated inlay (no flipping) won't be rendered in game for lefty mode. (Show transparent inlay (nothing).

I need to "flip it horizontally" to see if it works for me, to try it in lefty mode & see if the result is accurate.

Sure.  Just use the CST CDLC unpacker tool.  Then grab the *.cgm files and load these into Inlay Creator.  Then flip away.

Edit: Inlays artwork is by defualt for right handed players.  If you want to make accurate left handed inlays you may need to modify the artwork spacing as well as flipping horizontal.  See tutorial on making Photoshop artwork.  You will have to play with the spacing.  I have never done any left handed inlays.  But it should work.

Thanks for the help. I'll try and make a left handed one soon, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help guys

I tried 2 with horizontal flipping and 1 with horizontal+vertical flipping and didn't work but I'll try tomorrow using just vertical flipping.

Try setting the content ID pack thing to another DLC you own. Mine worked for prayer of the refugee.

@@CommandoAir your replys are helpfull for others leftys users too, thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

The 2 lasts inlays have been upgraded to v2,

some frets markers where not exactly centered when seen closer (seems i was too focused on vertical position),

it's fixed & sent to Cozy1.

To avoid confusion my nexts inlays will (if necessary) (shouldn't though) be numbered with V2 for revision 2 etc..

this will allow everybody to know if you've got the last corrected revisions.

@@CommandoAir your replys are helpfull for others leftys users too, thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

The 2 lasts inlays have been upgraded to v2,

some frets markers where not exactly centered when seen closer (seems i was too focused on vertical position),

it's fixed & sent to Cozy1.

To avoid confusion my nexts inlays will (if necessary) (shouldn't though) be numbered with V2 for revision 2 etc..

this will allow everybody to know if you've got the last corrected revisions.

No problem, glad I could help :)

• Like 1

Welcome Enes_A7X,

When Cozy1 had the time to put the link on it's page, it will be available here as .cgm for download:

For now you can try to generate one inlay  from another .cgm

(To experiment the Inlay generating process, in order to be ready when the Synyster Gates Inlay will be downloadable)

(Shouldn't be long) ;)

-----------------------------------

. Vampire Cross 2:

http://s11.postimg.org/qumq45ulv/Vampire_Cross_Icon_2.png

In Game Screen shoot:

http://s11.postimg.org/eh9vx94xf/Rocksmith2014_2015_03_16_13_00_07_675.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Crosspost from another thread.

Has anyone managed to make a decent pair of custom Gretsch style game inlay? I have searched, but that route got almost nowhere. For clarity, I mean the hump block, even though the neoclassical is nice too. It is a silly thing, but it adds a little more immersion to the game, I figured maybe someone here might have had done it themselves. I tried, literally spent over an hour with the editor and some janky inlay pictures, but on OSX that part of the toolkit just refuses to work properly.

Hump:

http://i.imgur.com/3ERRTNO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1eYBRPl.png

Neoclassical:

http://i.imgur.com/7Mtq19Ol.jpg

This is just a shot in the dark, thanks for reading. I can try to find better pictures if someone wants to try, I am just hoping that there is another Gretsch fan this might interest, I am not really expecting anyone to kill themselves for my inlay idea. I can try and find better pictures, or take some myself but right now my guitar is strung so I have just been using GIS'd images.  :)

• Developer

@impregnablecrunch

I am not an OSX expert and never developed/tested CGT to work on a Mac.  Though I have heard of some having success using CGT in a Windows emulator environment.  You may want to give CGT a try if the toolkit is failing you on OSX.  Just follow my signature link.

Let us know if it works for you.