Starting to See subpar unworkable Customs released?

SirLoin

Question

Hmm, if it's too much trouble to check the comment thread of a song, why bother with customs at all? There are plenty of official DLCs available now, and since you're paying for them, you'll have the right to complain if they're not perfect. Win-win.

I'm clearly not sure there's that much bad cdlc.Maybe some are caring about quantity but i can assure that's not every one.First of you can look at the comment to make a first opinion about cdlc, when there's real problem, people talk about it!Then give feedback yourself most of the author that receive feedback take in consideration them and most of the time correct them. Trying to have an approved section was in discution but to do it correctly and efficiently would be almost impossible. And there's a list about bugged cdlc on this forum that you could use to make sure you don't dl them.Envoyé de mon ARCHOS 80G9 en utilisant Tapatalk

so.. every time that I want to try a new cdlc I need to check on a thread to see if its reported as "buggy"? but if is new, probably won't be on that list

I think reporting it as "completed" as I said would be much more efficient

Is that seriously too much to ask?  You're already getting something for nothing. 

How about adding the 5 star ranking system.  Let anyone rank, but must leave a comment with the ranking.  That would give feedback to the charter and make it easier to search.  Also, be sure to let the mods remove comments of "Why would anyone want this song"  or "that band $@*&$"

How about adding the 5 star ranking system.  Let anyone rank, but must leave a comment with the ranking.  That would give feedback to the charter and make it easier to search.  Also, be sure to let the mods remove comments of "Why would anyone want this song"  or "that band $@*&$"

Yes! And then we can rename this site, oh, I don't know, something catchy like, hmm, Smithys Anvil. Something like that. And then we can just sit back and watch this explode. Fun!

There's already a 5 star rating system on the cdlc page and you don't even have to leave a comment to rate.

Yep, I see it now.  I didn't notice it previously.  The suggestion of forcing a comment to rate is to make leaving a rating less anonymous.  Also, i would suggest searching by star rating.  Yes, it is something smithy anvil had.  I liked the feature. 

• Like 1

If you take a look at this post and the following answer for exemple. I know it was harsh but god i would gladly play this song if it was actually playable and the new version is broken since at least the 10th april. Some charter might have taking it the wrong way and i'm sorry about this, i will gladly help any charter that ask for it but at first i prefer to say what i think and see how it goes from there.

But on the other hand i can be very nice when the custom is good.

The type of feedback that i have most of the time is when the CDLC doesn't start, so in the end i think that my customs doesn't have a lot of problem :-P

If you really want to give feedback take a look at the testers list in the Workshop section it could be a good place to start.

WOW way to point me out as your example...

Douche move bro...

yeah i updated my CDLC to v2 which BROKE IT, bad move of uploading an UNTESTED CUSTOM UPDATE, V1 At least started the game ok but was critised because i accidently packed it with un-sync guitar xml which i simply hadn't done yet... i was too eager to share it with you all, V2 was RE-PACKED By some of u and thus was semi-OK...

V4 WORKS, is finally online ... (after 1 week of me hesitating to share it because of the previous drama on this one song...)

--- I USE AVERAGE BPM + / - To get them close-ish... then i MANUALLY SYNC THE NOTES... so far this works best for me...

- I do plan to read up on other's techniques for Syncing...

*If anything i thought someone with their doubts about one of my customs might check and see how well i've done on some of the other 14 Customs i've done...

• Like 1

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

• Administrator

@@QOTSANINSOADKORN : Don't take it the wrong way and it wasn't directed on you but more to point how harsh i can be when i gave my feedback, you're not the worst charter here for sure, some never update their bad custom! And don't get me wrong, i really like the job you've done so far even if it might not be really obvious!

It might seems like a douch move, but that wasn't my intention and i'm sorry if this upset you, i will gladly change the link or delete if you don't want to be point out.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity