Beginner tutorial: How to add tones to a song.

Billkwando

Question

I made this on the request of another forum member and figured I might as well post it here. :)

• Like 4

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

8 answers to this question

thanks a lot for the tutorial !!! it helped me a lot because there is no video tutorials for tones and it was a bit hard to me to understand by words.

I'm glad it helped. :)

I added an annotation at the end to explain how you assign tones to the instrument track in the toolkit.

- Billkwando

So, I marked the spots on the music, clean and distortion in EoF. When I add the tones to the 4 slot drop and generate the package, it stays as the default 'base' tone. I dunno what to do now.

Did you click edit on the tones and name them in the top left hand corner to match the name in the EoF? Tones with spaces need underscores between the words.

If the "Default" placeholder tone is still showing in the toolkit, you can delete it.

- Billkwando

That looks pretty right to me, but you also need a tone at 0ms to be the default. Mark the very first measure and add a tone there. When you go to save, it will ask you about making a default tone. Click yes and click the Default button on your starting tone.

Also check the disable tone changes box, since you have more than one tone...though that's not the solution to your problem, just a tip.

Helpful tips here toohttp://customsforge.com/topic/5744-custom-tone-help/:

- Billkwando

I have a song with 2 tones in it and during playback it says it's doing the change but I can't hear the 2nd tone. I already checked the volume in the toolkit and it was high enough. After the silent tone plays it changes back to my default and that one works fine. I made sure the names are the same in EOF and the toolkit so I'm sort of stuck. One thing that I noticed is when I check the arrangement the disable tone slot changes to prevent auto tone fail box reverts back to being checked even when I uncheck it. Any ideas why it would do that?