Custom Song manager & Net Framework V4.0 problem

Aiddy0

Is there anyone who can suggest how to install Custom Song manager on a Windows 7 OS . What is happening is Net Framework V4.0 fails when I try to install it which prevents me from installing CSM. Searched everywhere to get answers but nothing that helps sofar. Has anyone come across this & solved the problem I'm having? I had a harddrive go bad & had to reinstall everything on the new harddrive, fresh Windows 7, yet oddly CSM was working great on the old Harddrive with the same Windows 7, so am at a loss what to do, appreciate any help, thanks.                

• Developer

@@Aiddy0 You posted your question in the toolkit thread.  Are you asking about the toolkit or CFSM?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Whoops sorry abouts that but my eyes are glazed over & my patients nearly gone as almost ready to bounce the computer down the road with a few expletives as I've been searching everywhere for days & hours for a resolve, so with that in mind I hope you forgive me if I posted in the wrong place but my eyes are sore & my mind has gone to mush & I've no idea if this is the right place. Anyway am asking about Custom Song manager, thanks :)

• Developer

@@Aiddy0 Ok moved your question correct place. 

So if you want to install .Net 4.0 you are going to have to unstall the newer versions of .Net first.  But I'm not sure you need to do that.  Have a look here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed and let me know what is installed.

You can get the correct version of .Net from here if you want to try yourself:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=17718

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Yep been there with the links suggested & done read downloaded many times over & over but Net Framework fails to install.  Still with fith fingers crossed I try to load CSM which moans that I need Net Framework to run it, so round & round I go. Just about to try something called an sfc /scanow for what am told could be corruted files, good grief you have to be an alien of suprior knowledge to understand all this nonesense. Now where's those headache tabs grrr :(

• Developer

So which version of .Net do you have installed? 

Plz post screenshot of the error.

What a banana I've been.. I did a few updates namely service pack 1 ( never knew about these things just let the computer do what it wanted to in the past ). Then hey prestoe ran the Net Framework & before you could say well I never everything worked & now up & running. The stress involved though to get to this point & the releaf now I cannot discribe. It really doesn't help with Microsoft over days not excepting my Certificate Of Authenticity & trying to get that to work is a whole new story. Anyway without going on to much I'd just like to say thanks very much for your interest in my post you people do a great job for many & I can now say alls well & thank you :)