The Cranberries - Zombie

Ulvinn

I've started working on Zombie, I'm surprised this haven't been made yet, a classic that's both very easy and fun to play. My mighty PC powers are a bit lacking, there's still a little way to go before I've wrestled a playable version out of the editor. Lead and rythm are both nearly complete, I'm also thinking about melting some lead parts together with rythm to keep it more interresting.

---edit---

It's nearly complete, I only need to add custom tones which will be done as soon as I'm back at my own PC sometime later today. If anyone wants to see the final version (excl custom tones), here's the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wy19kj757lb04zc/-_YU3uWBo_

• Like 4

CDLC WIP:

Gorefest - Reality When You Die

Ulver - I troldskogen faren vild

Ulver - Soelen gaaer bag aase need

Various old Paradise Lost from back when they sounded a lot less bland than today

These will take time - 2 dogs, work, band, wife and dishwashing is apparently more important than making CDLCs

Whoa, great minds -- totally didn't see this thread even though you got there first! And a pretty happy coincidence, because I got the bass part working first and wanted to add lead/rhythm guitar but can't test those because I don't have an electric guitar... Just today I started over from scratch and got guitar parts and the bass added, and I *think* I synced properly (sure the bass is OK), but to try to test the guitar parts I had to input an old acoustic guitar via microphone.  Not ideal at all, and my guitar skills are much worse than bass.  But anyway, I got far enough to discover that the lead part I put together hangs Rocksmith.  My bass track works fine though. I dunno if you could add in my xml file for the bass and have it work -- my guess is that it would be out of sync unless you added the exact same amount of leading silence (I added 2 seconds).  But, you could maybe unpack my .psarc and then just offset the first beat to match your file? I uploaded my newest/best version at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2GRHIrNcVrSdEE3YVVDam1IUzg/edit?usp=sharingThat has a tested (by me) bass track, known-to-be-bugged lead track (locks up when loading), and untested rhythm track. Also, vocals which I managed to put in OK but they show with some ~ characters because the program I used to generate the timed vocal track told me to put in some for when I wanted vowel repeats (like "in your he-e-ead" in the song).  I should probably redo them since those display with the ~ which is a bit funky.  Anyway, you are welcome to scavenge anything out of there by unpacking in the toolkit if you like, OR I can upload specific files.

Just out of curiosity, did you use/import a Guitar Pro tab from UltimateGuitar?  Version 7 there?

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Oh, and wondering what you set the tuning to?

All tabs I've seen say Standard E.  I think that is correct, but it sounds dissonant to me unless I tune a bit sharp.  Best to my ear was tuning to A445 instead of A440.  I googled and found a few posts of people that noted that it sounded off in normal Standard E (A440), but didn't have any luck finding anyone who suggested how much to alter that by so I came up with A445 through experimentation.

Another option I saw was that the Cranberries apparently play the live version in normal A440 Standard E, and it definitely sounds better to play along with the live version if I set my bass at A440.

Milkman Dan

I got into a fight with a car, the car won. I'm on my back for a few more days, haven't been able to work on this yet. I should have it ready before next weekend. Bass is being worked on, thanks all for both input and files. I didn't notice the rs1 version of Zombie. I still have to look into sync, bass and tone.

Tuning is set to standard E, I'll give A445 a try as well, could possibly solve the custom tune problem I'm having

CDLC WIP:

Various old Paradise Lost from back when they sounded a lot less bland than today

These will take time - 2 dogs, work, band, wife and dishwashing is apparently more important than making CDLCs

I've been having fun working on this (my first attempt at making a custom from scratch), so I think I will continue adding and tweaking.  I did a version yesterday after my post here with guitar parts and did get them to load properly in game, but I can't really test them because I don't have an electric guitar.  Plus my guitar skills are very rusty, and pretty poor to begin with -- especially for chords and chord progressions.  I've definitely turned into a *bass* person.

Also, I didn't choose the best guitar parts to import from the GP5 tab I sourced from.  It has the guitar separated into 4 tracks (although 2 of the 4 are just identical or nearly so with left/right stereo panning), and I left out those twin L/R parts.  After listening some more, I definitely should have imported that track as well, because it has what I'd call the main distorted guitar riff, and is what I'd identify as the "lead" part.  So, I need to do another version today with adding that in and moving one of the other parts (probably a track that mainly just does intro/outro) into a bonus arrangement.

I am mainly doing this for my own fun/education, and since you started work on this song first I will just leave my version here in the workshop instead of submitting it to the database.  You are welcome to grab the bass part from mine, or anything else.  Hope it is OK for me to work on the song also, I didn't mean to step on any toes...

--edit--

Oh, and hope your accident recovery goes smooth!

Milkman Dan

Go ahead with it, if you feel you end up with a result others might enjoy playing, I have no problem with you submitting it. I've got a broken arm, so progress on my version might end up taking longer than I had hoped for.

CDLC WIP:

My broken arm isn't holding me 100% back, but it is slowing me down. I've decided on making this with lead guitar only, if there's enough interrest in separated lead and rythm sections, I might consider doing that. I'm still working on sync which isn't easy with only left hand available - but progress is being made. I've incorporated both lead and rythm parts into one lead track, for those interrested you can see the tab I'm working on here https://www.dropbox.com/s/srka6fh33c60zev/The%20Cranberries%20-%20Zombie%20%28Rocksmith%29.gpx

I haven't cleaned up bass and lyrics yet, so ignore f....ups in those sections for now.

CDLC WIP:

Guitar is done, my right arm is still as broken as it can be, so I'd really appreciate if one or more of you can give this a spin and see how it plays. Sync should be 100% OK. Custom tones haven't been made yet, so please ignore that for now. Bass, lyrics, custom tones and eof cleanup will be made early next week

https://www.dropbox....ie_v0.1_p.psarc

CDLC WIP:

I checked this out. Tab looks pretty strange for me - I mean chorus, but seems to be ok anyway. I don't know if that what you've already done is whole lead part or combo but look at distortion part during chorus - http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/cranberries-zombie-tab-s431t1 . I think that both (that which you used and this one) are accurate enough but that second one gives me more fun. Genrally cool, can't wait final version with custom tone.

Thanks for the feedback Klopez. Chorus part will likely be changed a bit once I get a chance to pay it myself next week - my broken arm should be ready for action again Tursday. It will stay close to what I've already made, the songsterr tab i a bit too simple compared with what is actually being played. I've made a combo of lead and rythm to keep things more interresting, but I think that might have worked out better in my head than on a guitar. Something to test next week as well

CDLC WIP:

Tabs have been completely overhauled, so the test version has been deleted.

CDLC WIP:

Quick update - bass tone  and 3 of 4 guitar tones are done (echo, overdrive and clean), the fat 90's distorted sound from chorus is still giving a bit of a headache. Out here in the real life, with real gear, I can get very close to their sound with Vox 30 and a big muff pedal so I'm trying to replicate that in-game, but it sounds off. Clean amps with fuzz pedales are, it seems, the way to go. Expect a final version friday this week.

CDLC WIP:

It's 95% complete, so unless real life, work or the house general (wife) isn't dragging me of to do something unexpected, it'll be ready today Gork.

CDLC WIP:

Only thing missing now is adding custom tones - I'm away from my own PC, but I should be able to get it completed later today. Download link to finished version (without tones) for those interrested (bass, lead and lyrics) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wy19kj757lb04zc/-_YU3uWBo

I can't test it as I don't bring a guitar with me to work (not yet anyways), so if you test it and find something broken, please let me know. DD hasn't been added, I'll make both DD and non DD version available once tones have been added

I've combined lead / rythm into one track. Playing lead only would leave out the most interresting parts of the song (intro and solo), playing rythm only would leave you staring at the screen with nothing to do for extended periods of time. If there's high demand for a more correct version with separated lead and rythm, I'll make an alternative version. Distortion part is following bass line, I know some might be dissapointed about this. I've checked out some live shots, and unless my eyes are completely deceiving me, this is how it's actually played. There's nothing complicated about this addition, you only need to move one finger a couple of times.

CDLC WIP:

It should work, just tested it without being logged in on dropbox. But try this instead https://www.dropbox.com/s/303vr0unybpncds/The-Cranberries_Zombie_v0_8_p.psarc?m=

The final version with tones will be ready later today, so it the alternative link still isn't working please let me know. I plan on using the same dropbox folder when uploading the finished version

CDLC WIP:

Tones were done, but once they were adjusted in volume to fit the song volume, they sounded like a bad hangover. Still more work to be done. There's also some information from tabs that EoF couldn't handle, so still a little work to do to get the intro more correct. Chorus also needs small adjustments on both sync and tabs. i'm off for a few days of heavy drinking, so unfortunately this will be delayed to early next week.

There are also minor sync problems with lyrics.

CDLC WIP:

No progress this week as I'm out on a small tour with the band. Hopefully I'll have time to finish this next week

CDLC WIP: