Issue updating to new version and running previous version

How do I fix the zip error about sandboxing please? I read somewhere that I need to unblock the zip file, which I did before installing 2.9.2.0-5b20d981. I just did the auto update option to -a61b... and it failed with <ERROR> latestZipUrl AssemblyCaller failure.. An attempt was made to load an assembly.... I'm using .Net 4.7.2, Windows 7 64 bit.

Also, this might  be related, but when I'm generating a custom in RST, I'll select the bass part, then when I go to choose the album art or music file, it clears all the fields. There's no rhyme or reason to this - if I select the music file first, then the bass part, selecting the album art can still clear everything. Sometimes it works, other times it can take five or six attempts to get everything to stay put.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

How do I fix the zip error about sandboxing please? I read somewhere that I need to unblock the zip file, which I did before installing 2.9.2.0-5b20d981. I just did the auto update option to -a61b... and it failed with <ERROR> latestZipUrl AssemblyCaller failure.. An attempt was made to load an assembly.... I'm using .Net 4.7.2, Windows 7 64 bit.

I got the same problem, so I completely erased the old RST version for the new version because the automatic update did not work. (Win 7 64 bit too)

• Developer

Also, this might  be related, but when I'm generating a custom in RST, I'll select the bass part, then when I go to choose the album art or music file, it clears all the fields. There's no rhyme or reason to this - if I select the music file first, then the bass part, selecting the album art can still clear everything. Sometimes it works, other times it can take five or six attempts to get everything to stay put.

That sound a lot like this bug.

• Developer

@@JamesPrestonUK The toolkit runs best on Net 4.0.30319.  I would recommend you do a manual installation.  You would have to research if the version you have is backward compatible.  Some are not.

' latestZipUrl AssemblyCaller failure' is found in the updater.  Try adding RocksmithToolkitUpdater.exe to your AV whitelist and set admin privileges.  Have a look here.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

'<ERROR> latestZipUrl AssemblyCaller failure' is found in the updater.  Try adding RocksmithToolkitUpdater.exe to your AV whitelist and set admin privileges.  Have a look here.

For information, I did the update as usual ie with the folder or is placed RST in the folder of exclusions of my antivirus as well as the agents of it disabled (as always) but this times, I had a failure with this version.

• Developer

@@Fedro

I hope it is not the case that you have to whitelist each time a revision comes out, but would appreciate if you could check it out by re-whitelisting.  I am not having that problem on my dev machine so I can not test.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thanks @@cozy1, @@iminashi and @@Fedro

I've replaced my .net with the earlier version and the installation of the latest Toolkit went without any dramas. I've just created a custom though and the fields were blanked out. On my next attempt, I moved the dialog box for selecting the album art to the right, selected the artwork, and it took it without blanking the rest of the fields out. I'll not know whether this is a coincidence until I do my next custom  :D

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

I hope it is not the case that you have to whitelist each time a revision comes out, but would appreciate if you could check it out by re-whitelisting.  I am not having that problem on my dev machine so I can not test.

Rest assured @cosy1, the folder where I place the Toolkit is still whitelisted, so update is not usually a problem.

Second custom done, dialog box moved to the right when adding album art and mp3, and no fields blanked. This could be a result!

• Developer

@@JamesPrestonUK 'I've just created a custom though and the fields were blanked out.' 

Screenshots of the issue plz.  So are you saying that when you added an EOF project, XML Arrangement the toolkit's 'Song Information' fields were blank?  How did you add the EOF project files, with 'Add' or 'Quick Add'?

• Developer

@iminashi  Thanks for input.  Are you able to reproduce the vanishing 'Song Information'?  I have not been able to do so. 

@@Fedro The toolkit updater was fixed several builds back.  Please try installing Net 4.0.30319 if the updater is still not working for you.

@@group So I tried to install and run the toolkit on a system that has a fresh install of Win7.  I am now able to reproduce some of the issues reported here which are system dependent.  Now to come up with fixes if possible.

@Fedro The toolkit updater was fixed several builds back.  Please try installing Net 4.0.30319 if the updater is still not working for you.

For now, it happened only once. I would look at this problem if it reproduces it. Thank you all for your contribution.

@@cozy1 - just tried again. If I add the EOF file using Add (not quick add), the track info - album, date, title etc) are all there. If I then add the Album art without repositioning the dialog box, it blanks the track info fields. If I reselect the EOF file, then add the Album Art and move the dialog box to the right, the track info isn't blanked. Next time  I create one, I'll send you a screenshot.

• Developer

@@JamesPrestonUK I still don't follow ... 'If I then add the Album art without repositioning the dialog box, it blanks the track info fields.'

In the 'Add Arrangement' dialog when you are finished with the arrangement you should press 'Ok' button.  This will close the 'Add Arrangement' dialog.

Then using the 'CDLC Creator GUI' add the the album artwork.

Screenshot plz, worth thousand words, when you have time.

1. Click Add button to select EOF File
  2. Add Arrangement window opens
  3. Select file
  4. Check "if tone..." option
  5. Click OK
  6. Cllck button to add artwork
  7. Select artwork
  8. Click OK <- at this point, the Song Information fields can be cleared.
  9. Click button to add audio file
  10. Select audio file
  11. Click OK <- at this point, the Song Information fields can be cleared.

Annoyingly, I've just created a new custom and the fields have not been cleared after selecting audio/artwork. I will monitor the situation and report back if/when it happens again. It was definitely happening yesterday.

Just tried it again and there were no problems. This is like taking something which doesn't work back to a shop, you get it there and it's fine  :D

• Developer

Thanks for input.  Are you able to reproduce the vanishing 'Song Information'?  I have not been able to do so. 

I am able to reproduce it with a file dialog and double clicking, like I described in the issue I linked.

Selecting a file and then hitting enter or clicking the "open" button will not cause it to happen.

• Like 1

• Developer

@@iminashi I see the bug now.  Thank you for the detail about 'double clicking'.  You are 100% correct.  It is the same VS glitch as before but applied to  different control(s).  Looks like I need to remove MouseUp events from the main GUI as  the work around.

"if you doubleclick a file in the openfiledialog to load that file (instead of clicking the open-button of the dialog) and the openfiledialog is placed over the control which handles mouseup-events, it might be, that the last mouseup from the opening-doubleclick is processed in that control..."

A video of me getting the error earlier: https://www.dropbox.com/s/25scc0pls0hiwfd/2019-03-05%2007.06.16.mp4?dl=0

A perfect example of me double clicking the first time when it fails and then single clicking and choosing OK the next time and it works. I feel bad now. I work in IT and have to trouble shoot issues like this almost every day. And I didn't think to look at how I was selecting the files..... d'oh!

• Like 1

• Developer

@@group Try the latest toolkit build when you have time.  All issues should be fixed, including Auto Updater, double-click glitch, and MS sandbox error on startup.

• Developer

@@Fedro No problem. The folders may have been left open.  I have not figured out a way to programatically delete manually opened folders.  You will have to delete those files/folders manually after the update.

Ok except that the update did not work. After the correction you made relate to the latest version. So for a future update. It may be normal that it does not work yet.

• Developer

@Fedro  Updater should work for you.  It works for me.  I have tested and re-tested on multiple machines.  Make sure you have all folders closed when you run the updater.  If it fails then something is locked or not closed (you will have to unlock and close manually before running updater again).  Also make sure your Local Settings>Temp folder is empty before starting.  Let me know if you figure it out.

@cosy1 You are right. I installed the before last version of the toolkit and restarted the computer. Then i launched updater without anything disabled on my antivirus and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy