setup loop - changes E:\ to C:\ in RS path

GHRamsEy

Installed latest build of CFSM and when it looked for RS install folder it's not letting me using E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014 as the path.  It keeps changing stubbornly E:\ to C:\ 

It will not let me manually type the path it brings up a file manager window to look for the file the moment I try

to type.  Manually going to the folder though does not change the issue either.  It still changes the path to C:\

If I copy/paste the path hit save and try to list songs it gives me an error that no songs are found.

And it loops back to the setup process.

Rinse, repeat.  Stuck in a loop since I installed the update.

See this video:

https://i.imgur.com/Tai5YNI.mp4

I also tried UN-installing the CFSM and reinstalled the download and ran it as admin as instruction.

NO effect.

There is no log file other than the installation.log.  Is it stored other than in the CFSM program folder?

It was working just fine until I installed the update.  Can I revert back to the previous version?

Money Talks!? All it ever says to me is "Goodbye!".

• Developer

The RS Installation detection algo was recently changed.  Maybe @@Lovroman can help.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

The RS Installation detection algo was recently changed.  Maybe @@Lovroman can help.

Well after playing with it for a while I got it to work.

The program was looking in the wrong folder which had a synonymous name and I'm not sure why it was there.

It was looking in E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014 but the correct path is

E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\

I'm not sure why that folder existed, but it was on both C and E drives and had dead end path \dlc and in the RS 2014 folders the d3d9*.dll was there.   And since it had rocksmith 2014 in the path I was erroneously directing the program there too manually.     I suspect steam made it since I recently (couple of months ago) moved some steam games to my hard disk from the SSD due to space.  So it might be a remnant file from before it was moved.

What I'm finding odd though is that when I pasted that path in it was from the valid one.

Perhaps that is where the bug or glitch is.

But when I set it to reset CFSM on exit it now immediately finds the RS folder and all songs so this problem such as it was is now solved.

I kept the logs from the last run before I fixed it if you are interested in perhaps improving the algo that verifies RS folder. It was being stubborn changing my path from E:\ to C:\ I think because it thought it had indeed found the correct installation, but maybe it needs to be more than finding the path and look for something IN the folder.

Link to folder with log and setupxml is here:

http://pc.cd/h6GrtalK

Edited by ghr1227

Money Talks!? All it ever says to me is "Goodbye!".