Is my PC good enough?

michigan0626

Question

Hello

I was on here back in August to ask if my laptop was good enough.  It isn't. Well I finally went and bought the bass that is in my avatar. Now I am asking about my desktop specs.

CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor 2.8 GHz

RAM- 8 GB (7.74 usable)

OS- Windows 7 Home Premium

Vid Card- ATI RS880     Internal DAC (400MHz)   3064 MB total memory

Circa- 2009  :unsure:

8 answers to this question

I think it would could work depending on your gpu.

cpu is just on minimum spec and you've got enough ram, but I cant find out much about the gpu since googling it gives me info about a chipset and not a specific gpu. Could you send a link to buy one or something so I can be sure on the specs?

Although 400MHz clock speed IDK seems pretty slow, I use a gt 710 and it works fine but you might be pushing it.  But the game is mostly cpu bound so it might work

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

You could probably run it low settings, maybe at 720p but as long as you can see what your doing it doesn't really matter how fancy it looks.

All I can say is give it a go and if its too bad you can use steam's refund policy as long as you've played under an hour

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Running through a TV isn't really recommended because of latency and recommended specs probably wouldn't run it at 4k, probably 1080p with good settings though.

Not sure if there's a way to lower latency running on tv except for getting a monitor instead lol

although its probably not too terrible since I haven't really tried it

• Administrator

@@coldrampage Latency issue with TV is more often caused by the way TV treats the audio signal over HDMI than anything. TV process the video part of the signal and they know how much time it takes to process it so they delay the audio signal by that amount to keep both signal in sync. It's great for watching TV/movies but for gaming it can become quite problematic.

That's why gaming mode exist where most of the digital processing of the video is cut down to the minimum which can offer latency value under 20ms for good TV but in audio sensitive case that are music game it can still be slightly too much. At this point the best solution is to avoid the TV when it comes to the audio part which can easily be done by going through an audio receiver that will manage the audio signal while sending the video part back to the TV.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity