Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 277

shouldn't be playing really the Doc has told me that i have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and shouldn't be putting my hands, wrists, thumbs etc through any unnecessary strain......... if he could see me now  :rolleyes:

A lot of my wrist pain actually got better after I took up guitar.  Maybe a different type of movement from the keyboard?  I'm not sure.  I do try to remind myself to fret softly however. 

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Son of a...

9a4em0H.jpg

After priding myself about how well I've kept my cable since 2014. Tonight I'm trying to throw up some scores. Plug my bass in and throw it over my shoulder. Lean over to grab my headphones

Crash Bang Boom!!!

The bass and my hardwood floor are fine. The cable broke the fall perfectly :(

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Rodman I can understand your point of view but to be honest if I'm in 4th place and in 8th place on lead and rhythm, and what I believe this rule of >99% is intended for is to avoid the same person winning all the time, I'm not that guy as it is possible to see by the results and standings :) Rules are written and I respect them but I just gave my opinion that's how things change if everyone or the majority support it.

I know if i advanced to MC I still can play other songs but we all like a bit of healthy competition right? And again I'm not dominating so I'm not taking the pleasure of other people being able to win

Regarding being afraid to move further, aren't we all on this for pleasure and getting better? What's the point of moving up and doing scores of 80% and worst of all playing the songs very poorly. Isn't it the best feeling in the world when in some way you master a song you love that was a challenge? The trick in my opinion is playing songs a little bit beyond your current level, which the advanced class did wonders for me :) that it's not noticeable because in the background I bust my ass off to play them well and not playing the other songs

@@meelo

tenor.gif

I agree that Coheed was probably the easiest song to play on advanced that I found. Let's see what will be tomorrow's song. :)

Yo m8!

It's really funny cause that topic has been on again and again for 5 years now. I'll have time for a long answer you will be happy with this evening.

All is good.

I finish my snowboarding holiday and then join the rock!!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

shouldn't be playing really the Doc has told me that i have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and shouldn't be putting my hands, wrists, thumbs etc through any unnecessary strain......... if he could see me now  :rolleyes:

A lot of my wrist pain actually got better after I took up guitar.  Maybe a different type of movement from the keyboard?  I'm not sure.  I do try to remind myself to fret softly however. 

unfortunately i don't have a job which requires much keyboard action, i got my condition from constantly cutting, facing off, welding and polishing high purity pipework for the silicon industry......... just gotta take it easy for a while 

playing the guitar only hurts if i play for too long so until my hands fall off or i go for the operation i'll carry on regardless  ;)

having said that i might ease up on the bass as that seems to hurt a  bit more than the 6 string.

anyway i got an improvement which i never thought i'd get,

evbrx67ub4g4pxt6g.jpg

i can do all the bits now.....just not in the same run  :mellow:

• Like 3

@NunoJBSilva.Guitarist  @Rodman What about giving a different win style to those playing with * (those out of class)?  So, if your in MC but want to focus on ADV song you could complete with the * people and just ignore the MC song if you want.  I have noticed a phew folks go to MC and then disappear.  Granted, there could be many reasons for this, but hate to see people go.  I feel there is much benefit to stick with it.

Although, I personally have no issues with how things are today and still have some great out of class battles with many of you.  I normally learn something from each class song.

• Like 2

@NunoJBSilva.Guitarist  @Rodman What about giving a different win style to those playing with * (those out of class)?  So, if your in MC but want to focus on ADV song you could complete with the * people and just ignore the MC song if you want.  I have noticed a phew folks go to MC and then disappear.  Granted, there could be many reasons for this, but hate to see people go.  I feel there is much benefit to stick with it.

Although, I personally have no issues with how things as they are today and still have some great out of class battles with many of you.  I normally learn something from each class song.

That was one of the reasons I left 2-3 years ago. I don't know why other people leave but I guess there will be more people leaving if they are somehow "forced" than someone who never wins because there is a guy that wins almost every time. My bet is that anyone from beginner to advanced will always prefer to be in MC, if they had the option and the playing quality, that's the top level on RS CS. We are all aware of a good number of ppl requesting not to advance, so maybe instead of giving exceptions give free will to everyone :) 

AjarFrighteningLeafwing-size_restricted.

What's the point of upgrading and you can do <70% on MC (if this rule is still alive) and downgrade again, or worst people not posting their >99% scores

Also we can still now see that pretty much in all categories there is one or two ppl dominating the entire class E.g. B - 1 , I -2 , A - 1 , MC - 2. 

@@johnal I don't know what the * stands for and what rules are applied. I've noticed some on the rankings.

--

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

* is there to indicate someone from a different class (various google scripts benefit from this).

We decided to go with the rule of "force level up" to challenge participants but mostly to let people feel that they are competing against others of the same level.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

35088605ps.jpg

ROCK!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.