Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 277

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Song selection is surprisingly appropriate.
http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week277/lead/a01.png

(You better watch out, because I'm back in the game!)

• Like 5

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

I don't like to give bad reviews but I believe this is probably the worst RS tab that I found, generally rock RS tabs are not quite good as metal (because they are more difficult to transcribe) but this one is so wrong in a lot of places. I see this was based from a UG guitar tab exactly the same :) Well at least you can train your ear.

On other hand Coheed was really fun to play.

q2tzIMQ.jpg

• Like 1

--

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

I don't like to give bad reviews but I believe this is probably the worst RS tab that I found, generally rock RS tabs are not quite good as metal (because they are more difficult to transcribe) but this one is so wrong in a lot of places. I see this was based from a UG guitar tab exactly the same :) Well at least you can train your ear.

I had the same opinion at first, but then I played the rhythm track which filled in the blanks. I'm not entirely sure that the rhythm guitarist actually does the squeelies, but I wouldn't go as far as saying is the absolute worst tab there is :P

• Like 1

I had the same opinion at first, but then I played the rhythm track which filled in the blanks. I'm not entirely sure that the rhythm guitarist actually does the squeelies, but I wouldn't go as far as saying is the absolute worst tab there is :P

:) eheh I've been playing here for two months, so if it's the worst I found  it's not as bad as it looks :). And I was mentioning the Lead part. Didn't try the rhythm though.

In my opinion, I wasn't counting with the big gaps that is a bit non sensical to me and I was doing the same thing as you filling with the rhythm part but again in my opinion there was some muting missing, vibratos, fills etc and the solo doesn't sound right. I probably not getting this by myself 100% siince like I mentioned this is rock and it's a lot more diificult to transcribe than for example metal. I though the same thing with the Kinks  and Tom Petty solos.  :)

but I was just saying this in good faith because years ago I was just guiding myself with tabs and it wasn't sounding right and I though the problem  probably was me, it was partially true but not entirely some tabs weren't accurate.

• Like 1

--

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

:) eheh I've been playing here for two months, so if it's the worst I found  it's not as bad as it looks :). And I was mentioning the Lead part. Didn't try the rhythm though.

In my opinion, I wasn't counting with the big gaps that is a bit non sensical to me and I was doing the same thing as you filling with the rhythm part but again in my opinion there was some muting missing, vibratos, fills etc and the solo doesn't sound right. I probably not getting this by myself 100% siince like I mentioned this is rock and it's a lot more diificult to transcribe than for example metal. I though the same thing with the Kinks  and Tom Petty solos.  :)

but I was just saying this in good faith because years ago I was just guiding myself with tabs and it wasn't sounding right and I though the problem  probably was me, it was partially true but not entirely some tabs weren't accurate.

Yeah I understand that :) I trust your ear over my own any day of the week. Well, except perhaps tuesdays between 9 and 10 pm, if the sun is shining  :lol: The blanks seem to suggest the tabs are transcribed from a live video, but yeah, I definitely felt like there was some inconsistencies with the track when I tested it for the first time, but I wasn't sure whether it was just played by the rhythm guitarist. I was convinced it was. I'm not much worried about accurate muting tabs in rock songs though. My muting technique is far from perfect, but tabs tend to only give you a black&white guide for muting, but there are quite a lot of late and half mutes especially in rock songs.

• Like 2

This is the underrated part of the comment.  It isn't always you that is the roadblock.  I played clarinet for several years and was terrible.  (I know, you are thinking, but diceslinger, we thought you we so cool!)  Then an instructor showed me I had a warped mouthpiece.  One new mouthpiece and I was immediately twice as good!  

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

I've played this song soooo damn much now, for a small amount of progress. Set a goal of 95% on at least one of those paths for end time Saturday!

That sounds like a normal week for me :)  I did have to promise to start wearing headphones while riff repeating.  My family was starting to revolt.

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet