CDLC Volume Normalization

masheen
Go to solution Solved by masheen,

I have quite the collection of CDLC I've made and both enjoyed from the community, one thing I notice is there is a HUGE difference in various volumes between  everyone's songs. While I would not expect there to be a standard for volume levels I am looking to do just that with my own personal collection. I know there is a lot I can do per song with EOF as well as RS toolkit. Is there a way to normalize the songs in bulk without editing them manually? I use my own sound / pedals for the actual guitar so this is in regard to the song track itself. 

In other news finally got a KM7 in blue! RS got a lot more fun haha. Thanks again and as its been a few years I'll start posting more CDLC's soon!

I'm creating cdlc's cool...It may not be easy but slowly I'll get there...Thank you to this great community.

http://customsforge.com/topic/24341-matts-cdlcs-make-suggestions-as-well/?do=findComment&comment=186466

Not yet. It is something that might be implemented at one point though but dev time is limited.

Thanks for the clarification. Definitely understand the limited dev. time. 

I'm creating cdlc's cool...It may not be easy but slowly I'll get there...Thank you to this great community.

http://customsforge.com/topic/24341-matts-cdlcs-make-suggestions-as-well/?do=findComment&comment=186466

• Developer

@@masheen I developed an application named Audiosmith whose primary purpose is to reduce the size of psarc files by re-encoding the audio.  I also added a feature to normalize loudness.  Check the box 'EBU R128 Std' should do what you are asking for.  You can download it here.  Try it on a couple of CDLC and let me know if it works for you.

AudiosmithScreenshot.jpg?width=446&heigh

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@masheen I developed an application named Audiosmith whose primary purpose is to reduce the size of psarc files by re-encoding the audio.  I also added a feature to normalize loudness.  Check the box 'EBU R128 Std' should do what you are asking for.  You can download it here.  Try it on a couple of CDLC and let me know if it works for you.

AudiosmithScreenshot.jpg?width=446&heigh

AWSOME! Will try it out and report back. 

This tool seems to have definitely done the trick! 

Curiously for one of the oDLC's in this case Dream Theater: Pull me Under it gives this error when trying to 'Run' it with EBU R128 Std set.

[2019/02/06 06:30:52]: <WARNING>: Skipped Official DLC ...
[2019/02/06 06:30:52]:            dreapull.psarc
[2019/02/06 06:30:52]: Finished transcoding audio files ... 
[2019/02/06 06:30:52]: Total disk space reclaimed: 0 KB ...

Perhaps Ubi already did some adjustments to it?

• Developer

@masheen  Good to hear.  So what settings did you use that worked for you?

Skipping ODLC is intentional.  Audiosmith can not be used to modify ODLC.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 2 months later...

So, I am new to the creating of DLC. I have watched the videos and have all the software in place. I went through all the tutorials and yadda yadda, and all the way up to the importing the tabliture. (at which I was unaware of the cost to become a member for the tabliture). My question or comment is the same as the OP. several of the songs I downloaded (Theory of a Deadman, Black Stone Cherry) are very VERY loud!!!! I don't play them and it is not fair to the person that took the time to create them to get a bad rap because of a few loud songs and also poor progression with the difficulty.  I am far from a nit picker and kudos to those that do take the time. Is there a way to modify an already created song or does it have to be created from step one?

• Developer

@@NDAUBER "Is there a way to modify an already created song or does it have to be created from step one?"

You can normalize the volume of existing CDLC using Audiosmith per the above directions.  You can also use the toolkit, or CFSM to modify the volume of existing CDLC for your personal use.  Just do one of the following:

- CFSM>SongManager (select a CDLC)>Edit Song Information (right click)>Song Volume (change it)>Save

- Toolkit>CDLC Creator>Import Package>Song vol. (change it)>Generate

You may want to pass along your findings to the original CDLC charter so they can modify the volume according to what you have found.

• 9 months later...
  • Solution

@masheen  Good to hear.  So what settings did you use that worked for you?

Skipping ODLC is intentional.  Audiosmith can not be used to modify ODLC.

My apologies for the wayyyy late reply. I used the EBU checkbox, kept it at 256. I then let the tool run for a long while. I have 2606 psarcs total. Thank you again for the helping with that. I've been playing directly with my guitar/audio DAC and daw (Reason) into Rocksmith so not have to constantly adjust volumes per song is so helpful. Hope all is well and work will calm down so I can create more CDLC's for everyone.