Waveform Issues

natobassist

Question

11 answers to this question

I've never seen the waveform not sync with the audio. Whatever audio is loaded is what is used to create the graph. If you mean it's an AV sync issue in EOF, you can adjust that in File>Settings.

If your song is super long, your computer may not have enough memory for EOF to create the waveform the way it does (decompress into memory as a WAV file). As a workaround, you can create a lower quality audio file to use for beat mapping (ie. monaural would cut the memory use in half, or you could lower the sample rate).

There's not enough information for me to determine what's wrong. Unless this is the only chart you're having such problems with, a wrong AV delay value in File>Settings is likely. If this is the only chart you're running into this problem with, the chart audio is a likely problem. If you can send me the EOF project and guitar.ogg file I can test with it.

When you said you were unable to generate a waveform for "longer" songs, instead of all songs, the memory limit is the most likely problem. Some people chart songs that are tens of minutes or even over an hour long, and decoding that much PCM to memory can be a problem. If you get any sort of error message/number when waveform creation fails, let me know.

On my computer, when I open your project, the first bass note in the audio is where you drew the arrow in your screen capture. The delay defined in the project is wrong and should be changed to something like 25920. You can change this in Song>Properties and allow EOF to adjust the notes.

Using that timing, make adjustments to the AV delay as necessary.

If the waveform fails to generate, it says to check the log file for details. Open eof_log.txt from EOF's program folder while that message is being displayed and see what the cause of the error is cited to be (at or near the bottom of the log file).

• Administrator

@@raynebc Note that i drew the arrow from an exchange we had over reddit with OP. He likely have an AV delay that isn't quite right for his system but doesn't seems to want to adjust his own setting so far...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

25920 is the correct delay value (note this is completely unrelated to the "AV delay" in that it only affects the active project) to set in Song>Properties in order to sync the first beat marker. After having a properly synced chart, you can change the AV delay value (which is a global setting that applies to audio/video sync during playback in EOF) to make it line up. To start, go into File>Settings and note what the AV delay is currently set to. If it's a number that is higher than 500 it is probably very wrong, and you should set it to 0 and see how the sync looks.

There may be specific scenarios where this kind of thing could happen, ie.:

1. If you create the waveform graph, then use "File>Load OGG" to load a different one, the waveform isn't recreated until you hide and show the waveform again (ie. press F5 twice). This is intentional behavior in case somebody wanted to load a drum stem, display its waveform and then load a different audio file while keeping the drum waveform shown.

2. If you have the project open in EOF and edit the chart audio outside of EOF, the change isn't immediately reflected because EOF loaded the audio into memory already. Re-loading the project would fix it.