Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac

Hi everyone, just started to use Rocksmith and faced need to convert packs to mac format but found out every existing easy solution for mac is outdated.
So i figured out how to run rs-toolkit on wine and considering lack of convenient ways to run it on mac, I decided to resolve it myself

https://github.com/helioxigen/rocksmith-toolkit-mac
Here you can download installer for Rocksmith Toolkit wrapped in wineskin with 32on64 support
Tested on latest Big Sur (11.4),  so any macOS 10.15+ should be  supported as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 3:27 AM, galixigen said:

Hi everyone, just started to use Rocksmith and faced need to convert packs to mac format but found out every existing easy solution for mac is outdated.
So i figured out how to run rs-toolkit on wine and considering lack of convenient ways to run it on mac, I decided to resolve it myself

Here you can download installer for Rocksmith Toolkit wrapped in wineskin with 32on64 support
Tested on latest Big Sur (11.4),  so any macOS 10.15+ should be  supported as well

Hey, I'm getting an error saying the DMG cant be opened. Also, your link to download the installer leads here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/helioxigen/rocksmith-toolkit-mac/master/RocksmithTool.dmg - just seems to be text. 

On 7/13/2021 at 5:12 AM, kufi said:

error when opened "RocksmithTool" is damaged and can't be opened

18 hours ago, facepoppies said:

same here

I didn't tested on fresh mac, so i can only theorize, solution must be simple, try this, immediately after trying to open RocksmithTool:
System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Tab "General" => Allow anyway

6 hours ago, galixigen said:

I didn't tested on fresh mac, so i can only theorize, solution must be simple, try this, immediately after trying to open RocksmithTool:
System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Tab "General" => Allow anyway

So when I go to the general tab in security, there's not allow anyway option at all. Even when I do it right after trying to open the app and getting the "is damaged and can't be opened" message

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Shadeuss said:

Same here. No option to allow running in Security tab

"Open a Finder window and navigate to wherever you've installed the Rocksmith Tools Launcher app (looks like it's in the Applications folder). Leave that window open and launch Terminal. Paste this portion of the command into Terminal: xattr -cr

Make sure to include the space after "cr" then drag your Rocksmith Tools Launcher app into the Terminal window. This will autofill the directory and the name of the app, eliminating the chance of something going wrong due to spelling errors, use of spaces, etc.. When you drag the app into Terminal, it should appear as Rocksmith\ Tools\ Launcher.app

Give that a go, and good luck!"

• 4 weeks later...

That doesn't work either; xattr doesn't seem to support either the c or r options in macOS 11.5:

xattr -cr /Applications/RocksmithTool.app
option -c not recognized

usage: xattr [-slz] file [file ...]
       xattr -p [-slz] attr_name file [file ...]
       xattr -w [-sz] attr_name attr_value file [file ...]
       xattr -d [-s] attr_name file [file ...]

The first form lists the names of all xattrs on the given file(s).
The second form (-p) prints the value of the xattr attr_name.
The third form (-w) sets the value of the xattr attr_name to attr_value.
The fourth form (-d) deletes the xattr attr_name.

options:
  -h: print this help
  -s: act on symbolic links themselves rather than their targets
  -l: print long format (attr_name: attr_value)
  -z: compress or decompress (if compressed) attribute value in zip format

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, cacafilho said:

hey Guys!!! I could made it work for macOS Catalina!!! 

Just uploaded on my gdrive.

used wineskin source (https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer).. gave a lot of work, so enjoy!!! 
this is for us!!!

Screen-Shot-2020-05-12-at-16-14-21.png

Screen-Shot-2020-05-12-at-16-14-01.png

Screen-Shot-2020-05-12-at-16-13-48.png

The link is below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OCpVFgV0AHcAYSeUpgUNRHdx96JlyvGY

is there any way you could reupload this? the link is currently down :((
i just got my old mac from back home but it had been upgraded to catalina.

• 1 month later...

On 6/28/2021 at 12:27 AM, galixigen said:

On 8/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, tragio said:

"Open a Finder window and navigate to wherever you've installed the Rocksmith Tools Launcher app (looks like it's in the Applications folder). Leave that window open and launch Terminal. Paste this portion of the command into Terminal: xattr -cr

Make sure to include the space after "cr" then drag your Rocksmith Tools Launcher app into the Terminal window. This will autofill the directory and the name of the app, eliminating the chance of something going wrong due to spelling errors, use of spaces, etc.. When you drag the app into Terminal, it should appear as Rocksmith\ Tools\ Launcher.app

Worked for me, thank you. I'm currently trying it out 🙂

edit:currently stuck on getting wwise to work. boo! - Trying wwise 2013 windows format with exe, and i'm able to click "generate" and the wwise box pops up- but I'm getting error "wwise audio conversion failed"

(This is blank, suppose to be text displaying!)

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.46.19 PM.png

then this error

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.46.27 PM.png

posted as issue here https://github.com/helioxigen/rocksmith-toolkit-mac/issues/1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for all your help. I can finally play custom song on my mac, using the vid from chazswp, thank you ;-).

My pc is too old to work correctly, so it's good to have it on the mac.

I used the link (&app) posted above (github) to convert the song from pc to mac. But with one song (bath salts from highly suspect), I have the bend in reverse. (goes down in place of up). 

If someone else has another method and can convert this song for me in mac version, i would really appreciate the help. It's been 3 very long days that I try to run custom dlcwith my pc or mac, now it's ok. But just this problem too figure out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, tragio said:

This worked for me! Thank you. Monterey and M1 here.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, rockthis1990 said:

Does anyone have an updated way of converting customs songs from PC -> MAC?

I think this should work
https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy