Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac

• Developer

@JazzMasterJ  First, make sure you have Wwise  2013 installed and working.  After importing psarc, delete the existing audio and preview audio files, then try adding your new wav audio file before generating,  

Post screenshots if the issue persists.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

If you install Wwise 2013 to the default location then make sure the toolkit General Config>Wwise Path is empty.  If you did a custom install then you must specify the Wwise Path, e.g., C:\Program Files\Audiokinect\Wwise\Authoring\Win32\Release\bin

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Having a brain meltdown, ah frack!  You are asking about Mac version of tools ... so answer is to download latest Wine Port dmg from here.  You don't need to install Wwise or anything else cause it is already preinstalled in the dmg.  Make sure you completely delete the old dmg and installation folder first.  Sry for confusion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

@@darkclark Could be the CDLC is corrupt.  Use CFSM to repair it first before trying to convert it again.

• 1 month later...

@@cozy1 I'm having problems launching the app on OSX 10.14.5. I could install the dmg without problems, but when opening I got the famous "Corrupted, please move to trash" notification. Disabling the master protection in spctl gets rid of the message, and I can see the app running in my processes. However, it never visually opens. I let it be like this for over 5 hours, waiting for the UI to pop up, but it doesn't. The app is clearly running and using memory and CPU. Any ideas?

Well, should have turned it off & on again. Works after a full reboot of OSX.

Is there a way to batch-update all cDLC to the latest song version? I couldn't find it.

• Developer

@@Siloxke "Is there a way to batch-update all cDLC to the latest song version?"
Are you asking about updating to the latest song version from Ignition?  You need to manually download any newer song versions from Ignition for now.  Song version auto update is in the works for when the new Ignition comes out.  No idea when that will be.

• Developer

@DixonMeehan  Need a Catalina users with dev skill to help find a compatible Wineskin port that will work with the 32 bit tools.

• Developer

@@lamby

Need you to test on Mac Catalina.  Plz  download and install Rocksmith Tools Launcher app and let me know what kind of errors you get.  Screen shots are best.

Read through the thread for how to disable Mac Gatekeeper if you can't get app to install.  Need you to find a 64 bit Catalina compatible version of Wineskin package that will work with the 32 bit Rocksmith tools.  If you know of any or can do research and testing it would be great. 

Thanks

Same goes for anyone else reading this thread who would like to help.

• 4 weeks later...

@@lamby

Need you to test on Mac Catalina.  Plz  download and install Rocksmith Tools Launcher app and let me know what kind of errors you get.  Screen shots are best.

Read through the thread for how to disable Mac Gatekeeper if you can't get app to install.  Need you to find a 64 bit Catalina compatible version of Wineskin package that will work with the 32 bit Rocksmith tools.  If you know of any or can do research and testing it would be great. 

Thanks

I have no Dev skill whatsoever but I would like you to know my experience.

I downloaded the Rocksmith Tools Launcher, installed got the error message, disabled gatekeeper (did all variants of the solution in terminal), still same error, I uninstalled, deleted the tools launcher, deleted installer, downloaded, and installed again for step #2 and its variants as well.

Uninstalled Tools Launcher, deleted the tools launcher installer, downloaded again, and  installed, disabled SIP, app does not load when opened...

I haven't had luck finding  wineskin for catalina. I did not include screenshots because they are already on this thread...

• Like 1

I have it working on Catalina using Crossover. Not a great solution but it seems to work. So users would need to purchase crossover 19, install .net 4 and the setup exe for the tools and then it should run fine.

This may be the only solution until Wine gets updated to support 32-bit command conversion under Catalina

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test in system with MacOS Catalina

This is the result of Testrun in the Wineskin app - seems that the code of the Launcher has to be recompiled for 64bit

/Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib64/../bin/wine: line 2: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib64/../bin/Rocksmith Tools Launcher867035324Wine: Bad CPU type in executable
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start: 1359
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library mscoree.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe" failed, status c0000135
err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64" failed to start: 1053
err:plugplay:runloop_thread Couldn't open IOHIDManager.
/Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib64/../bin/wine: line 2: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib64/../bin/Rocksmith Tools Launcher867035324Wine: Bad CPU type in executable

• 3 weeks later...

@@lamby

Thanks

Ok. Sorry. I have been busy and forgot about doing this :-( 

First steps:

1) downloaded the Launcher and ran it. I comes up with the "App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened". But I already have the work-around to allow downloaded apps to run, so it is not a permission thing, so I presume macOS thinks there is an error. 

2) Followed instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs) to fix the error

$ sudo xattr -cr /Applications/Rocksmith\ Tools\ Launcher.app

Password:

xattr: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/e::'

xattr: No such file: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/f:

xattr: No such file: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/e:

xattr: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/f::'

xattr: No such file: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/d:

xattr: No such file: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/d::

xattr: No such file: /Applications/Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/Contents/Frameworks/libidn.11.dylib

3) tried running again. It does not get a screen error, but does not open. I have a look a the console and logs but I can't find anything obvious and kind find any obvious filter to use. I had a look in /var/log and /var/log/DiagnosticMessages again, nothing obvious.

4) I will try re-compiling wine 5.x next. 

I will keep you posted. Anything you want me to try? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy