Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac

• Developer
Rocksmith Tools Launcher is compatible with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and below ...

STOP - DO NOT UPGRADE to macOS 10.15 (Catalina), yet - looking for compatibility testers ...

There's a new application for Mac users named Rocksmith Tools Launcher.  The application includes and launches the Mac Wineskin ported versions of:

1. CustomsForge Song Manager (CFSM)
  2. Custom Song Creator for Rocksmith (Rocksmith Toolkit), aka 'the toolkit'
  3. Custom Game Toolkit (CGT)

You can download RocksmithTools.dmg here.

Or Here.

After the download completes, double click on the RocksmithTools.dmg to mount the image.   (For Download Error Workaround ... LOOK HERE

The mounted image will look something like this:

RocksmithTools.png

Drag and drop the Rocksmith Tools Launcher icon onto the Applications shortcut icon to install the application.

Easter Egg: Drag the horizontal slider to the right to view the ReadMe.txt file.

ReadMe.png?width=500&height=351

Eject the RocksmithTools image.  Open the Lauchpad app, or Applications folder and double click the Rocksmith Tools Launcher icon to start the application.  WAIT PATIENTLY  for the application to start up (maybe a couple of minutes the first run so get some coffee).

RSTLauncher.png

Note: Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac is a replacement application for the individual Mac Wineskin ports of these tools.  The new app takes less disk space than the combined individual tools did.   Thanks goes to I)ark_Seph for his past Mac support of the individual tools.

How to use CDLC on Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Mac Version (click me)  Be sure to read and understand Steps 7 and 8.

• Like 4

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Download Error Workaround

Rocksmith Tools Launcher application now has support for macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and below, but the installation may not proceed on some normally configured machines.  If you receive an error that looks like this

Safari_Error.png?width=500&height=209   or thisChrome_Error.png

STEP #1 - DISABLE GATEKEEPER  (How To with Pictures - CLICK HERE)

Gatekeeper was introduced in macOS 10.7.5 and provides users more control over what they install on their Mac.  Most Mac users will want to keep Gatekeeper enabled for security purposes, but some users find that Gatekeeper is overly zealous in preventing third party apps, such as, Rocksmith Tools Launcher, from being installed.
Here's how to install Rocksmith Tools Launcher by turning off Gatekeeper ...
  1. Open the Terminal app from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder, and then enter the following command:
    sudo spctl --master-disable
  2. Hit return and authenticate with an admin password
  3. Open System Preferences and go to “Security & Privacy” and the “General” tab
  4. You will now see the 'Anywhere' option under ‘Allow apps downloaded from:' options.
  5. Select 'Anywhere' before trying to install the 'Rocksmith Tools Launcher' app
You can also restore Gatekeeper from a Terminal window by using the following command:

sudo spctl --master-enable

You can confirm Gatekeeper status from a Terminal window by using the following command:

spctl --status

Try the installation of RocksmithTools.dmg again.  If the installation still fails, then and only then, should you apply additional Step #2 below, before re-trying the complete download and installation again.

STEP #1 (Alternate Method #1) - Terminal Command to Add Exception

In a Terminal window, type command line to allow (add exception for) RocksmithTools.dmg installation:

spctl --add ~/Downloads/RoskmithTools.dmg

STEP #1 (Alternate Method #2) - Terminal Command to Delete Extended Attribute

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/'Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app'

(Must use single quotes around filename.  For additional information see this website)

STEP #1 (Alternate Method #3) - Terminal Command to Clear Extended Attribute

xattr -cr /Applications/'Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app'

(Must use single quotes around filename or drag/drop file to the command line.  For additional information see this video)

STEP #2 - DISABLE SYSTEM INTEGRITY PROTECTION (SIP)

This is how to configure your machine to allow Rocksmith Tools Launcher installation to proceed by modifying the SIP setting.  If you decide to modify the settings, you will be able to install Rocksmith Tools Launcher.

Here's how to install Rocksmith Tools Launcher by turning off System Integrity Protection (SIP) ...

You must boot into the Recovery OS.  You do this by restarting your machine, and holding Command+R until the Apple logo appears.  Then select Terminal from the Utilities menu. It looks like this:

recovery-utilities-terminal.jpg?width=50

In the Terminal window that opens, type 'csrutil disable' and press return. This turns off System Integrity Protection so that Rocksmith Tools Launcher can be installed.

terminal-csrutil-disable.jpg?width=500&h

After Rocksmith Tools Launcher is installed you can re-enable SIP by repeating the above steps. 

In the Terminal window type, 'csrutil enable' and press return. 

NOTE: Your machine is less secure when System Integrity Protection is disabled so it should be re-enabled after the application is installed.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

@eggharbor  'I have been trying every Toolkit possible to work since upgrade to Mohave'

The Mono version of the toolkit is no longer supported.  Be sure you are using 'Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac'

The error message you reference is not from the current toolkit.  Plz post a screen shot of the message if you continue to receive the error.

• Developer

@HotBrewedTea  The Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac on VMware Player with Mac Sierra takes less than a minute to open.  The toolkit will take longer to open than the launcher.  Load times will vary depending on system specs.  You can get some coffee if it is the first time running the launcher apps.  Subsequent loads should be faster.

Thank you Master Peon. I did download the correct toolkit as seen in your screen above. And it opens fine. My issue is I downloaded a bunch of PC CDLC's and need to convert them to Mac but every song I try to convert it gives me that error. I even tried on another computer that Wine is working on. Same issue there.  I have downloaded various CDLC's for years now. Did nothing different. Somehow all the songs are corrupt or something else is the issue.....

I think I found the issue. When downloading song, I originally just dbl clicked the row. I think it downloads without the correct identifier of RS. I tested a new download when pressing the "+" button on the left and downloading from there. I knew it was something stupid. I am not a computer expert but I can recognize when an issue should have a simple solution. Thanks for your help!

• Developer

@eggharbor  This may help

• 2 months later...
  • Developer

@@rockatrubadur Have a look here.

Please provide greater details of what you are trying to do when you receive the error if you need additional help.

I have googled this myself to no help

--------------

Terminal:

Smartmedias-MacBook-Air:~ support$ sudo spctl --master-disable

Password:

support is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

Smartmedias-MacBook-Air:~ support$

One of the suggestions in the google search results: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47806576/username-is-not-in-the-sudoers-file-this-incident-will-be-reported

I type: sudo nano /etc/sudoers

Result:

-----------

Smartmedias-MacBook-Air:~ support$ sudo nano /etc/sudoers

Password:

support is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

Smartmedias-MacBook-Air:~ support$ sudo spctl --master-disable

----------------

I have spent hours trying to fix this with no results

• Developer

Did you do step 2 with an admin password?  Try the other installation workaround methods if you have trouble with the one you are trying.

STEP #1 (Alternate Method #1) - Terminal Command to Add Exception

In a Terminal window, type command line to allow (add exception for) RocksmithTools.dmg installation:

spctl --add ~/Downloads/RoskmithTools.dmg

STEP #1 (Alternate Method #2) - Terminal Command to Remove Attribute

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine 'Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app'

(For additional information see this website)

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning - I have been trying to download the RockSmith Toolkit for Mac repeatedly over the last few days and get nothing but the error about the file being damaged. I attempted the suggested workarounds in the posts above but my terminal continues to tell me "commands not found" when I try to enter them in. I am having no issue at all running the m.pars files in my Rocksmith but would love to be able to access the larger catalog that is available as p.pars files. I am pretty new to Custom Forge and the PC world as I always previously used Rocksmith on Xbox so any help or feedback the community can provide is greatly appreciated. I am running the latest version of Mac iOS Mojave. 

• Like 1

• Developer

@warriorTHANOS  Plz confirm you are an admin and then read this:  http://osxdaily.com/2018/05/24/command-not-found-mac-terminal-error-fix

How to tell if you are admin ...

1. Open the Apple menu.
  2. Select System Preferences.
  3. In the System Preferences window, click on the Accounts icon.
  4. In the list of accounts on the left side of the Accounts window, locate your account.
    • If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this workstation.
    • If the word Standard is there, then you are not an administrator and your account cannot be used to install software or make administrative changes.

Still getting nothing but errors:

Smartmedias-MacBook-Air:~ support$ spctl --add ~/Downloads/RoskmithTools.dmg

/Users/support/Downloads/RoskmithTools.dmg: invalid API object reference

Smartmedias-MacBook-Air:~ support$ xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Rocksmith\ Tools\ Launcher.app/

xattr: No such file: Rocksmith Tools Launcher.app/

• Developer

How to add custom songs on Mac (Have a look here)

Place the customs in the dlc folder. The location is: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  

• It is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to find it is to open Finder, and using the "Go" menu, select "Go To Folder" and paste the location in there. You can then drag the dlc folder to your sidebar to create a permanent link.
  • You can also find the folder by opening Steam and going to your games library and right-clicking on Rocksmith 2014, and choosing "Properties".  Select the "Local Files" tab and click on "Browse Local Files"

For CFSM (Mac Mode) purpose the Rocksmith installation path is:
Z:\Users[username]\Library\Application Support\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014

If anyone had the same problem as me: This worked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs&app=desktop

Edited by Dev (added  instructions from video):
“App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened” or "App is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it the the Trash." error messages in Mac OS Sierra and High Sierra are a common error when you try to install a non-App Store application.

1. Open a Terminal with appropriate privileges (“sudo bash” to make you root on most systems)
  2. Enter the following, substituting “AppName” with the real name of the app: xattr -cr /Applications/AppName.app
  3. Press Enter to run the command.
  • Like 5

I'm having trouble with Song Manager on Mac. It was working great, but I tried to perform a search which didn't return any results, and now it seems to be stuck in a loop. When I start Song Manager, it goes to a grey screen and no songs load, giving the message "Song Manager GUI Activated". If I try to do a Quick Scan, it returns a message "CFSM cleared a saved search that returns no songs ..."

Whenever I open Rocksmith Tools Launcher and click Song Manager, it asks me to install Song Manager for some reason. The default location in the installer is /Program Files (x86) when the current installation of Song Manager is in /Program Files. Not sure if this is connected. Reinstall doesn't fix these issues.

Screenshots:

Screen%20Shot%202019-06-13%20at%202.17.4

Screen%20Shot%202019-06-13%20at%201.46.3

• Developer

@benares  Looks like you downloaded and installed the latest version of CFSM on top of the old Mac RocksmithTools.dmg installation.  You may need to reset the Rocksmith Installation Directory in the CFSM>Settings tabmenu.  While you are in the Settings menu, also make sure that 'Enable Auto Update' is unchecked. 

If the above doesn't fix it, you can try clicking 'Reset CFSM On Closing' button which will restore the defaults.  Let me know if this works.

@benares  Looks like you downloaded and installed the latest version of CFSM on top of the old Mac RocksmithTools.dmg installation.  You may need to reset the Rocksmith Installation Directory in the CFSM>Settings tabmenu.  While you are in the Settings menu, also make sure that 'Enable Auto Update' is unchecked. 

If the above doesn't fix it, you can try clicking 'Reset CFSM On Closing' button which will restore the defaults.  Let me know if this works.

Reset CFSM worked! Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

• Developer

New build of Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac is released and ready for testing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

All I am trying to do is import a cdlc and change the audio to an uncensored version of the track. I import the package and select my new .wem (tried .wav also) under files in the second drop down box below preview. But I click generate and I get "Application. ThreadException met. System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported. ..." Any ideas? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy