Charting and Note Spacing

dalenichol

Question

Hey guys, looking for a little bit of advice here.

I've been trying to make a little foray into creating my own custom songs for Rocksmith but I'm struggling and in need of some advice. When I'm importing the guitar pro tab for whichever file I choose to try, the spaces between the notes seems to be all over the place, regardless of the bpm I've set for the track.

I've watched a couple of videos that have been posted here, but they never seem to have this issue and everything seems to line up fine.

Is it just a case of messing with the bpm until I find something that fits? That gives me another question...what is the best way of determening bpm?

For example, I was trying to make the Biffy Clyro song 'Justboy'. The GP tab has the bpm at 110 (and when played through GP it's fine) but if I set that bpm on EoF, it's way off.

Maybe I'm out of my depth, as Im still only a beginner guitarist anyway, but I'm more than a little confused just now

Personally, I don't add leading silence to my customs until I'm almost done now, rather than messing with the audio file. I just add the silence and then ignore all the warnings about midi and inserting empty measures, and just leave the leading silence completely blank. That way, my measures stay where I put them. It's never been a problem for me in RS2014. I couldn't speak for RS1.

For your timing issues, I still can't help but think something went wrong while you were synching it. Again, do you have the metronome on? Also, are you placing your GPA markers at the peaks of the waveform? I don't know if that's right, but I found that's what works best for me....just sticking it right there in the middle.

<|>

(that's my waveform spike with the marker in the middle, lol) 

Oh, my timing issues are definitely due to syncing. I've obviously just got it a little bit off when I was doing it in GPA. Just need to be more careful is all.

I need to go back to the EOF file and check with the leading silence, see whats happened there. This is all just a learning curve though, and I really appreciate all the help that I've been getting.

Other than that, Rasputin really worked fine.

• Like 1

Yay! I'm really glad to hear you got it working. I haven't been doing this much longer than you have, but I'm pretty much always available if there's anything I can help with. You can even Yahoo message me if you want to, I'm Billkwando there too.

• Like 1

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Yeah, it's really rewarding to have it actually doing something. 

When I first started, I couldn't get anywhere and it just frustrated me to the point of turning it off in a mood.

I'm still have little niggling problems, of course, but that's gonna happen. Just need to have a bit of patience and take time with it. 

I'm off work next week. By then I should be confident enough with this whole process that I can think about making and releasing stuff, with any luck, anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's really rewarding to have it actually doing something. 

When I first started, I couldn't get anywhere and it just frustrated me to the point of turning it off in a mood.

I'm still have little niggling problems, of course, but that's gonna happen. Just need to have a bit of patience and take time with it. 

I'm off work next week. By then I should be confident enough with this whole process that I can think about making and releasing stuff, with any luck, anyway.

Well I made a massive thread of niggling problems in the Help section, and they all got solved, so feel free to hold forth with your issues! ;)

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

There's a definite learning curve -- I had to start my first custom over a couple of times.

@@Billkwando : Thanks for the video. It's not quite the same -- but like I said, since the count-in doesn't always work, it's not a big deal.

On the other hand, I'm trying to wrap my head around that band name: Maximum the Hormone? I'm guessing something got lost in translation. It's Japanese, right? Must be a sex thing.

(My kids have got my reading mangas lately :oops: .)