"file not found error" when trying to convert a cdlc to ddc

so i get this error  when im trying to convert a cdlc to ddc (or add ddc, not sure the proper term). i get it if i try to do a single song or after a few songs convert in a batch. i have the box selected to overwrite the file.

am i doing something wrong?

here is the log...

2019-01-05 18:08:53.5864 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI: v2.9.1.0-b06e2b44 BETA
 RocksmithToolkitLib: v2.9.1.0-b06e2b44 BETA
 RocksmithToolkitUpdater: v2.9.1.0-b06e2b44 BETA
 Dynamic Difficulty Creator: v3.6
 .NET Framework Runtime: v4.0.30319.42000
 JIT: MsX86
 WINE_INSTALLED: False
 MacOSX: False

2019-01-05 18:09:41.1875 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1 

mscorlib
Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
Exception cached:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\cdlc\acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'. Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DDC.DDC.bw_Completed(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\cdlc\acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\cdlc\acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DDC.DDC.bw_Completed(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

• Developer

@Chinolofus  Did you confirm file exists?  Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\cdlc\acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'.  Make sure it is named 'acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc' and not 'ac/dc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'.  That slash in AC/DC is often a valid filename killer.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@Chinolofus  I used the latest version of the toolkit DDC tab menu to add DD to 'acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_p.psarc' and the toolkit produced the expected DD file 'acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'.  I am unable to reproduce the error.  Please provide the complete details of your workflow that produce the error.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@Chinolofus So I used your 'overwrite' workflow and could not reproduce the error on my machine.  Please check that you have full read/write access to both the folder and file:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\cdlc\acdc_dog-eat-dog_v1_0_DD_p.psarc'

Look here for how to check if you have admin privileges (required) and that you have AV white listed the toolkit and support files (required).  This is especially important since you are running on Win10.

Let me know if you figure out the fix.

• Developer

Copy the file to the root 'dlc' folder and try adding DD again.  If this doesn't work then post a link to the file.

tried that and still doesnt work. its not the file since it wont work with any file i try. i guess i solved it enough since i can get it to work without overwriting the file. its just an extra step deleting the original. thanks for your help, you really dont need to waste anymore time on this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy