Converting PC to Mac Issue

Tomlinator

Question

12 answers to this question

I've had that happen a few times. Try running the converter again (or even downloading and converting again). Sometimes that fixes it. Other-times not. 

You may need to sacrifice a goat.

I like chickens for this. And naked virgins. Gotta have those naked virgins.

• Like 1

After downloading PC file, converting it with the Toolkit and updating the App ID, the CDLC shows up in my song list but when after tuning, the note highway shows up and just sits there.  Any ideas if I'm mission a step or something?  Thanks in advance!!

Which one do you try to convert or does it happen with more than one?

Ive downloaded almost 100 CDL's from here and almost 30% fail for me. Sometimes the note highway wont scroll, sometimes it wont even get to the note highway. Not clear why. Sometimes a delete/re-download will work, sometimes not. There has got to be a denominator here, but I am unable to ID it. On almost every track that DOESNT work, I CAN still play in score attack. 

WONT PLAY FOR ME - 

Houses of the Holy

Ramble On

Come Together

Waiting for the Sun

Wonderful World

You can report them in the thread and maybe the contributor repacks it with the latest version of the toolkit, which might fix it.

If you can play score attack this could be a problem with the showlights. I'd report any issue because if you don't and the contributor tests his customs only on pc he's not aware of that.

Yes, make sure your toolkit is updated to the latest version.  The layout of the app is a little off (at least on a Retina Macbook), but if you point the mouse at the upper right corner of the app, just below the menu, you'll see it changes colour a little and you can click on it.  That will bring up a little pop-up to tell you if there's an update available.

The current version (released 2014-07-08) is 2.6.1.0 - eda5f722

Now, here's the problem... the app will appear to download an update, but it won't actually install anything (or at least not that I can tell). Just keep going through the process and clicking update, and usually after 3-4 tries it will actually download and install the update.

You can tell if it was successful by looking at the version number in the title bar.

@@JStar_98... I'm not sure how much help you need, since your question isn't very specific.  So I'll give as much detail as I can, and please forgive me if I list things you already know how to do.

All of the cDLC here is posted on file sharing services such as Dropbox, Google Docs, etc.  

Go to this link:  http://search.customsforge.com   and find the cDLC you want to download.

Click on the "DL" link (downwards arrow pointing to a tray) and that will open the forum page where the cDLC is listed.

Scroll down to the bottom of the song information, and you will see the sections "Release Notes" and "Download Link"

If the charter has posted a Mac version there is sometimes a separate link in the "Release Notes" section.  Otherwise, click "Download Link" and that will take you to the file service hosting the file.  Depending on the filehost, it will either automatically download the file, or give you a download button to push.  Some charters who use Dropbox will have Mac and PC (and PS3/Xbox) versions hosted.  Simply find the Mac version (ends in "_m.psarc") and download that.  The default folder for Mac downloads is the "Downloads" folder.

If there is no Mac version, simply download the PC version (ends in "_p.psarc") and use the Toolkit to convert it.  Open the Toolkit, go to the Converter tab, and set the correct settings.  Source is "PC", target is "Mac".  Use the default Cherub Rock AppID, unless you downloaded a different official DLC, and if so use that AppID.  Click "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to your Downloads folder and find the file.

It usually takes 15-30 seconds to convert a file.  If it hangs for more than 2 minutes that means that the file won't convert.  Force Quit the app using the main Apple Menu (Apple icon in the top left corner of your task bar) to quit if it hangs.

After successful conversion or download (if you started with the Mac version) copy the file to your Rocksmith DLC folder ("/Users/[yourusernamehere]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc") and load the game by opening Steam (don't start Rocksmith) and launching the RSInjector app.

Steam and Rocksmith MUST be installed into the default directory, or RSInjector will not be able to locate and launch Rocksmith.

Lastly, say goodbye to your free time and other hobbies.  You won't be seeing either for a little while   :P

• Like 4

Yes, make sure your toolkit is updated to the latest version.  The layout of the app is a little off (at least on a Retina Macbook), but if you point the mouse at the upper right corner of the app, just below the menu, you'll see it changes colour a little and you can click on it.  That will bring up a little pop-up to tell you if there's an update available.

The current version (released 2014-07-08) is 2.6.1.0 - eda5f722

Now, here's the problem... the app will appear to download an update, but it won't actually install anything (or at least not that I can tell). Just keep going through the process and clicking update, and usually after 3-4 tries it will actually download and install the update.

You can tell if it was successful by looking at the version number in the title bar.

@@JStar_98... I'm not sure how much help you need, since your question isn't very specific.  So I'll give as much detail as I can, and please forgive me if I list things you already know how to do.

All of the cDLC here is posted on file sharing services such as Dropbox, Google Docs, etc.  

Go to this link:  http://search.customsforge.com   and find the cDLC you want to download.

Click on the "DL" link (downwards arrow pointing to a tray) and that will open the forum page where the cDLC is listed.

Scroll down to the bottom of the song information, and you will see the sections "Release Notes" and "Download Link"

If the charter has posted a Mac version there is sometimes a separate link in the "Release Notes" section.  Otherwise, click "Download Link" and that will take you to the file service hosting the file.  Depending on the filehost, it will either automatically download the file, or give you a download button to push.  Some charters who use Dropbox will have Mac and PC (and PS3/Xbox) versions hosted.  Simply find the Mac version (ends in "_m.psarc") and download that.  The default folder for Mac downloads is the "Downloads" folder.

If there is no Mac version, simply download the PC version (ends in "_p.psarc") and use the Toolkit to convert it.  Open the Toolkit, go to the Converter tab, and set the correct settings.  Source is "PC", target is "Mac".  Use the default Cherub Rock AppID, unless you downloaded a different official DLC, and if so use that AppID.  Click "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to your Downloads folder and find the file.

It usually takes 15-30 seconds to convert a file.  If it hangs for more than 2 minutes that means that the file won't convert.  Force Quit the app using the main Apple Menu (Apple icon in the top left corner of your task bar) to quit if it hangs.

After successful conversion or download (if you started with the Mac version) copy the file to your Rocksmith DLC folder ("/Users/[yourusernamehere]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc") and load the game by opening Steam (don't start Rocksmith) and launching the RSInjector app.

Steam and Rocksmith MUST be installed into the default directory, or RSInjector will not be able to locate and launch Rocksmith.

Lastly, say goodbye to your free time and other hobbies.  You won't be seeing either for a little while   :P

Hey Weeple, For the last part of your description what do you can by load the game by opening steam but not starting Rocksmith?

What I mean is, you don't start Rocksmith as you would to play normally.  

So, instead of opening Steam and starting Rocksmith through Steam, you just open Steam and then run RSInjector.  RSInjector will open Rocksmith for you.  This will allow you to use the cDLC.

• Like 1

So, instead of opening Steam and starting Rocksmith through Steam, you just open Steam and then run RSInjector.  RSInjector will open Rocksmith for you.  This will allow you to use the cDLC.

Wepeel, if some songs have only PC how do i convert it so that it is MAC? And are there underlying or continuous problems that i need to know about so that the game runs smoothly and with no problems

Wepeel, if some songs have only PC how do i convert it so that it is MAC? And are there underlying or continuous problems that i need to know about so that the game runs smoothly and with no problems

The instructions for converting are in my above post.  As for problems, I don't seem to run into nearly as many as some other people.  

Here's some tips:

• Keep a backup of your RSInjector app and all of your customs in a separate folder.  Make sure you run Steam in online mode (connected to the internet) so that it can back up your save files and Ubisoft profile.
  • Always exit the game by going to the main menu and clicking the "X" in the top right corner.  Don't Command-Q.
  • Make sure you wait until the Auto-save operation is complete before exiting the game.  You will see the auto-save icon (spinning reel-to-reel tape machine) on the right side near the middle of the screen when you go back to the main menu.
  • Always read the comments posted by other users before you download any songs.  Take note of any issues they comment on.  Also, avoid anything that has comments like "missing custom tone".  Those will crash the game and corrupt your save file.
  • Read through this thread and avoid using any customs that are still listed as having problems: http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/
  • Don't add a large number of customs to your dlc folder all at once.  Add them a few a time and make sure they all work.  Sometimes it's hit and miss with customs as to whether they'll have problems or not.  You can redownload or re-convert them to see if it fixes the problem, or notify the charter of any issues you come across.
  • Until you have a grasp on the "in's and out's" of customs, I would suggest you limit the total overall number of customs you keep in your dlc folder altogether.  If you're just learning guitar it will help to keep you from getting overwhelmed by a large number of songs to try as well.  I suggest sticking to 20 or so songs at a time.  You can move them in and out of the dlc folder and keep your progress inside the game.
  • There are a few customs posted where there is 2 or more versions of the same song.  Avoid putting them in the dlc folder at the same time as it will crash the game.  If you want to try a different version of the same song, exit the game, remove the first version from your dlc folder, and then add the other version.

That's all I can think of for now.  If I think of anything else I'll update this post.

• Like 1