Multiple files available, which do I chose?

xBlade13710x

Question

I'm new here. Just got rocksmith and have been following the basics to get songs. The issue I'm having is when I go to download certain songs, there are 4 or sometimes 8 files to pick from. Do I download m.psarc or p.psarc? I can tell the others are for consoles so I don't need them, but I don't know the difference between these two. Thanks for any help in advance! ^-^

8 answers to this question

Hi,

Some songs have the note that they have a mac version, but when I click add I get redirected to a page that just has the pc version.  Ideas on how to get the mac version?

C

Read authors notes, they probably put the mac link in there.

Thx.  I still don't see it.  It's you shook me all night long acdc.  I am probably just being obtuse

Mandarb77, Not all songs, in fact many are not transcribed for the Mac. This is the case for "You Shook me all night long" It is only available for the Windows Operating System at this time. I have both a Mac and a PC. I use the Mac for travel and have significantly fewer songs on it.

Mandarb77, Not all songs, in fact many are not transcribed for the Mac. This is the case for "You Shook me all night long" It is only available for the Windows Operating System at this time. I have both a Mac and a PC. I use the Mac for travel and have significantly fewer songs on it.

Bummer,  I thought one of the listings showed mac which is why I thought I was lost.   Appreciate the feedback. There are plenty of great songs to earn.

Weird, that old one says it's for every platform but only has link for PC. According to the comments its not a good chart either.

I'll convert the newest one I can find to mac since it's PC only.

https://mega.nz/#!F4ZkAA4J!RZulrR52WOkl9LCQnNwBQ_RgxuuW7T04v0dG9dkbP4M

It's nothing about transcriptions...they just didn't make the file for mac. You could download the rstoolkit and vwise on your windows computer. It takes seconds to convert a p.psarc to an m.psarc and you can have the same library on both computers.