Beginner: @@alexgagi
Intermediate: @@diceslinger

Advanced: @@meelo
Masterclass: @Poutzy

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:  Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? (3) (chosen by @@Toni-Wan Kenobi)

Intermediate: Leprous - The Cloak (4) (chosen by @Gamut)

Advanced: Amorphis - Brother and Sister (7) (D Standard) (chosen by @@Anwyn )

Masterclass: HeXeN - Desolate Horizons (9) (Eb Standard) (chosen by @Desolation)

GoG : The gods rest... for now...

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? (2)
Intermediate: Leprous - The Cloak (4) 
Advanced: Amorphis - Brother and Sister (6) (D Standard) 

Masterclass: HeXeN - Desolate Horizons (8) (Eb Standard)

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? (2)
Intermediate: Leprous - The Cloak (4) 
Advanced: Amorphis - Brother and Sister (6) (D Standard) 

Masterclass: HeXeN - Desolate Horizons (9) (Eb Standard) 

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Exercise Challenges:

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths
3rd Exercise: Blues Comping 3 in G major (funky)
4rd Exercise: Blues Comping 4 in E major (shuffle)
5th Exercise: Blues Comping 5 in E major (dirty Texas Blues style, shuffle) (more challenging lead guitar (adv), rhythm and bass more intermediate with a real audio track (no GP RSA converted)

Everyone can bring up new scores that will be added to the exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Rock On!

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I personally think beginner rhythm is harder than beginner lead. Difficulty 2 for lead and 3 for rhythm. Just need to swapped the raitings around  :) Purely for the slides in Rhythm. Also a quick question for anyone able to answer …. How do you play open string harmonics? Is it the same as pinch harmonics, but on the pickups not the frets? 

https://imgur.com/a/rZkVAew

Photobucket is a piece of shit!!

Hi, is it at all possible to have an alternate arrangement for Leprous - The Cloak? My intonation is bad as it is in E standard, I don't even want to think about D drop C

I'm with Blejusca on this one. It takes me at least ten minutes just to down tune to Eb from E, because my strings are still being broken in. Same as my Bass strings. 

• Like 1

Little did I know, there are two versions of Do I wanna know. when I was submitting this song, I had ZZleeZZ charter. I've now played both an I prefer zzleezz's version...... to the one in the link that re-directs us to the download.

So I'm gonna be playing the copy I had first, as it's the one I submitted, not the one linked to this topic. 

I understand your point but the version you are talking about is easier than the one linked above.

To be fair, everyone should be playing the same version...

Little did I know, there are two versions of Do I wanna know. when I was submitting this song, I had ZZleeZZ charter. I've now played both an I prefer zzleezz's version...... to the one in the link that re-directs us to the download.

So I'm gonna be playing the copy I had first, as it's the one I submitted, not the one linked to this topic. 

I understand your point but the version you are talking about is easier than the one linked above.

Exactly, it's easier, it's a proper beginner song. That's why I submitted the song, I'm comfortable with it, unlike most of the so called beginner songs which to me should be intermediate. So yes, I'm gonna choose the easier version that I submitted. If I didn't submit this song, then I wouldn't think nothing of it.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Exactly, it's easier, it's a proper beginner song. That's why I submitted the song, I'm comfortable with it, unlike most of the so called beginner songs which to me should be intermediate. So yes, I'm gonna choose the easier version that I submitted. If I didn't submit this song, then I wouldn't think nothing of it.

I think the problem with the easier version is that it's less accurate than the other available version and organizers are (rightfully so) usually opting to go with the more accurate versions.

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

My vote is for the accurate one.  The sword axe is sharpened against the stone.

I tried both versions and while the harder and longer one is more accurate the old easier one might be better for beginners.  Those slides at the end are a bit tricky.

So what version do you guys wanna play?

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Might as well post these. Actually had better run in the LAS, but I paused to see the slide patterns and rewound it back to the beginning of the solo, so that doesn't count.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week269/lead/b01.png
http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week269/lead/b02.png

Just watched a couple of live shows of arctic monkeys playing do i wanna know. Alex turner is not doing those slides towards the end of the song....

And I vote for the version I submitted. As it's my own submission..... 

This is going slightly out of hand, but in the AM-album Alex Turner didn't really want to play guitar, so Jamie Cook is mostly the lead guitarist there (at least according to quick googling)

Just watched a couple of live shows of arctic monkeys playing do i wanna know. Alex turner is not doing those slides towards the end of the song....

And I vote for the version I submitted. As it's my own submission..... 

This is going slightly out of hand, but in the AM-album Alex Turner didn't really want to play guitar, so Jamie Cook is mostly the lead guitarist there (at least according to quick googling)

I think you are right mate, wiki states Jamie Cook is the lead, so the live shows where Alex seems to play Rhythm, is why I saw no slides. 

I tried both, The easier one feels incomplete after playing the other one.  I worry that the easier one won't be as good of competition, the high scores will be separated by tenths of percent if not high scores.  I personally don't enjoy those weeks as well.  I feel like I learn more trying to master techniques rather than trying to get a perfect run to fall into place.  

WrzwOe3.jpg

WnzBEx0.jpg

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet