Can I convert original Rocksmith dlc to work in 2014 with import tool?

rigby2222

Question

I have Rocksmith 2014, 2012  and the disk import tool on my mac computer. The on disk Rocksmith songs loaded into the game.   I have downloaded some custom Rocksmith 2012 dlc can I convert it with the Rocksmith custom toolkit to work on my mac like I have done with Rocksmith 2014 custom? Do I have to have a purchased Rocksmith 2012 dlc on my mac as I have some purchased Rocksmith 2014 Dlc on there.  Where would I place the converted 2012 dlc on my mac as they are .dat files Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

The RS1 cdlcs (.dats) needed to be converted into RS2014 format (psarc) before they can be used in Rocksmith 2014. I was under the impression that RS1 doesn't work on the Mac at all?

You can convert the .dats yourself, just follow the tutorials, although I believe you'll need a PC to run some of the software for doing this.

• Like 1

How does the disk import tool work then  It converts the files from Rocksmith 1 game dowload to 2014 even on a mac.  Is that done through steam is that why it can be done on a mac?

I suspect the disc import "tool" just tells Steam to download a prepared package to your hard drive. My guess is the conversion was done by Ubisoft.

• Administrator

RS1 DLC and On disc songs from the import tool are already converted by Ubisoft (and heavily modified compare to their RS1 version). You just need to own them to have them available in RS2014.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

RS1 DLC and On disc songs from the import tool are already converted by Ubisoft (and heavily modified compare to their RS1 version). You just need to own them to have them available in RS2014.

Thanks but my question is a bit different

I got some dlc .dat files that i have downloaded

I did purchased RS1 + RS2014 + Disk import tool

But the dlc i have downloaded is from a torrent and its .dat files i want to convert them and play them is if they were cdlc

So can i in some way convert .dat to psarc without ubisoft ?

Thanks again

Ben 

• Administrator

@@BenSalem What you say is really looking you are trying to pirate ODLC from RS1 (that can be played on RS2014 if you own them on steam) so i can't help you and if my suspicion are confirmed you will get ban and have no access to all the CDLC that are available here.

I would seriously think twice about what you are saying now and i strongly suggest you to read the rule carefully.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity