Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 268

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Well, I tried to push Toni down the cliff score list, but he was just a tiny bit too heavy good.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week268/bass/m03.png

And I wanted to give this one a better try, failed to hit three notes at the last two phrases  <_<  One could say I got a bit numb.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week268/bass/i02.png

Time to fluke that metallica solo! @@ponchoko wish me luck!

• Like 4

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

Thanks @@ponchoko, that helped!

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week268/lead/a09.png

Streak could be better if I didn't forget to retune E, A and D strings after previous attempt, when I realised the low strings are a bit out of tune and that made me get random misses.

• Like 2

Last update, I think.

Good first half. then came the solo and then couple of silly mistakes after the solo.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week268/rhythm/a09.png

• Like 1

I've hit a wall.. I can't seem to improve at all.. I feel like I"m playing it better, but I'm just not seeing the score go up as a result. Every attempt has been in the 88% range. Either it's a note recognition thing or my fingers just seem to tire out by the end of the song.. A 12 minute Jimmy page solo will do that..  oh well.. I'll keep trying again next week..

GH3fiL3.jpg

Hi u All!

https://slack-files.com/TEV06SA1G-FEWC1GF1C-46f7efff6a

This is my performance at song Confortably Numb, intermediate bass

Goodbye!

Welcome on board !

You can post your score for the different songs and categories during the whole week.

You can access the leaderboard to check the current scores for all the players on the different songs.

In the end, you really compete for your level on each of the category (lead, rhythm and bass) and depending on your level, you may be promoted or demoted but you can still play any song you want, just not compete ;)

• Like 2

Thanks but if @@pedropmf is competing in INT Bass, the victory is his.

He is new here and he may belong to another category or not... We'll see and we may both have someone to chase ;)

Holy moly!  Nice run!  My hats off to you!  I think you won this week!

Sorry @@diceslinger, I hate to do that to you

Tx! So the victory is mine (until now, rsrsrs)?  This is the first chalenge i participate in this forum...u all are nice, guys!

• Like 1

Not yet ;)

Winners are announced at the beginning of the following week.

Your score is pretty good. If you get it after just a few tries, you may belong to advanced bass. Have you tried to play Seek and destroy ?

Tx! So the victory is mine?  This is the first chalenge i participate in this forum...u all are nice, guys!

@@pedropmf like Bounours suggested, you might want to try playing the Metallica Seek and Destroy. I don't think the new week starts in the next couple of hours.

• Like 1

@@pedropmf like Bounours suggested, you might want to try playing the Metallica Seek and Destroy. I don't think the new week starts in the next couple of hours.

So

Not yet ;)

Winners are announced at the beginning of the following week.

Your score is pretty good. If you get it after just a few tries, you may belong to advanced bass. Have you tried to play Seek and destroy ?

Tx! So the victory is mine?  This is the first chalenge i participate in this forum...u all are nice, guys!

Ok, i understood. I have tried to play this advanced bass song, but im far from the first place on this arragement...

Here is...

https://slack-files.com/TEV06SA1G-FEW2FPWRM-c2912773c3

• Like 2

Ok, i understood. I have tried to play this advanced bass song, but im far from the first place on this arragement...

Here is...

https://slack-files.com/TEV06SA1G-FEW2FPWRM-c2912773c3

Yeah, I reckon you'll have more competition in the advanced bass class than in intermediate (and that's a good thing), but ultimately it's up to you where you want to be initially placed.

And if that was your first attempt at advanced bass, you definitely are not too far from the current first place holder (me) or the second place holder (toni). You are currently third.

So up to you, do you want to be placed in intermediate or advanced?

There is little more disruptive to the Championship than a bored FreeBird.  So while waiting for next week's tracks to be announced, I shall entertain the Championship participants and FreeBird Police with my under-rehearsed rendition of the ultimate bass player Christmas song - Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses.  Yes, I post this every year and will likely do so until I am given a better suggestion.  This will take some more practice to be respectable, but there are still 9 shopping days until Christmas.

Happy Holidays FreeBird Police.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)