Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 260

Rodman

After some time in RR this does not feel that hard anymore.  I might have been a little hard on the rating.   But it will be fun to have a easy week in MC.   Its usually not.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/The%20gutter%209553_zpsffvwngsz.jpg

and some rhythm

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/The%20gutter%20Rhythm%209822_zpsavfwhefo.jpg

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

So this 12th fret B note is bugged pretty much every time in the phases after the last break. Riff repeater won't even accept it if I play just 12th fret B during the phases. Tried to play the note from high E string 7th fret, 12th fret B string and 16th fret G string. Same result. It works just fine on the phases before the last break.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week260/lead/wtf.png

Anyone else having this issue?

edit: more test results

These phases are numbered after the last break. Just counting bugged B notes. Payed alone by picking instead of hammer on.

1st phase: 2/4 broken

2nd phase: 4/4 broken

3rd phase: 0/4 broken

4th phase: 3/4 broken

5th phase: 3/4 broken

6th phase: 1/4 broken

7th phase: 2/4 broken

8th phase: 0/4 broken

9th phase: 0/4 broken

Edit2: meh, I'm not entirely sure what I'm complaining about anymore :lol:

Played full song in riff repeater. 13 misses out of which 2 are screw ups. Rest of them are B-gones. probably. Song has 315 notes/strums according to riff repeater. (315 - 13) / 315 = 95,87 %, which is same as my first score attack score.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week260/lead/misses.png

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

@@Rodman - Thanks, it's good to have some time to play!

Got some new strings today and what a difference.  I can't believe how screwed the old ones were.  Even had a go at the intermediate.

Not very successfully as either my fingers are too fat or my technique is crap (alright, I know it's the later) and I was muting the A string with my middle finger.  Anyone got any tips, other than "get better"?

Anyway, better score on beginners Lead

Beg Lead - 98.45% 
Streak - 217
Score - 626,990

real_gone_lead2.jpg

• Like 2

Pffftt!  I blew through all of the other warning signs, is it any surprise I missed that one?  It's ok, my son assured me he already knew most of the bad words.   :unsure:   lol

2) thats why it starts with the lyric hint: "WARNING - VERY EXPLICIT LYRICS" ;)

Somebody call the FreeBird Police

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Yo, I'm confused. After 4 weeks, now week 5. How have I only got 1 point in Beg lead none in int  and none altogether in Rhythm? Has my Percentage really been that bad in comparison to all the other 'beginners'.

Maybe I'm just not understanding the pts system. Can you explain?

Cheers, Tony. 

You get 10 points if you win your league. 5 points for second place. 3 points for third place. 1 point for 4th place. 0 points for 5th and lower.

You can also get points for your effort in upper classes, if you happen to get 1st - 4th place in those classes.

Your best placement at the moment is 5th place from week 255 at intermediate class of rhythm league. You  had 4th place in beginner rhythm last week, but that doesn't count since you were placed into intermediate class. You can ask to be moved down to beginner class, if you feel like that's where you belong for the time being :)

edit:

Also there are two extra points available regardless of your end placement. 1 extra point if you complete the song in master mode. 1 extra point if you score 100 % in the song (hard mode is enough).

@@Toni-Wan Kenobi - don't forget that there's FreeBird too - kind of like a RS cross between Tyler Durden and Peter Pan's lost boys.  We play what we want. Better yet we don't play what we don't want.  And we occasionally deposit steaming piles in the Master Class tree houses. 

FB will keep you working on a couple of new songs a week.  When you want to jump back into competition, you just say so and go back to your previous class.

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@Toni-Wan Kenobi - Rules: 10 last weeks places 1-4 (10/5/3/1 Pts) + 1 Extra Point MM, and for 100% scored as already explained by the @@meelo

As a organizer i must say - stay away from those freebirds - dangerous species in and out: they make you not compete cause it doesn´t matter anyway. We have seen players join the fb squad, fail and be never seen again!!! There is only one absolute master who does not only know how to resonate dogbowls, no he plays cat and mouse with the fb police coming back unexpectedly at any class, any difficulty at unexpected moments for years - if you read the name @@2groggy - stop reading, move on ;) ;) ;)

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@Toni-Wan Kenobi - for the Beg/Int difficulty ....... well, i think nowadays we manage to rate songs quite accurately most of the time as we all have done for many years now, and luckywise in almost any case the diff vote comes from more than 1 source. Still there is a broad variety in beginner difficulty as that covers rates 1-3. Plus, and that may be most important - especially at the beginning of ones guitar journey it is extremely individual what techniques one feels more comfortable with which reflects easyness - for example single note melody patterns, even not very slow where much easier for me in the beginning than that awful open chords, which for most players who have learnt guitar once with a teacher years ago will probably not apply. Plus in general the song must be rated by its hardest part - for example if we have a song with an easy strumming pattern variation all through lets say diff 4 and then comes the 30 second absolute masterclass+ solo diff 10 - its a 10 and thus GoG, not a good one to choose maybe, but its GoG cause a Int/Adv Player will be let´s say demotivated in that situation. So the intra-song-difficulty variety is also be taken into account and just comparing the same players scores from 2 classes might be tempting but misleading.

I´ve put you into Rhy Beg now - if thats ok, so you are LBeg, RBeg, BAdv now and for sure will climb up the leaderboard quickly!

Rock!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@Toni-Wan Kenobi - for the Beg/Int difficulty ....... well, i think nowadays we manage to rate songs quite accurately most of the time as we all have done for many years now, and luckywise in almost any case the diff vote comes from more than 1 source. Still there is a broad variety in beginner difficulty as that covers rates 1-3. Plus, and that may be most important - especially at the beginning of ones guitar journey it is extremely individual what techniques one feels more comfortable with which reflects easyness - for example single note melody patterns, even not very slow where much easier for me in the beginning than that awful open chords, which for most players who have learnt guitar once with a teacher years ago will probably not apply. Plus in general the song must be rated by its hardest part - for example if we have a song with an easy strumming pattern variation all through lets say diff 4 and then comes the 30 second absolute masterclass+ solo diff 10 - its a 10 and thus GoG, not a good one to choose maybe, but its GoG cause a Int/Adv Player will be let´s say demotivated in that situation. So the intra-song-difficulty variety is also be taken into account and just comparing the same players scores from 2 classes might be tempting but misleading.

I´ve put you into Rhy Beg now - if thats ok, so you are LBeg, RBeg, BAdv now and for sure will climb up the leaderboard quickly!

Rock!

Hey man thanks for the detailed explanation of these things.

I will say, FB does sound tempting. Though I will keep as I am for now! I like trying to play every song, no matter what the song is, there is usually always something new to learn from it. However, I will pass on any down tuning as my guitar strings are still fairly new and still take multiple re-tunings, If I stray away from E std. 

Thank you for down grading me to Beginner, I'm certain that's where I should be for Lead & Rhythm. Just got lucky with the song selections once or twice. But if I get a streak of the high 90% then by all means, bump me up it's the fair thing to do.  And understandably Advance for Bass, which I'm pretty happy about, wasn't really expecting to be in that class, no doubt I'll be bumped up to master class in a few weeks. Then back down to advance lol  :lol: 

I'm glad I joined the RS champs, It's a fun thing to do, while trying to improve our skills aswell as trying more difficult songs, we probably wouldn't attempt playing on our lonesome in Learn a song. Also the community here is great, such a helpful friendly bunch!

Also soon gonna look at adding songs to the selection list. I assume they already have to be songs that have been charted? 

Cheers, Tony!

• Like 4

Moving on up a little after a bit of RR. Still, wanna have fun is a challenge on lead.

Lq7TLa.jpg

jlYGLl.jpg

Bigger improvement.
ZeffkR.jpg

I feel bad for slamming the song Real Gone, I'm kind of digging it now. I wouldn't add it to my record collection though.
I'm really struggling to match the tempo to this song, not finding myself hitting as many perfects as I'd like to.

SMSdHi.jpg

zrHhwO.jpg

• Like 2

Bass was fun this week

I think I got 100 % on first go as well, but game froze before kill score screen, so I had to play it again. The bass line and the rhythm track are actually reasonably decent. As long as those are the only things you hear, it's almost bearable.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week260/bass/b01.png

@@Rodman & @@diceslinger: The warning text doesn't work if you only play the song in Score Attack :lol:

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week260/bass/i02.png

Surprisingly fun to play. First and second tries were 2 notes away from perfect. Third one was a note away. Intermediate felt slightly harder than this.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week260/bass/a04.png

This needs some work.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week260/bass/m01.png

• Like 2

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

I found a few videos of Sheryl Crow playing Real Gone and while I'm pretty sure she plays the rhythm part, she has a capo on the 2nd fret.  It looks a much easier progression with like an Am C D Am C G fingering.

Sorry this song isn't getting more love, I thought it was pretty similar to Irreversal from week 252, Tommy Gun, even Louie Louie does the chords up and down the neck the same way.  Maybe the secret is to say "I am speed!" before you play it, like I do :)  And play it 16 time with your kids singing it at the top of their lungs every time :)

I'm also curious, I think of this as a modern southern rock song from a lyrical point of view.  I take that for granted living in the US, how does it catch you ladies and gentlemen from other countries? Does it make any sense to you, or evoke anything?  

beginner lead - not sure if i paly that again. My poor handwrists :)

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet