I removed every file from dlc folder and they still show up in game?

Sinkies

Question

Rocksmith was running fine before I rebooted my pc. Downloaded Steam>RS2014>Cherub Rock dlc off steam.

Downloaded a bunch of cdlc that I had previously before reboot.

None work.

Turns out the D3D file was blocked by Windows. Opened D3D file's Properties, unblocked it.

Now only one CDLC shows up along with Cherub rock.

Checked my CDLC songs properties and lo-and-behold they're all blocked too (Windows blocked them because they came from a different computer, but I got them from CustomsForge...)

Still only one CDLC + Cherub Rock showing up

Restart pc.

Still not showing the rest.

Took all files in cdlc folder out and placed them in a new folder on desktop.

Ran RS2014 and again lo-and-behold one dlc AND Cherub rock are still on the songs list.

Am I going crazy or are the dlc's stored somewhere else other than the cdlc folder inside RS2014 inside Steam directory?

1 answer to this question

Actually I'm not going crazy. I don't really know why but there are 2 installs of RS2014 somewhere in my Steam folder, both with similar contents, both with a DLC folder.

Nuts.

And as I guessed only one of the install directories has a dlc folder with Cherub rock + that one other dlc song.

Hope this helps anyone and I'd be happy to format my findings if anyone wants to append this to an FAQ

• Like 2