Custom Game Toolkit INLAY not working

Hello guys,

So I tried downloading the Custom Game Toolkit for Rocksmith, because the program allows you to create a guitar INLAY that displays all the NOTES of the fretboard when playing songs.

I tried following the instructions of the following link: https://sites.google.com/site/cozy1cgi/tutorial-1

Unfortunately after downloading the Custom Game Toolkit and following the steps to create the special inlay mentioned in the tutorial of the link I posted above, the Custom Game Toolkit's created inlay DOES NOT show up in the game. In fact, now the game doesn't even ALLOW me to change the inlays. When I go to the Inlays option, the game doesn't allow me to change the inlays.

• Developer

What version of CGT are you using?    Use only the latest version 2.1.3.

1)  Remove the inlay that you created from the game so that you can select other inlays in the game.

2)  Open the 'dlc' folder and the 'inlay' subfoder and delete any *inlay*.psarc files you find.

3)  Is the Rocksmith inlay available in game?  Was it ever available?  If not keep playing till you earn the Rocksmith inlay.  Does the Rocksmith inlay work again?

4)  Regenerate the 24 fret notes inlay template that is included with CGT.

5)  CGT will automatically put the inlay psarc file into the 'dlc/inlay' folder.

6)  Start the game and select the 24 notes inlay from the menu.

7)  Play any song that you have played before and check the inlay function.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

What version of CGT are you using?    Use only the latest version 2.1.3.

1)  Remove the inlay that you created from the game so that you can select other inlays in the game.

2)  Open the 'dlc' folder and the 'inlay' subfoder and delete any *inlay*.psarc files you find.

2)  Is the Rocksmith inlay available in game?  Was it ever available?  If not keep playing till you earn the Rocksmith inlay.  Does the Rocksmith inlay work again?

3)  Regenerate the 24 fret notes inlay template that is included with CGT.

4)  CGT will automatically put the inlay psarc file into the 'dlc/inlay' folder.

5)  Start the game and select the 24 notes inlay from the menu.

6)  Play any song that you have played before and check the inlay function.

1. Yes, Im using 2.1.3

2. Done

3. What exactly is the "Rocksmith Inlay"? Do you NEED to have this Inlay in order for the custom inlay to work?

4. "24 fret notes inlay"? I thought you had to use this one: "Fret_Notes_Cozy1.cgm". At least that's what it says in the tutorial: https://sites.google.com/site/cozy1cgi/tutorial-1

• Developer

@@lokariototal
The Rocksmith Inlay is the fist inlay reward that is given in the game usually after you play a couple of songs all the way through.  You don't have to play perfectly, just keep playing all the way.   Once you have earned this official inlay you will be able to use other custom inlays.

You can build either Fret_Notes_Cozy1.cgm or Fret_Notes_24_Cozy1.cgm it doesn't matter.  The first cover 18 frets and the second, well, it covers 24 frets.  Your choice.  BTW I wrote the tutorial.  Just make sure you end up creating a *.psarc file.  If all goes well you will be able to select it in the game from the same place you choose the Rocksmith Inlay.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@lokariototal

The Rocksmith Inlay is the fist inlay reward that is given in the game usually after you play a couple of songs all the way through.  You don't have to play perfectly, just keep playing all the way.   Once you have earned this official inlay you will be able to use other custom inlays.

You can build either Fret_Notes_Cozy1.cgm or Fret_Notes_24_Cozy1.cgm it doesn't matter.  The first cover 18 frets and the second, well, it covers 24 frets.  Your choice.  BTW I wrote the tutorial.  Just make sure you end up creating a *.psarc file.  If all goes well you will be able to select it in the game from the same place you choose the Rocksmith Inlay.

Hello,

I tried again. Still not working. The only thing that happens is that when I go to the inlay options, the choices are "stuck". The game can "see" the custom 24 cozy1 inlay, and it is indeed "selected" but it doesn't really show in the game AND I cannot even change it if I wanted. Like I said earlier, the choices are "stuck" 

• Developer

So you have the Rocksmith inlay and you can use it?  Until you can you are stuck.  Search the forums on keyword 'inlays'.  This thread is a MUST READ.  I'm sure there is something there that may help.

• Like 1

So you have the Rocksmith inlay and you can use it?  Until you can you are stuck.  Search the forums on keyword 'inlays'.  This thread is a MUST READ.  I'm sure there is something there that may help.

What is the rocksmith inlay? Can you post a picture of it??? I dont know if I have it or not

• Developer

Hello,

I just checked, and YES, I actually DO have the rocksmith inlay.

Perhaps the problem is I haven't created the Inlay .psarc file well with the toolkit? I have a 21 fret guitar, can you send me the file via e-mail? I could just add it in the inlays folder which is inside the cdlc folder...

• Developer

• Developer

So you have the Rocksmith inlay.  Can you use it in the game?  Well can you?   

I can not help you further until you answer this one simple question.

• Developer

Ok, so now that we know the official Rocksmith inlay is working in-game:

1)  Remove any inlay files (*_p.psarc) that you find from the 'dlc' folder and/or 'inlays' subfolders. 

2)  Watch the custom inlays video tutorial found here from timestamp 8:37 through 11:35

3)  Run CGT.  Select your 'Rocksmith 2014 Application Path' using the 'Select' button.  Make sure you choose the root folder of the Rocksmith application where the 'dlc' folder is located.

4)  Use CGT 'Open Template' button to load the 24 fret notes inlay template that is included with CGT.  (Watch the video again if you are confused about this step.)

5)  Generate the inlay, press the 'Generate CDLC Inlay' button.  CGT will automatically put the inlay psarc file into the 'dlc/inlay' folder.  (Watch the video again if you are confused about this step.)

6)  Start the game and select the 24 fret notes inlay from the game menu. (Watch the video again at 10:05 if you are confused about this step.)

7)  Play any song that you have played before and check the inlay function.  (Watch the video again if you are confused about this step.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cozy1,

I understand what he is saying - I have the same issue.  I'm thinking lokariototal just gave up.

did this 3+ times

did this 3+ times

2)  Is the Rocksmith inlay available in game?  Was it ever available?  If not keep playing till you earn the Rocksmith inlay.  Does the Rocksmith inlay work again?

earned, nothing is selectable on the inlay screen.  Screen is frozen, but I can 'esc' out of it.

3)  Regenerate the 24 fret notes inlay template that is included with CGT.

did this 3+ times

4)  CGT will automatically put the inlay psarc file into the 'dlc/inlay' folder.

yup

5)  Start the game and select the 24 notes inlay from the menu.

I can see the inlay on the inlay screen, I cannot select any inlay, just 'esc' out of inlays.  Nothing is selectable.

6)  Play any song that you have played before and check the inlay function.

The inlay defaults to the 'RS pick' inlay

Yes, I watched the entire inlay video.

Some items of note.

-I have RS2014 installed on a different drive, but CSToolkit is pointed at the correct root directory

-Deleting the 'inlay' subfolder 'unfreezes' the inlay screen, and allows use of the stock inlays once again

-I have subfolders within my DLC folder that contain playable songs (for organization)

Maybe the 'inlay' subdirectory location needs to be changed?

Thanks

-Keten

Cozy1,

I have determined why the menu gets 'stuck'.  Please emphasize in your tutorials that a inlay name (compatible with RS2014, I recommend short and descriptive) and author (not sure it is required, but I do it anyway) MUST be entered into those fields. This may seem obvious, but apparently not.

If the inlay is unnamed, the generated filename will be only "_p.psarc" and this is incompatible with RS2014. Give it a proper name, and the generated filename is complete and all works out nicely.

• Developer

Thanks.  I appreciate your identifying the issue and solving it.

I have been doing this too long.  Thought everyone knew that '_p.psarc' is not a valid file name.  I will have to add an appropriate popup warning (user insult) to CGT.

• 1 month later...

Cozy1,

I have determined why the menu gets 'stuck'.  Please emphasize in your tutorials that a inlay name (compatible with RS2014, I recommend short and descriptive) and author (not sure it is required, but I do it anyway) MUST be entered into those fields. This may seem obvious, but apparently not.

If the inlay is unnamed, the generated filename will be only "_p.psarc" and this is incompatible with RS2014. Give it a proper name, and the generated filename is complete and all works out nicely.

Hello Keten,

Thank you SO MUCH! You're solution of giving a proper name and author to the file worked.

The only problem now is that the strings are not properly "synced" in the Inlay. For example, the six string is properly synced. The 3rd fret is correctly labeled a G, the 5th fret an A, the 7th fret a B and so forth. But the Fifth String is not: The 3rd fret of the 5th string is labeled in the Inlay as D, the 5th fret of the 5th string is labeled as an E and so on.

Any idea how to fix this?? Thanks

• Developer

Sounds like you may have mixed up the 18 and 24 fret notes inlays.  Make sure the 24 fret notes inlay checkbox is selected appropriately in CGT before generating the inlay.   It should be checked only when you are using 24 note inlay artwork.

It may also be because of the inlay 'dead zones'.  You can read more here about the inlay dead zones.

While you are at it, get the latest version of CGT.  It is more user friendly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy