Two small bugs I've noticed

Hopefully I'm not being as foolish this time. I noticed these previously and tried to see if they were exclusive to older versions, but then I tripped over my own incompetence in updating. Still got them in the new Toolkit, though:

1. '.' in artist name (possibly song name too) ends filename early

When I try to generate Birth in Reverse by St. Vincent, it says it'll automatically generate it as 'St.-Vincent_Birth-In-Reverse_v1_1' but when I generate it simply is named 'St_p.psarc'. Manually deleting the '.' seems to have it generate the full name.

If multiple charters do not manually edit the filename nor choose artist name acronyms, this could lead to some filename conflicts, but that's kinda a nested if.

2. loading a really old package leaves the only option of compatible audio as .wem for that package

I got some really old songs (three-plus years) I'm trying to update, but I notice when I load the package and want to generate new audio (usually changing the song preview) it only lets me choose .wem files for that.

If I switch to a newer package it goes back to the default more expansive options of including .wav and .ogg, and obviously the same if I just create the package from scratch (which isn't that bad due to all the automation of the process now), but just figure I'd mention.

I've always got the multitracks.

• Developer

@@Karmeleaux

"1. '.' in artist name (possibly song name too) ends filename early"

Toolkit is using the Artist, Title, and Album Sortable Fields to produce the file name.  Periods "." are not valid should not be used in sortable fields.  Remove the period from the 'Song Information' sortable field and your problem is solved.

2. loading a really old package leaves the only option of compatible audio as .wem for that package

How old are you talking, like RS1 CDLC?  Then that would be because RS1 uses .ogg and not .wem.  Use the CDLC Creator 'Convert' radio button to automatically convert RS1 (.ogg) CDLC to RS2014 (.wem) CDLC.  If this does not solve it then give me a link to a CDLC that has this problem.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Regarding 2:

Nope, they're 2014 CDLC. Double-checking it's actually only a small minority of my old CDLC templates, but in fact all my new CDLC templates are suffering from this now that I've reloaded them.

Screenshot of Land of Sunshine - one of the few old ones affected, but it's the same for every one of my new CDLC:

http://www.cdlc.wit-n-wiz.com/export.jpg

When I'm creating a new CDLC template or loading most of my old CDLC templates it has the full default 'All supported files' as well as the drop-down for each individual type.

http://www.cdlc.wit-n-wiz.com/Land%20of%20Sunshine/Faith-No-More_Land-of-Sunshine_RS2014.dlc.xml

That's a link to Land of Sunshine's dlc.xml template, which was the first old project I noticed it in. But as I mentioned this narrowing of available audio type selection seems to be affecting all of my modern stuff now I've double checked, so I could easily upload any of those for further examination, as well as anything else you need/desire.

I've always got the multitracks.

• Developer

@Karmeleaux  Toolkit template has changed over the years.  It may be necessary to regenerate the template with new toolkit version.  It would help if you could give me link to the the complete EOF project folder that goes with that broken template.  I may be able to automate something for you then.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@Karmeleaux Found the source of template issue and wem only audio.  The problem is that your template is set to generate PC, MAC, PS3, and Xbox versions.  The old versions of toolkit would only accept Wem files for this setting.  You can work around this by unchecking the Mac, PS3 and Xbox Platforms in CDLC Creator GUI.  When only PC is checked then you should get back the ability  to select all audio file options again.

I will perma fix audio file selection issue in future toolkit beta version, as well as the other file naming issue you found.  Thanks

• Like 1

• Developer

@@Karmeleaux Just uploaded new beta version of toolkit with fixes.  Would appreciate your testing and feedback.

• Developer

@Karmeleaux  Please PM me a link to an example EOF project folder and  files that produce the toolkit filename issue that I can use for testing.  Thanks

• Developer

@Karmeleaux  I used St. Vincent for testing.  I think I found and fixed the file naming issue now.  The xml arrangements had '.' periods in the sortable song information elements.   I added validation to these sortable elements which will remove the periods on initial loading into CDLC Creator.  

Plz let me know if file naming issues is fixed in latest toolkit beta.  If it is not then I will need your EOF project files for testing/validation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy