Has anyone had success with Toolkit/Wwise under Wine

I've finally had success with EOF and Wine in OSX. Song creation with beat map adjust and import from Guitar Pro works.

The last step in CDLC build that needs Wwise fails for me. I've managed to install Wwise (2015) under Wine with the standalone msi installers. I'm even able to build a .wem file via the GUI. However even with correctly set path the RS Toolkit fails to execute WwiseCLI.exe. The fail looks the same with both .wem file and guitar.ogg file as input.

What could I do? Here's a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/z6u6fyQ

Thanks!

Edit: I'm trying with Wine since the native OSX Toolkit doesn't work for me. OSX native toolkit fails with the mono install requirement popup. I've tried many Mono versions and none of them was recognized to get past the popup.

• Developer

@Jaskavarpunen  Are you asking about Windows version of Wwise that is installed in Wineskin?  You can try setting the toolkit Configuration Wwise Path manually to:  "C:\Program Files\Audiokinetic\Wwise\Authoring\Win32\Release\bin"

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

What do you mean by manual, text editing directly to config files of Toolkit? I haven't tried it yet (don't know where it's located).

I've set the path correctly via configuration GUI into similarish path ending to "bin". That path setting works in native Windows in my other computer (cheapo laptop for car OBD usage, but it's too slow for EOF). With Wwise2015 install the path differs a bit from your example. I also tried to copy the wise exes and dlls needed to toolkit directory and change path accordingly but no help.

• Developer
  • Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thanks, though that 2.9.0.0 Toolkit version fails a bit later. I entered the .wem file and pressed Generate and got this. The .wem file was generated by Wwise 2015 running under Wine, hope it's not corrupt.

https://imgur.com/a/f3fgtmP

Maybe I should try the elder version.

Edit - moved this question to another thread where it suits better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy