is it so hard to say/click thanks?:/

ILoveGazettE

Question

really guys, i like what im doin and like to share but seeing all this downloads(50-300) i have and maybe 1 thanks for a song

after i spent so much time finding the correct tab,syncin lyrics ,syncing notes,testing again and again and all i get is "song not working" seriusly?i dont know if i keep doin this anymore like this...maybe some ppl think this site just generate songs everyday,but no,there is alot of effort behind every song and the one who made it would like to see some good feedback for his hard job:/(sad)

• Like 7

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

Add,  you have to reply button before you're allowed to download. I have that over on another site where you had to say something before you could download the link to the song you want.

My two cents keep doing what you guys do I tried and failed ...hard haha. Thanks as always!!!

Not sure if anyone has said anything like this, but I thought I'd share my views about Thanks vs. likes. I view 'likes' as something that can be used to build up your reputation and 'thanks' are for something that you did above and beyond someones expectations or that is really helpful. Likes =  Good and Thanks = perfect.

One problem is that when you open a cdlc page, it seems to go to the page that you cannot submit a thanks, only likes. And then there is another version of the cdlc page (for instance, go to content and click on a song that you perhaps submitted or commented on) and it enables you to like and thank. For these two pages, I also noticed, the 'likes' are kept separate.

Add,  you have to reply button before you're allowed to download. I have that over on another site where you had to say something before you could download the link to the song you want.

My two cents keep doing what you guys do I tried and failed ...hard haha. Thanks as always!!!

@@irongoats Are you saying that you have to post 1 time anywhere on the forum one time or do you have to actually comment on each CDLC before you can download it?

I find the way other sites do things interesting. If it's the first one, I will explain why we don't do that. If it's the second, I could make a case either way but if you would, why would it be better one way or the other?

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

@@irongoats Are you saying that you have to post 1 time anywhere on the forum one time or do you have to actually comment on each CDLC before you can download it?

I find the way other sites do things interesting. If it's the first one, I will explain why we don't do that. If it's the second, I could make a case either way but if you would, why would it be better one way or the other?

Before you can have access to link you have to reply. We do this over at Demonseye.me music forum. Right now when you want a cldc you don't have to reply you just grab and go hence the lack of feedback for the hard work that alot of people do here. The like button is cool but I find I use that for a comment that I like because I always say thanks to whatever I want to download. 

if you make a reply mandatory you'll end up in threads with spam posts - gl for the moderators to clean up that mess

I don't think we have a lot of spam over at the music forum I honestly can't remember seeing very much of anything else but what the forum actually offers. 

really guys, i like what im doin and like to share but seeing all this downloads(50-300) i have and maybe 1 thanks for a song

after i spent so much time finding the correct tab,syncin lyrics ,syncing notes,testing again and again and all i get is "song not working" seriusly?i dont know if i keep doin this anymore like this...maybe some ppl think this site just generate songs everyday,but no,there is alot of effort behind every song and the one who made it would like to see some good feedback for his hard job:/(sad)

I always hit the thanks button and like button on every download. (1) It helps me keep track of what I downloaded. Bad memory. (2) I am very grateful for any custom song created.  Really wish I knew how to create one myself.

BTW I was just crusin the cdlc form and noticed that most of the customs with the highest DL count are older classic rock. Wonder if rocksmith is a little off the mark with the dlc they are making.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

To all those that put so much into creating these CDLCs I offer a big personal thank you! They make a big difference to my playing experience. I will try and remember to thank the individuals...

• Like 1

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

I don't think we have a lot of spam over at the music forum I honestly can't remember seeing very much of anything else but what the forum actually offers. 

In a forum like this you've only a few active members and most come only for the downloads. If you're a beginner and you want to learn with rocksmith you don't have the background to give comments on a custom, because you've no idea how to write it.

With a mandatory post in a thread to dl you'll end in useless post which does not help the contributor but floods the thread - i.e. 500 want to download the custom and have to give feedback (=at least one post) in the thread - that makes 500 posts and more than 95% will be spamming to get the dl link.

With all these restrictions you don't get more members active but you'd make it worse for the active members. just my 2cent

For the thx button as I wrote - I think that this counter keeps a thread clean, because all "thanks" posts are ok in a small forum, but if you get as feedback 100 thanks for the custom it's shorter and less clutter with the other feedback. If you add more than the short sentence and write some words it would be ok, but a post with only "Thx for the custom" I prefer the button solution.

• Like 4

hey i can see how people miss the thanks button, i didnt even know there was one till i read this yesterday. I have also realised that there isnt a thanks button when you click the download link off the cdlc search, that may be the main reason that people have missed it, as they wouldnt be able to see it anyway if they are mainly using the cdlc search, only when you go on to the actual article through the forum can you see the thanks button. i try to thank everyone for their contributions especially the ones i have had alot of fun with or really want to learn. 

• Like 1

I already posted this, but now that its gaining attention, i'll reiterate:

"One problem is that when you open a cdlc page, it seems to go to the page that you cannot submit a thanks, only likes. And then there is another version of the cdlc page (for instance, go to content and click on a song that you perhaps submitted or commented on) and it enables you to like and thank. For these two pages, I also noticed, the 'likes' are kept separate."