is it so hard to say/click thanks?:/

ILoveGazettE

Question

really guys, i like what im doin and like to share but seeing all this downloads(50-300) i have and maybe 1 thanks for a song

after i spent so much time finding the correct tab,syncin lyrics ,syncing notes,testing again and again and all i get is "song not working" seriusly?i dont know if i keep doin this anymore like this...maybe some ppl think this site just generate songs everyday,but no,there is alot of effort behind every song and the one who made it would like to see some good feedback for his hard job:/(sad)

• Like 7

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

Hey Blade!

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for the staff here. We greatly appreciate everything that you and the other charters do. Truth is, without you guys we wouldn't be here at all. Overall providing things like we do, (you and us), is a thankless endeavor. It probably shouldn't be, but it is. 

I draw my thanks from the number of people who log on everyday knowing we provide them with a service that is uninterrupted and informative. For you, the thanks would be that people want to not only download your work, but they are enjoying it on a daily basis.

Thank you for what you do!

Spades

• Like 2

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

If I may. The reason people don't hit the thanks button is that, well. It's not an in your face button. People just don't realize you can scroll over the bottom of the posted segment and hit a button. I try to thank all the charters and everyone that gives me help. I feel your pain, they say thanks in the thread but don't actually hit the little button on the chat window. The like button is right there, so that's what they hit. Just saying.

• Like 5

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

it's true that the ratio downloads/thanks is ridiculous and it looks like the biggest the forum becomes the less thanks we get from downloaders, but hey, that's just the way it goes

This will always be the case. So many people will sign up and just grab a couple of songs and then they're off again. 

I'm guilty of this and it's something I'll strive to work on as I aim to become a more active member of this community. Often it's just sheer forgetfulness, I'll download 5 or more songs and it's sometimes a few days or more until I play them, by then I've often forgot about going back to thank the author.

Apologies on my behalf, but I do appreciate everything the content creators do for us here

While I can see a Thanks button on the forum post http://customsforge.com/topic/4158-its-all-over/

I can't see a Thanks button on the record page that contains the download link. http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/its-all-over-r2851

Since most people probably go via the CDLC Search to check new content then they won't see a Thanks button.

• Like 1

I try to leave a comment when I download a custom -- I always forget the thanks button.

That said, the customs I'm making are for me first of all -- they're songs I really want to play. Sharing them with everyone else is icing on the cake. And a bit of an ego boost for me, if I'm honest. Yes, it'd be nice to have thanks. But I see the number of downloads as being the best compliment.

So if your customs are popular, take it as a compliment!

• Like 1

Hey Blade!

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for the staff here. We greatly appreciate everything that you and the other charters do. Truth is, without you guys we wouldn't be here at all. Overall providing things like we do, (you and us), is a thankless endeavor. It probably shouldn't be, but it is. 

I draw my thanks from the number of people who log on everyday knowing we provide them with a service that is uninterrupted and informative. For you, the thanks would be that people want to not only download your work, but they are enjoying it on a daily basis.

Thank you for what you do!

Spades

If I may. The reason people don't hit the thanks button is that, well. It's not an in your face button. People just don't realize you can scroll over the bottom of the posted segment and hit a button. I try to thank all the charters and everyone that gives me help. I feel your pain, they say thanks in the thread but don't actually hit the little button on the chat window. The like button is right there, so that's what they hit. Just saying.

it's true that the ratio downloads/thanks is ridiculous and it looks like the biggest the forum becomes the less thanks we get from downloaders, but hey, that's just the way it goes

This will always be the case. So many people will sign up and just grab a couple of songs and then they're off again. 

I'm guilty of this and it's something I'll strive to work on as I aim to become a more active member of this community. Often it's just sheer forgetfulness, I'll download 5 or more songs and it's sometimes a few days or more until I play them, by then I've often forgot about going back to thank the author.

Apologies on my behalf, but I do appreciate everything the content creators do for us here

While I can see a Thanks button on the forum post http://customsforge.com/topic/4158-its-all-over/

I can't see a Thanks button on the record page that contains the download link. http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/its-all-over-r2851

Since most people probably go via the CDLC Search to check new content then they won't see a Thanks button.

I try to leave a comment when I download a custom -- I always forget the thanks button.

That said, the customs I'm making are for me first of all -- they're songs I really want to play. Sharing them with everyone else is icing on the cake. And a bit of an ego boost for me, if I'm honest. Yes, it'd be nice to have thanks. But I see the number of downloads as being the best compliment.

So if your customs are popular, take it as a compliment!

thank you guys i feel better:)

and its not that im looking for thankses,and ye i love to see alot of downloads for my customes but i think somthing like that " 300 downloads and only 1 or 2 found it ok to comment/ thanks/like/ w/e?":/ i mean i so happy when someone make song i wanted that i must thank him for doing that!

and thats why ill continue making them.

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

• Administrator

i barely give any thanks because i prefer to give constructive feedback first then see if the author correct his custom and finally thanked him.

I see on my own custom that i don't have a lot of thanks but i know that many people enjoy my work (i have some guys who will like almost any custom i make) and knowing that people make request keep me going because i know at least one guy will enjoy the custom other than me. Finally the number of "thanks" or "like" is not so important in the end...

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You know sometimes when I check in here (which is a lot...it's my little break from work), I notice there are several THOUSAND people connected to the site. Very very few of these people come to contribute, they're just here to grab the customs and run.

Seeing this, I can almost understand that other group of charters, who formed their own little forum to share customs but don't let anyone else in.

Still, the way I look at it is this: many, if not most of the customs are created based on GPro files created by Who Cares Who long before Rocksmith was even a twinkle in Ubisoft's eye. And, of course, nearly all of the songs were created by someone else (I'm tempted to chart one or two of my own songs though, could be fun).

a thx button prevents a thread from beeing flooded with "thx"-one-liners, but not everybody uses it

I'd not derive from the number of thx that people like or dislike your work. In a bigger forum it's always like that - you've less active members and most just go for the downloads.

If noone dl it and no comments+thanks I'd start rethinking what is wrong, but if you've dl, no thanks and a few comments it's not that bad ;)

• Like 2

You know sometimes when I check in here (which is a lot...it's my little break from work), I notice there are several THOUSAND people connected to the site. Very very few of these people come to contribute, they're just here to grab the customs and run.

Seeing this, I can almost understand that other group of charters, who formed their own little forum to share customs but don't let anyone else in.

Still, the way I look at it is this: many, if not most of the customs are created based on GPro files created by Who Cares Who long before Rocksmith was even a twinkle in Ubisoft's eye. And, of course, nearly all of the songs were created by someone else (I'm tempted to chart one or two of my own songs though, could be fun).

@@MVega

If you chart your own songs, let me know. I want to check it out. I wouldn't know to search otherwise but I am very intrigued by that.

Spades

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

@@MVega

If you chart your own songs, let me know. I want to check it out. I wouldn't know to search otherwise but I am very intrigued by that.

Spades

I'll have to remember how to play them first, but will do!

At least you'll know the tabs are accurate!

You'd think, right?

Well, actuallly most of my songs involve the same two or three notes played over and over for three or four minutes until the song's done. So it really shouldn't be too hard to tab. :-P

I just want to thank on this occasion for all "thanks", almost 300 thanks I got from you.

As I made about 120 customs, it gives almost 3 thanks per 1 custom, so not bad :lol:

I want to add yet that I give many times "thanks" and "likes" in my topics first of all, but sometimes if I have time to read other topics I give there thanks too :D :D so if you post in my topics there is big chance you will get "thanks", unfortunately in pretty large number of custom topics there are no posts or 1 post only, so I have no possibility to give you "thanks" :lol:

Sometimes I give "Thank" and "Like" at once depending on my mood/moon phase/state of mind or whatever else :lol: :lol:

So just my 2cents to the subject :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

If I may. The reason people don't hit the thanks button is that, well. It's not an in your face button.

This. I hadn't even noticed that :( Sorry to all the guys (and girls) whose CDLCs I enjoy and that I haven't thanked properly! When I'm back home Ill go through my favorites and make sure the authors get a thank-you from me.

Sorryyyyyyy!

I'm just getting started with CDLC and until this thread didn't even realize there was a thanks button.  Like someone described earlier, I use the search to find content so never knew it existed.

Thanks in advance to all.  I'll be sure to comment more as well.  There's some really fantastic work here.

• Like 1

Ive been a member of the community for about a month and haven't downloaded anything yet. All I can say is that I have nothing but respect and admiration for both the staff and content creators of this site. I u derstand the work that goes into making the CDLC and everything behind the scenes (I mean this website is constructed better than rock smiths official forum...). The rate that songs are released and the size of the current collection is amazi g to me, especially when compared to rocksmiths own library.

People care, even if they're not hitting a meaningless like button. As others have said, derive your pleasure from the downloads popularity .

• Like 2

Maybe a thanks button included on the search results page? Next to the download link?Leechers Folk normally return there quite often...

I would rather include automatic "thanks" just to see "download link" :lol: :D :D

As you guys know, I tend to create customs for songs that are of a lesser known genre.  When I see that there have been over 2000 total downloads of my customs since they were posted (which pre-dates this site for most) I consider the time well spent.  I've received 4 'thank you' clicks but that doesn't bother me.  If people are enjoying the customs, then that's thanks enough.

If I were to chart one of my original songs, I might take more interest in the 'like' and 'thanks' counters.  :)

• Like 2

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.