[Suggestion] Rating for songs on Ignition

M3llow

Question

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to send suggetions here, but I couldnt find the right place for it. 

Anyways, my suggestion is to add a rating of 5 stars between the 'Add' option and 'Artist' name in the ignition search engine. That way it would be easier to pick out the high quality CDLC's from in some cases 5 duplicates of a song. Example: There are 3 CDLC's from the song AC/DC - Highway to Hell. One of the three has a rating of 2.4/5.0 because it isn't always correct or has bad tuning etc. The other one has 4.3/5.0 because it's spot on but there's no option for dynamic difficulty. The last one has 4.8/5 because it's pretty much perfect.

Maybe this rating system is already Work in progress? If so, please let me know. I hope I explained my suggestion well enough. If not, please let me know and I will try to elaborate further.
What do you guys think of this idea? Let me know in comment section below!

-M3llow

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

We have no intention of displaying the 5 star rating on the current version of ignition (nor do we have the dev to do it either for that matter).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Because people don't rate the CDLC quality but the song itself most of the time which would make the rating useless.

Having an unreliable rating would make things unpractical. We do have plans to offer something similar to a rating but there's a lot of consideration and it requires a lot of work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Because people don't rate the CDLC quality but the song itself most of the time which would make the rating useless.

Having an unreliable rating would make things unpractical. We do have plans to offer something similar to a rating but there's a lot of consideration and it requires a lot of work.

Hm, that sounds unlikely to me but you probably know better than I do. It does seem to work on ultimate guitar though.

I'm curious to what kind of rating that would be and I would warmly welcome any kind of rating system.

Thanks for taking the time to reply btw! :)

• Developer

@@M3llow Have a look at the new Beta Version of CFSM.  It allows you to apply 5-Star rating to your local CDLC database.  This does not address the Ignition request, but at it does allow you some additional control over you own CDLC collection.

You can find more info here.  You can find a link to the CFSM Beta in my signature line below.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

. . .

Hm, that sounds unlikely to me but you probably know better than I do. It does seem to work on ultimate guitar though.

I'm curious to what kind of rating that would be and I would warmly welcome any kind of rating system.

Thanks for taking the time to reply btw! :)

Having come from multiple sites that rate rhythm game charts, I can confirm how much someone likes a song very much factors into how most people rate things. How well the person can play it also is routinely a factor. Actual quality is unfortunately not one of the ruling factors because it's not something we're quite as emotional about.

Even here I have definitely seen people rate my topic five stars if it's a popular song shortly after upload, and I've seen other inaccurate ratings as I go on my great CDLC quest.

It's a very nice idea, but as said I don't think there's a way to enforce a rating system that's meaningful and helpful to others.

This local rating thing seems like a good compromise.

I've always got the multitracks.

I've been thinking on this after some discussion on the Discord the other day, and I think the most informative way would be something like a feedback form like:

What path are you providing feedback on?

(Dropdown menu of Lead, Rhythm, Bass - one at a time if the person desires to offer feedback on multiple)

What, if any, audio issues did you experience? (choose all that apply)

Dead Tone

No Tone Changes

Tone Loud

Tone Quiet

Song Loud

Song Quiet

Clipping or Other Audio Issues

Something like that, also for Chart (including fretting and sync/beatmap) and Lyrics (though definitely not as important, it'd be nice). Probably an open-ended response form for specifics in each section if the person desires to specify.

Though you'd have to be logged in, of course, I think having the feedback be anonymous would allow people to be more honest.

After this information is collected, it could be displayed like:

'2 people have provided feedback on this CDLC on Lead

Dead Tone: 100% of feedback reported this issue

Song Loud: 50% of feedback reported this issue'

This would give an idea of how many people provided feedback and what are the most commonly reported problems. Because it's focused on specific but common issues and explicitly for feedback people who misuse rating systems would likely be discouraged from engaging in it and fudging it up.

Of course, while this a nice li'l fantasy, it's non-negligible work to consider and I think where the community is now engagement would be too low to have it be meaningful or worthwhile for the effort to set up something like this, unfortunately.

Ultimately this post is just where a mental exercise to try to collect meaningful feedback ended up.

I've always got the multitracks.

• Administrator

Funnily it's more or less what we aim for regarding feature to build in our next search (but dev being lacking it's progressing slowly).

Regarding the actual rating in CFSM, i'm intrigued.

Obviously, i don't see charter rate their work less than 4 stars unless they are super honest and critical about their work which i don't think is mostly the case (i mean who would rate most of their work badly in the first place). But i could see it being interesting if a few power user (like the ones revolving around the championship) where to use it and make it more public or where to act on it. That of course requires a lot of user effort though so i have my doubt regarding this happening but i'd like to be proven wrong :)

I know i had a few interesting discussion around some of the discord server regarding this already and the consensus seems to be that people are interested but aren't sure if it's gonne be used/make a difference. So i guess we'll see!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography