Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 2^8

Gamut

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Which version is that? The one I downloaded from main post doesn't have rhytm part and has a different cover.

Now that I know how to put the image up I'm not going to stop...

20180917203058_1.jpg

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

Which version is that? The one I downloaded from main post doesn't have rhytm part and has a different cover.

The one I already had.  Must be heaps of "so what's"

Not a single `p!nk - so what` has a rhytm track in ignition. Perhaps the rhytm track was removed by some version update.

@@meelo, There are a few with the artist name spelled P!nk.  They don't have a rhythm part either.  The one I requested for the championship was charted by @@pegase84 and didn't have a rhythm path.  That is the one linked to for this week.  @@Hughmonty, do you know who charted the one you have?

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

@@meelo, There are a few with the artist name spelled P!nk.  They don't have a rhythm part either.  The one I requested for the championship was charted by @@pegase84 and didn't have a rhythm path.  That is the one linked to for this week.  @@Hughmonty, do you know who charted the one you have?

ILL put a link up tomorrow

I've had a busy weekend and day today, so I haven't put in enough work to match my previous score on Riverboat Song.  So here's my lame attempt to get back into it.  Improvements to follow later in the week.

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Missing the same first strum of A5 after the "solo" time after time.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/lead/begM11.png

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/lead/begM12.png

100 % mastery on master mode seemed like a fun thing to do, but that was like 9000 restarts ago. I also have a strange urge to punch Jessica Simpson in the face, but I don't even know who she is. STOP STEALING MY TABLE! :huh:

• Like 4

Me too.  I was wondering, after all of the talk of playing the open A on A5 instead, maybe it is easier to go from the C# (6th fret on the G) at the end of the solo to the open A played with the first finger instead of the A5.  I may try that tonight.

Missing the same first strum of A5 after the "solo" time after time.

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Complaining and punching Jessica Simpson and that darn Drumboy in the face helped.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/lead/begM13.png

I wasn't struggling with the chord recognition at all when I played the hard mode, but in mastery I felt like it's less tolerant.

At 99.33 or 99.55 % I got tired of randomly missing the F#5 in 2nd position. So I started playing the power chords at different places.

For the first part of strum riff:

A5 (open A) -> 5th position (E-string)

C#5 9th position (E string) -> 4th position (A string)

F#5 stays at 2nd position E string

D5 10th position (E string) -> 5th position (A string)

The second part of the strum riff:

A5 (open A) -> 5th position (E-string)

C#5 stays at 9th position (E string)

F#5 stays at 9th position (A string)

D5 stays at 5th position (A string)

E5 stays at 7th position (A string)

B5 2nd position (A string) -> 7th position (E string) [this is only played before break)

After this I started getting much more consistent playthroughs at the power chord strumming part.

On a side note, I think the initial riff seems like it's supposed to be played from 2nd position D string instead of 7th position A string. That long jump from 7th fret to 2nd fret is a bit awkward for otherwise very easy song. I tried to play it from there and it kind of works, but I kept getting too many misses, so I just played it from the 7th position and got really familiar with seven-to-two jumps. :)

Sorry for the long post. This started out as a fun thing, but the song got super bad super fast. The only thing that kept me going was my determinition to get that 100 % mastery, as I knew that was on the table (although, it might be the same table the waiter gave to Jessica Simpson :lol: ). Time to get my marbles back with some fun new songs.

• Like 2

Perhaps. Open A string A5 seemed just a tad more error prone. I play the C# on G string with my middle finger as an anchor for barre Amajor chord. I think my issue was simply timing related. The "solo" is off-beat, so it's hard to catch the first beat after playing the last note of solo. I tried this in riff repeater, but with the notes visible, I was able to hit the A5 on beat 10 times in a row.

Me too.  I was wondering, after all of the talk of playing the open A on A5 instead, maybe it is easier to go from the C# (6th fret on the G) at the end of the solo to the open A played with the first finger instead of the A5.  I may try that tonight.

Managed to improve a touch under 1%, but cracked 96%.  Chord changes and just not getting fingers placed correctly are my issues here and there.  Also seems like Score Attack is a little more picky about things compared to Learn A Song, even if both are set to max.

P!nk - Lead 96.03%

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/965349988420053195/B573C767D83F4A4293B112F0A454B79C0745540A/

• Like 4