Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 2^8

Gamut

Hi, I'm new to RS Champ. I want to submit my image of score attack, but it wont load. Am I doing it correctly? 

I click on the image tool, add the URL. Is this the right step or should I just add the link to my message. 

Thanks sorry for being a noob!!,

Welcome!

I use Imgur. After updating a screenshot there I select it from my updates. It expands and shows a number of options on your right. Try to copy the BBcode and paste on the forum, it works for me.

Someone may remember my fail when I tried to do that the first time. Everyone starts noob!

I was making a joke, because "I'm gonna start a fight" is a line from the song.  I wasn't trying to belittle your point.  The laughing emoji perhaps didn't convey that.

I don't really get the transposition yet, so I really didn't have anything to add.  However, I ran through it a couple times and after hearing that the open A was the same as the A on the 5th fret I tried it a few times and yes, I agree.  It makes it much easier to play.  I like the open high e ringing out a bit better with the open E chord, but the other is easier to play and keep the flow of the hand movement smoother.

So, thanks for posting this and getting me to try something new.  My apologies for my flippant joke on a topic you care about.

Are you trying to start a fight? :lol:

And while I'm at it, both version mostly use for A5 the open A chord but, from my point of view, E string fifth fret would make more sense...

I know I can play what I want but shouldn't the song try to chart correctly/efficiently ?

And while I'm at it, both version mostly use for A5 the open A chord but, from my point of view, E string fifth fret would make more sense...

I know I can play what I want but shouldn't the song try to chart correctly/efficiently ?

I've seen quite a few songs where the charts are far from optimal and just transpose them in my mind when I can...

I am genuinely interested, as a beginner guitar player, about the topic.

Are there real differences about the places you play (unless your guitar is poorly set up and the open strings are the only notes in tune) ?

Sustain depends on the vibrating length, but are there other factors ?

For example, on 2'23, in Black Sabbath - N.I.B. Guitar Lesson, he states that E5 sounds darker played on E12th fret than on A 7th fret. It's true for his guitar because the neck pickup location has less high harmonics on the 12th fret than on the 7th (I guess) but if he played on a strat or a 24 frets, I don't think his statement would still be true, would it ?

In the end, regarding how to play a song, are the only factors to take into account hard constraints, like slide from one note to the other on the same string and everything else is based on personal preference and convenience ? The same topics arise with "Sex on fire" where one of the bass chart was easier to play despite the notes being the same.

If it is the case, I should invest times now to know my fret board and try to play parts in different locations... It's just I had the impression it was more an advanced topic.

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Re P!nk.

Yeah the A5 means you don't play the B and the e string anyway. There's no open chords in the whole song, and near the end they start using the 577 -466 etc. positions anyway.

I find the transposition stuff matters most for bassists, where it's usually Guitarists doing the whole chart (and tbf we're used to running up and down the neck so we keep fingers on the same strings for power chords) and many charts have Bass sliding their hand much more than is really necessary since they're just playing one note.

As near as I can tell intonation-wise, Rocksmith will not care. Open strings always sound different (slightly) from fretted strings, and you'll find the same between, say a 10,12,12 and a -,5,7,7 power chord.  I happen to enjoy the sounds that come from a longer-string (so open A vs barred A), so I'd use that where I can (e.g. Yellowcard's Always Summer is technically easier to play 577 -688 -799, but it's charted as open A5 (-022).

Since we're looking at it anyway, the 2nd half of the main riff doubles up the 9th fret (C#/Db) before the dip when the Song clearly has it after the dip.

e

B

G

D         7

A 9 7 9  9 7

E                 9  9  7 9 9 7 2

• Like 2

@Toni-Wan Kenobi You cant get pictures from steam to show up here.  So if you want that you need to put them somewhere else.

Hey, thanks for the help. I've uploaded this image to photobucket, tinypic and imgur. None of them working for me! When I add the URL via image option, sometimes the image will show in my message, though when I hit post, the message an image are erased an nothing is posted. I really don't get it, where am I going wrong? 

For now I just hope a link to the image will be enough to enter, until I figure this out  :lol: 

@Toni-Wan Kenobi You cant get pictures from steam to show up here.  So if you want that you need to put them somewhere else.

Hey, thanks for the help. I've uploaded this image to photobucket, tinypic and imgur. None of them working for me! When I add the URL via image option, sometimes the image will show in my message, though when I hit post, the message an image are erased an nothing is posted. I really don't get it, where am I going wrong? 

For now I just hope a link to the image will be enough to enter, until I figure this out  :lol: 

With photobucket you can just use the "img" link in the top corner and paste it into the forum.  No need to use the image option.

• Like 2

With photobucket you can just use the "img" link in the top corner and paste it into the forum.  No need to use the image option.

Thank you! That was much more simple  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It seems to be a complicated story with my Amorphis scores. Now my 95.74% bass score has been transferred from Lead to Rhythm and my winning 98.58% Rhythm score has vanished :rolleyes:.

To recap: My scores were 91% Lead, 98.58% Rhythm and 95.74 Bass.

Is there really nobody there that can correct last week's score sheet?

I don't care that I'm not listed as winner in ADV Rhythm, but when @@Rodman comes and remakes the rankings, I would like to have a 10 counted for week 255. And fourth place for ADV bass.

Edit: 3rd -> 4th, I can't read.

• Like 2

I was making a joke, because "I'm gonna start a fight" is a line from the song.  I wasn't trying to belittle your point.  The laughing emoji perhaps didn't convey that.

I don't really get the transposition yet, so I really didn't have anything to add.  However, I ran through it a couple times and after hearing that the open A was the same as the A on the 5th fret I tried it a few times and yes, I agree.  It makes it much easier to play.  I like the open high e ringing out a bit better with the open E chord, but the other is easier to play and keep the flow of the hand movement smoother.

So, thanks for posting this and getting me to try something new.  My apologies for my flippant joke on a topic you care about.

Don't worry, I did get the joke and enjoyed it the first time I read it :)

I don't care that much about charting but I must confess that not having "only one right way" to do things disturb me a little.

In the bass part, it's mostly on E and A string (starting with 979 on A) whereas the guitar use the four low strings (starting with 424 on D).

As I see it, bass players are more used to move along and first frets are really spaced out and not very practical whereas guitar players are more used to play in a box (four strings x four frets)

My question was really a beginner question ? does the location matter or just hit the right note at the right time ?

Is transposition a useful skill or is it more a gimmick for advanced players ?