Beginner: @@diceslinger

Intermediate: @@Bounours
Advanced: @@blejusca
Masterclass: @fmsjames

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: P!nk - So What? (3) chosen by @@diceslinger
Intermediate: Ocean Colour Scene - The Riverboat Song (5) chosen by @@Telboy as played Week 153
Advanced: Gary Moore - Cold Day in Hell (7) chosen by @@NoonyDeloony

Masterclass:  Intervals - I'm Awake (8) chosen by @@Gamut

GoG Week 2: Extreme - Get The Funk Out (10) chosen by Firekorn

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: 
P!nk - So What? (3)

Intermediate: Ocean Colour Scene - The Riverboat Song (4) 

Advanced: N/A

Masterclass: Intervals - I'm Awake (8)

Bass Path:
Beginner: P!nk - So What? (3)

Intermediate: Ocean Colour Scene - The Riverboat Song (4) 

Advanced: Gary Moore - Cold Day in Hell (5)

Masterclass: Intervals - I'm Awake (9)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Exercise Challenges:

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths
3rd Exercise: Blues Comping 3 in G major (funky)
4rd Exercise: Blues Comping 4 in E major (shuffle)
5th Exercise: Blues Comping 5 in E major (dirty Texas Blues style, shuffle) (more challenging lead guitar (adv), rhythm and bass more intermediate with a real audio track (no GP RSA converted)

Everyone can bring up new scores that will be added to the exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Rock On!

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

The link for So What only contains lead and bass, no rhythm.

I downloaded some times ago another version with 3 tracks but it's not available anymore...

Are you sure about the link ?

And while I'm at it, both version mostly use for A5 the open A chord but, from my point of view, E string fifth fret would make more sense...

I know I can play what I want but shouldn't the song try to chart correctly/efficiently ?

And while I'm at it, both version mostly use for A5 the open A chord but, from my point of view, E string fifth fret would make more sense...

I know I can play what I want but shouldn't the song try to chart correctly/efficiently ?

I've seen quite a few songs where the charts are far from optimal and just transpose them in my mind when I can...

• Like 2

Are you trying to start a fight? :lol:

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

So why is the GoG Week 2 The exact same song as last week?

God of Guitar class involves 10/10 difficulty songs. We take two weeks to work on GoG-class songs to learn the song properly and deeply. We also breaks between them, both as a necessary rest, and because there simply are not as many 10/10 difficulty songs as every other difficulty class.

Admire your voracity for the most difficult tunes, though! :lol:

• Like 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Oh, only intermediate and masterclass rhytm songs this week :o P!nk is marked for rhytm beginner, but it doesn't have rhytm track.

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

Are you trying to start a fight? :lol:

I've seen quite a few songs where the charts are far from optimal and just transpose them in my mind when I can...

I am genuinely interested, as a beginner guitar player, about the topic.

Are there real differences about the places you play (unless your guitar is poorly set up and the open strings are the only notes in tune) ?

Sustain depends on the vibrating length, but are there other factors ?

For example, on 2'23, in Black Sabbath - N.I.B. Guitar Lesson, he states that E5 sounds darker played on E12th fret than on A 7th fret. It's true for his guitar because the neck pickup location has less high harmonics on the 12th fret than on the 7th (I guess) but if he played on a strat or a 24 frets, I don't think his statement would still be true, would it ?

In the end, regarding how to play a song, are the only factors to take into account hard constraints, like slide from one note to the other on the same string and everything else is based on personal preference and convenience ? The same topics arise with "Sex on fire" where one of the bass chart was easier to play despite the notes being the same.

If it is the case, I should invest times now to know my fret board and try to play parts in different locations... It's just I had the impression it was more an advanced topic.

Almost first go. Missed couple of notes at the beginning because of no click track and then thought the slide went to 3 instead of 2, so I restarted.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/bass/beg01.png

Some stupid mistakes

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/bass/int01.png

Frets 4-7 suddenly disappeared during the solo part. Search party is still looking for them!

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/bass/adv01.png

Definitely didn't slap. Don't know how I managed to pass that to be honest.

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/bass/mc01.png

Was about to fail the first go in Score attack, so I aborted and went to LAS:

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/rhytm/int01.png

Then a bit of practice mode at the arpeggio part and went back to SA.
http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/rhytm/int03.png

The solo part caught me by surprise, especially because I thought I was playing rhytm track (which didn't even exist)

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/lead/beg01.png

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/lead/int01.png

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week256/lead/adv01.png

Sunday morning hand exercise (Torture).... bass first

Bass This was Advanced last time (previous best 97.48%

axbobn2otc0n3n56g.jpg

love this s song but i just run out of steam last time we played this, but i just know that through Rocksmith and especially the Championship i have improved immensely and my hand didn't drop off like i thought it was going to last time.

Rhythm Last Year this was in Advanced  -_- (previous best 94.49%)

4gzarom2nn20u0x6g.jpg

Lead (previous best (94.57%)

xxndw9n99lv46lf6g.jpg

I'll get there.

• Like 1

On to Pink, love Pink songs  :wub:

i haven't played this version before, but i think it is better than the one i have been playing,

stwbbn0dc3cb29n6g.jpg

Lead

56o15d15438vh0p6g.jpg

didn't miss a single note....but Rocksmith hates me

on to Gary Moore

2p5s1qfspfp5c846g.jpg

more to come on this i think.

Lead

ah5on1d1qqhwqsk6g.jpg

there is alway one that kicks you in the head........ needs improvement as my teachers used to say

• Like 2

@@Telboy We are on the same boat. I'm not doing much better, the song is like a long solo to me and I generally suck at playing Gary Moore. 

The point is, if RS has bends recognizing issues, why do you even think to chart Gary Moore? You must hate humans to do that. 

So it comes to my mind that MAYBE I'm doing it wrong, but I hear my bends hitting the right notes, at least in the easiest licks of the song. I'm stuck, don't know what to do and RR here won't help. 

Hi, I'm new to RS Champ. I want to submit my image of score attack, but it wont load. Am I doing it correctly? 

I click on the image tool, add the URL. Is this the right step or should I just add the link to my message. 

Thanks sorry for being a noob!!,

• Like 1

Upload the image to some upload service, grab the URL from your uploaded image. Then paste the URL to that "image" tool (that I think you found already) and then press OK and your image should appear. OR just paste the URL to the comment, that seems to be acceptable way of posting results as well.

this icon in case you didn't notice it:

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/add_image01.png

Hi, I'm new to RS Champ. I want to submit my image of score attack, but it wont load. Am I doing it correctly? 

I click on the image tool, add the URL. Is this the right step or should I just add the link to my message. 

Upload the image to some upload service, grab the URL from your uploaded image. Then paste the URL to that "image" tool (that I think you found already) and then press OK and your image should appear. OR just paste the URL to the comment, that seems to be acceptable way of posting results as well.

this icon in case you didn't notice it:

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/add_image01.png

Hi mate, thanks! That's what I've been using. The image will appear in the message, but won't let me post it to the topic. Strange! I'll have another try, if that don't work I'll just post link. Thanks again!!