Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 255

Rodman

@@PinKushin If you don't like to detune your guitar then I highly recommend you invest in one of these

https://www.amazon.com/DigiTech-Polyphonic-Bundle-Instrument-Polishing/dp/B00U830TH8

I use it for every non-standard song and it works like a charm. 

Was that supposed to link to a cab sim? I'm confused how that would allow me to virtually detune? 

edit 1: oh and I don't have to worry about hearing the strings ring out, I use headphones.  so glad I do too because I play with my action pretty low and might hear fret buzz if I didn't. Fret buzz drives me nuts but a 1/2in high action is impossible to play quickly.

edit 2: actually my setups pretty good, no fret buzz when fingerpicking unless I strike the string incorrectly.

edit 3: just add me on steam if you have it or PM me. I don't want to have trash posts in this thread.

I got obsessed with the rhythm part of What's Up trying to clean up my messy strumming. It paid off.  It was a trainwreck on my hollow bodied guitar, couldn't hear the music while I was playing.  Switched to my squire, since I brought my strat to get restrung and setup.  Had better luck when muting the strings a bit before the chord changes than just letting them ring.

zpcUVBf.jpg

So then I had to try it on master mode a few times.  Very happy with the result!  I may actually be learning to play this thing!

rcw69sj.jpg

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

@@PinKushin All you need is a standard M to M guitar cable, the detune pedal, and the rocksmith cable. The pedal itself is what changes the tuning so you don't need anything else to go with it. All you need to do to set it up is have the standard guitar cable as the IN on the pedal and put the rocksmith cable as the OUT to go to your computer or whatever you play on.

Side note: It does also require power to use so you may need an extension cord since the one it comes with is pretty small.

• Like 1

Now on to one of the best bands from the UK, Oasis.

i have seen these guys 5 or 6  times and it was such a shame when they split.

if i could play guitar like Noel Gallagher id be a happy Rock Star.........but i'm not so just to prove it,

dlpo29m0waadpq26g.jpg

100th time lucky  :P over 90%

cidlktuyaj7ti7t6g.jpg

and i got passed the SA  :lol:

Night night all....... 92% tomorrow

• Like 5

20180913174945_1.jpg

at 90% - Don't count this score

20180914174619_1.jpg

Pretty much at max golden elk on this run.  I had 4 to 6 chords I thought I hit perfectly marked wrong.   I think I know it well enough to sit in with the band and play it (provided of course I can bring a laptop, a real tone cable,  and a copy of rocksmith).

• Like 5

24qON1a.jpg

Definitely not my kind of music there. But I managed a couple play throughs.

Hey @PinKushin, I'll make you a deal.  I'll mention you in each of my intermediate bass posts with a score for this next week's challenge, if you'll do the same and we can duke it out for a week.  Should be a pretty normal practice week for me this week so should be a good run.

As always thanks to everyone that keeps the championship up and running,

--Wrenth

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

At this point it's pretty much just random strum misses

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week255/week255lead_beg05.png

• Like 1

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)