CDLC not showing up in list

annzie

Question

Hi guys,

I have Rocksmith 2014 remastered and the official Cherub rock DLC. Both legal and official and all. I am trying to get the CDLC to work but they just won't show up in the list. I use Windows 10. I am 100% sure I have put the D3DX9_42.dll file in the root directory. The spelling of the file is right: I copy-pasted it from the file in the post here for you to be sure. I have the right file types for pc (p_psarc) and I put them in the DLC folder. I unblocked all files right after downloading (right click>properties>unblock). Rebooted the pc several times. The CDLC's I'm trying to install both have Cherub rock as their package ID. I tried several versions of the D3DX9_42.dll file and none made it work.

Since I saw someone ask for a screencap from the root folder, I made a screencap from the rootfolder.

The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling Rocksmith as I am afraid that will delete my savegames. I hope someone of you can help me because Google won't get me any further and I am at my wits end.

Here are the links of the songs I'm trying to install:

http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/fish-on-r37782

http://customsforge.com/index.php/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/human-r26853

Since I saw someone ask for a screencap from the root folder, I made a screencap from the rootfolder.

http://www.freeimagehosting.nl/site2/image.php?di=JBKU

• Like 2

14 answers to this question

• Administrator

Are you sure you don't have an active filter in the ingame song list? You can see the songlist selected on the right side of the song list.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I'm having the same issue. What is weird about my situation is that I removed cherubrock_p.psarc from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Steam Games\Rocksmith2014\dlc

,closed RS then started RS again and Cherub Rock was still playable in my Song List.

Could there be any other location Cherubrock_p.psarc could be stored? I searched my C:\ drive and the only results were from that folder. Is this even possible?

So it works with me now! Nothing changed after the stuff I described, but Lo and behold the next day they are showing up? I've read the same thing happening to someone in a youtube comment so apparently sometimes you just need to wait a day? I've added a few different songs to try again and for every song I have to wait a day but then they just show up. I have *no* idea why waiting a day is the magic trick. But now I know that is the trick so I'm just glad now that my cdlc works. :)

So actually after unblocking the D3D file now only one CDLC is working (Frank Black Los Angeles) while the rest aren't showing up. Inside the DLC folder I have cherub rock which I purchased but it was purchased on another computer (dont know if that matters).

Why is only 1 CDLC showing up and not the rest?

I am in a very similar situation. The weird part for me is that all of my cdlc before a certain date show up and play, but any new cdlc I add do not show up in game. I have Cherub Rock bought, in dlc folder, and in game playable with a score; even though I think you don't need it any more.  I have tried the new installer and everything seems to be correctly spelled and placed. I even did a full reformat of my computer, so an extremely clean reinstall of rocksmith was done. I tried what I guessed was "unblocking" the dll file but I do not know what actions to take to unblock a file. I went in to properties and gave it every checkbox permission under each tab.

I think i had to go into my windows security tab and temporarily disabled my real-time virus protection to run the dll installer if i remember correctly. Not sure if that's your prob. Just don't forget to turn it back on.

I gave up in frustration for a bit because I have the dream song I've been wanting to play, but it wont show up on the list.

I just tried turning off the real-time protection and running the dll installer but no songs appeared on the list. I just went through all of my cdlc songs' properties tabs and finally found the "unblock" check box. I noticed some interesting things:

1. my old cdlc (pre-taking rocksmith off the steam store) did not have the unblock option.

2. All of my "new" cdlc had the unblock check box.

3. There were songs that I have played that had the unblock box unchecked.

I am rather dense at times, especially when I am frustrated, and I am at my wits end with this lol. Someone said that they had stuff show up in game after a day or so. I'll try checking again in a day or two. If I don't reply to this, assume the problem persists. Also, I did recheck the dll file, it had no unblock checkbox.