Creating DLC for RS1

raveyman

Question

Hi,

I was wondering what the easiest (even if not the quickest) way to produce CDLC for RS1? 

Yeah yeah I know, why would I? I use RS2014 typically, but the other day, for some reason, I loaded up RS1 and for all its flaws, it was just ... well .....more fun. The whole playing gigs n stuff and the earning points were just way more incentive for a learning player than RS2014 is. It seems that RS2014 became more professional but in the transition, forgot that the reason RS1 was so great for newbies is because it offered the fun of Rock Band etc but with a real guitar.

The only issue with RS1 is the limited song choices, and I wondered if I could learn how to export current CDLC to the earlier format, or if it is possible to use GP7 to create a CDLC and export it to the old format.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave

22 answers to this question

• Developer

@@raveyman

Some may say it can't be done, or why bother, but here's how to:  LOOK HERE for new automagical conversion method

First get the latest beta version of the toolkit and the latest release of EOF.

In the toolkit:

1)  From the 'DDC' tab menu, remove DDC from your RS2014 CDLC psarc file, select 'Ramp-up model' 'ddc_dd_remover' and then 'Remove DDC'.

2)  From the  'CDLC Creator' tab menu, use 'Import Package' and select the *NDD_p.psarc file created in step (1).

In EOF:

3)  Preferences, Import/Export, make sure 'Save separate Rocksmith 1 files' is checked.

4)  Use Import, Rocksmith, select the arrangement xml file from the EOF folder created in Step (2) above.

5)  Select the ogg audio file from the EOF folder created in Step (2) above.

6)  Re-sync the audio with the EOF piano scroll as necessary.  (The audio file may need to have 3 seconds of leading silence added with EOF.)

7)  Save the EOF project files, i.e. the RS1 arrangement xml files.

In the toolkit:

8)  From the 'CDLC Creator' tab menu, change the 'Game Version' radio button to 'Rocksmith'.

9)  Use 'Arrangements' 'Quick Add' button to add only the RS1 arrangement xml files create in step (5) above. (Do not add any *RS2.xml files)

10)  Update and completely fill in the 'Song Information' fields.

11)  Add the Album Artwork '*_256.png' and Audio 'guitar.ogg' from the EOF project folder.

12)   Use 'Tones' 'Imprt' (import) button to import a tone from some other RS1 CDLC *.dat file or create your own.

13)  Press 'Generate' to create your RS1 CDLC *.dat file.

Let me know how this works for you.  I partially tested it for proof of concept.  Step (6) (re-syncing) may be the hardest part.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 I like the idea of ​​raveyman because it is true that RS1 had a different pleasure that Ubisoft should have done in RS2.

Maybe in the future you or @@raynebc will offer a program or version of E.O.F and the toolkit that would do that simply.

• Developer

@Fedro  That would take a huge beer donation on my website, and I mean huge.  :lol:

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thank you soooo much Cozy1 for your clear instructions. I was kind of expecting a bit of a run-down for liking RS1 but I think I am not the only one. I think RS1 and RS2014 each have their pros and cons, and are very different beasts.

I gotta go work but will give your instructions a go and see how I go. Will comment when I've tried it.

Again, much appreciated thanks!

Dave

I understand the huge amount of work (so beer) it would take to do that, it is clear that the game is not worth the candle especially when I see the huge amount of work provided by see programmers for we only satisfy on RS2, so we would have to start from the beginning to do that.

In any case you are already doing a huge job here. Bravo.

PS: I did not think that a simple guitar game in the beginning would cause big efforts like here. Thanks again for that.

Besides I do not understand why Ubisoft is not extended the concept to the synthesizer and drums (percussion).

EOF's RS1 export isn't changed very often and should be mostly functional, but it doesn't get tested often anymore. Please let me know if you run into problems on the editor side (ie. errors when saving the project). Taking a quick look, RS1 export may be writing some unneeded attributes for phrase tags, but I don't know if the toolkit would complain about that when creating RS1 DLC packages.

• Developer

@@group Biggest problem/challenge may be converting ogg/wem audio from RS2014 to the old ogg RS1 format.  Does anyone know of automated way (command line app) for doing this?  Otherwise you will need to re-encode the ogg file the old fashion way with Wwise 2010 (Note: this is a older and completely different version of Wwise than is currently used to produce RS2014 audio by the toolkit).

• Developer

@@group Try the latest beta version of the toolkit.  It now auto converts RS2014 to RS1 CDLC.  Read the tooltip popups and beta release notes.   Hover mouse over RS2014 radio button in ‘Game Version’ groupbox to see quick how-to instructions. You must have Wwise 2010.3.3 exact version installed from ‘http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/pages/wwise’ and also set toolkit ‘Configuration’ ‘Wwise Path’ for auto conversion to work.

I expect to see a lot of beer money donations flowing in on my website.   ;) 

• Like 1

• Developer

Is it possible to have two versions of Wwise: One for RS1 and one for RS2014?

Yes you can

But be aware that the system Environmental Variable WWISEROOT will be replaced by which ever version of Wwise you install last. 

So for the toolkit to work most effectively for Rocksmith conversions you should install Wwise 2010 first and then install Wwise 2013 or above last so that the Environmental Variable WWISEROOT is populated correctly.  There's no problem if you happen to install Wwise 2010 last, all you have to do is change the WWISEROOT path back to the Wwise 2013 or above version location. 

Enjoy.

and also set toolkit ‘Configuration’ ‘Wwise Path’ for auto conversion to work.

Hello,

I do not remember what that means or what path to assign.

Perhaps you could also add the possible conversion from the "Converter" tab in the toolkit.

thanks again

• Developer

and also set toolkit ‘Configuration’ ‘Wwise Path’ for auto conversion to work.

Hello,

I do not remember what that means or what path to assign.

Perhaps you could also add the possible conversion from the "Converter" tab in the toolkit.

thanks again

Change the Wwise Path in the toolkit Configuration menu to the location of the WwiseCLI.exe file.   Typically path is "C:\Audiokinect\Wwise v2010.3.3 build3773\Authoring\Win32\Release\bin"

https://i.imgur.com/tzVRF3F.png

RS2014 to RS1 Conversion may require some user intervention which is why it will not be added to the 'Converter' tab.  As an example you may want to edit the Tone that the toolkit selects for the conversion.  This must be done manually in the 'CDLC Creator' tab.

RS2014 to RS1 Conversion may require some user intervention which is why it will not be added to the 'Converter' tab.  As an example you may want to edit the Tone that the toolkit selects for the conversion.  This must be done manually in the 'CDLC Creator' tab.

Ok it's very clear.

Last thing, will it be necessary to alternate between the different versions of Wwise in the toolbox to convert for example be pc and ps3 on RS2014 and between pc and ps3 to RS2012?

• Developer

@@Fedro "will it be necessary to alternate between the different versions of Wwise in the toolbox to convert for example be pc and ps3 on RS2014 and between pc and ps3 to RS2012?"

Only if you choose not to follow these Wwise installation instructions.  So choose wisely. :)

@cosy1

The conversion from RS2014 PC to RS2012 PC to the operating area.

On the other hand,

The conversion from RS2014 PC to RS2012 PS3 does not work.

Here is the error message:

Ye87qK1.jpg

Thanks for all

• Developer

@@Fedro Daj mi more beer money ...  wink.png   In simple terms the error messages says ... the file format for PS3 is different than for PC. 

To convert RS2014 PC to RS2012 PS3 ... you are going to have to do a little manual work.

1)  Follow the RS2014 to RS2012 auto conversion instructions up to where you would press the 'Generate' button (but don't press it).

2)  Open the toolkit created CDLC artifacts subfolder 'EOF' and locate the 'song_*.wav' file.

3)  Fire up Wwise 2010 GUI and convert the wav file to a PS3 compatible Wwise ogg file. (Instructions can be found here: https://guitargames.wordpress.com/sommaire/convertir-le-format-audio/)

4)  In the toolkit CDLC Creator tab under 'File' groupbox select the new PS3 Wwise ogg file you created in Step 3.

5)  Now press 'Generate'.

• Developer

@Fedro  Here is an automated work around for the error you encountered going from RS2014 PC to RS2012 PS3.  It may keep you from having to use the Wwise 2010 GUI.

1)  First convert and generate RS2014 PC to RS2012 PC using the toolkit automated method.
2)  Then convert RS2012 PC to RS2012 PS3 using the toolkit CDLC Creator, Import Package, Generate sequence.

Toolkit produced expected output but I can not confirm validity of the RS2012 PS3 CDLC file.  I leave that to you.

I'll come back to tell you about my essay.

So I converted pc 2014 to pc 2012 then pc 2012 to ps3 2012.

I got 3 files.

A lead tone .dat

A rhythm tone .dat

A file of the pieces.

I transferred the file of the pieces and when I wanted to test it in rocksmith 2012, no sound came out of my guitar at the time of tuning while the sound functioned before.

I'm back, the sound of the guitar functioned again and the same problem in terms of tuning, no sound.

As a result impossible to grant and therefore test.

That's it, I think it's dead.