setting in order CDLCs

CerealK

Question

Hi guys

Not sure if it is here where I should ask, but I have been searching at the forum and did not found any other place or similar questions.

Well, I have been checking my favourite bands CDLCs and it is really cool how you have organized them at the Ignition place. So cool!

But the problem is that I once I check them at Rocksmith, some songs are not set in list by artist name.

For example, some songs from Yngwie Malmsteen are on Y  (Yngwie) and others are on M (Malmsteen)

same with other bands like The Beatles that you can find some at T and the rest at B

So i wonder, Is there a way I couls organize them correctly on my game?

Thanks in advace and regards!

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

• Developer

Maybe the CDLC author has the song information (Artist, Title, and/or Album sortable and non-sortable fields) entered incorrectly.  You can change this with the toolkit or CFSM.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Thank's @@cozy1 for this information.

Is there are a simple way to do it with the toolbox ?

Well, so i guess that changing it with the tool kit will make it ....

Where can I get it? 

Is it a difficult thing to do or just open it with the toolkit and change the line?

It is much easier to change song information with CFSM.   You can get the latest CFSM beta rev here.   The toolkit is available here.  Which ever you choose, make sure you always are using the latest test/beta revision of the software.  Here's how to edit song information with CFSM:

1) Install and run CFSM.  Let CFSM scan your song library.

2) From the 'Song Manager' tab, select (highlight) the song that has song information (Artist, Title, Album) that you would like to change.

3) Right mouse click on the selected (highlighted) song to open the contextual 'Actions' menu.

4) Select 'Edit Song Information'.  Note: You can not make any changes to ODLC as that would violate Site Rule #4.

5) In the 'Song Editor' popup make any changes you want to Artist, Title, Album, or other available fields.

6) In the lower left corner of  'Song Editor' select 'Save'.

7) Exit the 'Song Editor' popup.  The saved changes will be reflected in the 'Song Manager' 'Songs Grid'.

8) Repeat steps 2-7 for any other songs that you would like to edit the song information of.

9) Enjoy!

• Like 3

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thank you for these explanations even if for me, playing on ps3 CFSM is me practice but I will try. I imagine that to repair a CDLC, the manipulation is similar no?

Thank you cozy1 for your precious help.

• Developer

@Fedro  CFSM should be your go-to tool for CDLC repair.   Repair is possible with either tool, it is just easier with CFSM.  Be sure to read the 'Repairs Help' dropdown in CFSM Song Manager tab about the available repair options.  After repairing, or editing with CFSM, you can switch over to the toolkit and do a bulk PC to PS3 conversion of your CDLC.

Cozy1. I have a problem with CFSM because I do not have a PC version installed on my PC (so ps3), and the DLC directory do not exist. So impossible to repair a CDLC because when I indicate the path to my cdlc, he tells me that the game folder does not go because it can not find a dll file.

So if you have a solution to the problem. Thank you

• Developer

Cozy1. I have a problem with CFSM because I do not have a PC version installed on my PC (so ps3), and the DLC directory do not exist. So impossible to repair a CDLC because when I indicate the path to my cdlc, he tells me that the game folder does not go because it can not find a dll file.

So if you have a solution to the problem. Thank you

Not a problem at all.  You don't need to have Rocksmith installed to use CFSM.

1)  Create a new directory and name it 'dlc'. 

2)  Put this 'dlc' directory anywhere you want then put your entire CDLC collection '*_p.psarc' files into the 'dlc' folder. 

3)  Run CFSM and from the 'Settings' tab menu, set the 'RS2014 Installation Directory'  to the root of the new 'dlc' folder. 

4)  Switch back to Song Manager and wait for CFSM to scan your CDLC collection.

5)  Enjoy!

• Developer

Last question, the CDLC repairs itself in CFSM?

Well almost, but you do have to select some repair options first.  Have a look here.  Open up the dropdown 'Repairs Help' menu while you are in Song Manager to read about the available options.

• Developer

@@Fedro No and No.  You will need to use toolkit for PS3 work. 

You could convert all your PS3 CDLC to PC CDLC quickly with the toolkit, and then use CFSM to monitor the song info if you wanted. 

Some great responses here from Cozy1. Thanks. And a good question from CerealK.

I created my Zappa cdlc using Zappa only to find most others use Frank. The music stores file CDs under Zappa, but Elvis CDs under Elvis not Presley. Nobody's right or wrong. It's just different choices of convention. Maybe CF could give guidelines but charters probably wouldn't remember to stick to it.

So best follow Cosy1's instructions to fix our own or put up with 2 lots of Beatles in our collections.

Unaccredited Charter