rocksmith updated on steam today

grant2258

Question

20 answers to this question

And

rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc

I noticed this, too. Has anyone played it since the update?

Edit:

Works fine, though it didn't start up the first time I tried it.

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

I didn't notice the update taking place, but I did notice that the game was running kind of rough -- weird audio glitches, shaky video, bumps and hesitations, and a long pause when trying to exit the game -- a few seconds, almost like it had crashed (I could still see the main menu screen, overlaid with the exit dialogue). And for the first time in a while, the Riff Repeater bug (where playback will suddenly jump to 100% speed, no matter what speed it's set to) was back.

Damn. Rocksmith's been running really smoothly for me since the December patch. Hope they're not breaking it.

Yeah I would sure like to know what they are doing in this PC update. Only information I could find was the latest Xbox change-log. Maybe it's the same changes?

The official patch notes for the Xbox 360 patch released 4/12/14.

• Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash when selecting Tone Assignment, on Rhythm Path, When Tone Designer missions are available
  • The correct play style now always appears for RS2014 on-disc and DLC bass arrangements
  • Fixed an issue where the user could not exit the calibration checklist if changes are made to the current settings of the Real Tone Cable Gain
  • Fixed an incorrect character in the lyrics of the RS1 DLC song Black Betty by Ram Jam
  • Sorting the song by Artist will now put the titles in the correct alphabetical order
  • Improvements to detection of Harmonics when a capo is attached
  • Fixed a rare issue where the UI would lock in the Tuner
  • Fixed a crash in Session Mode when using a unique band/tuning setting
  • Further improved general game stability

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Steam change log:

Next time you fire up RS 2014 for Windows or Mac, you'll get an update, and here's what it does: 

PC/Mac
· Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash when selecting Tone Assignment, on Rhythm Path, When Tone Designer missions are available
· The correct play style now always appears for RS2014 on-disc and DLC bass arrangements
· Fixed an issue where the user could not exit the calibration checklist if changes are made to the current settings of the Real Tone Cable Gain
· Fixed an incorrect character in the lyrics of the RS1 DLC song Black Betty by Ram Jam
· Fixed an issue where the first phrase of the RS1 DLC song Black by Pearl Jam was not correctly displayed in the phrase banner (Lead Path)
· Fixed a detection issue for the harmonics in the first phrase of the RS1 song Jeremy by Pearl Jam (Lead/Rhythm)
· Sorting the song by Artist will now put the titles in the correct alphabetical order
· Improvements to detection of Harmonics when a capo is attached
· Fixed a rare issue where the UI would lock in the Tuner
· Fixed a crash in Session Mode when using a unique band/tuning setting
· Fixed an issue where the sorting filter flags would appear incorrectly
· Further improved general game stability
· Fixed an issue where incorrect language is displayed during Uplay account creation

Mac Only
· Fixed Shader Issue for the Capo on the Mac
· Fixed Shader issue for broken gear on the Mac
· Fixed crash that occurred when the game is started with no mouse attached to the system on Mac
· Further improved general game stability

Anyway, I've just played a couple of hours this evening and had none of the glitches from last night -- not doubt there was some process running in the background causing the interference. Didn't even have the Riff Repeater bug. Still seemed to hang a bit on exit, but maybe I just never noticed it.

I just opened rocksmith 2014 and all my CDLCs are gone... :( It seems Steam updated it yesterday. I will turn off auto updates from now on. Has anybody ran into the same problem?

I got the patch earlier today and it had NO effect on my CDLC. Nothing they do should affect that at all.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

i can play the cdlcs but i now have a frequent issue with the tone. After a while it doesn't catch the correct tone. It just stays on the same tone :(

Restart the stuff every now & then.

Plus, I checked in Steam 'do not upgrade' but it did...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I encountered a new bug after this PC update:  When tuning my guitar to play a song tuned in D standard, I hit the precision tuner while on the G string because it had given me an 'ok' state on a +15 on the D string, and I needed to go back.  The precision tuner started properly but after completing it, the confirmation check stuck on G and wouldn't go forward even though it showed 0 on the tuning.  I had to exit the tuner and re-enter the song to finish the confirmation.

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

Yet I still can not hit well at all the harmonics in jeremy, anyone else have problems with this yet?

Try it on a pickup that's not on the neck one i know my fender neck pickup doesn't pick up lower harmonics 3 and 5 at the neck pickup well apparently its the way the string vibrates the pickup misses it. Bridge pickup usually gets em allSent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Yet I still can not hit well at all the harmonics in jeremy, anyone else have problems with this yet?

Try it on a pickup that's not on the neck one i know my fender neck pickup doesn't pick up lower harmonics 3 and 5 at the neck pickup well apparently its the way the string vibrates the pickup misses it. Bridge pickup usually gets em allSent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

I have problems with jeremy, Red barchetta... I just have no problems