Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 253

Mortalo

Yep, will do!  Like I say, I downloaded 200 songs so as I find good ones I will add them.  It has made me realize how hard it is to pick beginner level songs!  Again, you organizers do a fine job!

@@diceslinger - feel free to add up to 10 songs of your choice to Song Selection list!!!!

Please check for quality and rate the difficulties, yes chosen randomly.

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Fair enough, I stopped adding songs because I wanted to see what other people played but i guess its time to add some more

10 songs you say? Ok I'll add a song from each of megadeth's album's... only joking. Lol

You better be joking or my dying wrists will be having a long talk with you

How do I add songs to the song selection list? I wanna add some Madness and Pennywise, maybe some Vulfpeck too, so much fun bass.

Just add them to the list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Alrighty, Advanced Rhythm is... Well there's just so many repeated notes it's hard to NOT get 90+% despite really not nailing a lot of the rhythms.

d347c2f629.png

Also then the Beginner Lead:

c004f1a5e0.png

Aaaannd the INT Rhythm stuff:

085116b5aa.png

Hrm, I know I did Smooth Criminal Rhythm, but apparently I only have the SS from Lead (which is basically the same except for a small g-string bit near the end).

bba542f45c.png

I appreciate the work that goes into selecting the songs, but I too would welcome a bit different style of music sometimes.  To that end I just downloaded 200 CDLC that I'm taking notes on which ones are playable, difficulty, etc.  Hopefully I can add some suggestions based on that. 

Again, I respect the work that the organizers do in choosing songs, a big thanks to them.  I'd like to help if I can.

I'm concerned with the mods love affair with thrash and speed metal. Don't get me wrong, they're cool songs but it gets hard to fully playthrough them because my hands start to burn

I actually added a few rock songs to the selection list but they have never been  selected... guess I'll need to read the rules.

I appreciate the work that goes into selecting the songs, but I too would welcome a bit different style of music sometimes.  To that end I just downloaded 200 CDLC that I'm taking notes on which ones are playable, difficulty, etc.  Hopefully I can add some suggestions based on that. 

Again, I respect the work that the organizers do in choosing songs, a big thanks to them.  I'd like to help if I can.

I'm concerned with the mods love affair with thrash and speed metal. Don't get me wrong, they're cool songs but it gets hard to fully playthrough them because my hands start to burn

I actually added a few rock songs to the selection list but they have never been  selected... guess I'll need to read the rules.

You are just unlucky.  And all your songs are all in intermediate and that is where most of the song suggestions are.  So chances of getting songs in that class is lower.

Thanks for taking the time and explaining it to noobs like me.  I know there is a rules document and such, but I wasn't sure which parts were still in effect.

So one more noob question, where there are two songs like this week in Beginner Bass, which one is counted for points?

You are just unlucky.  And all your songs are all in intermediate and that is where most of the song suggestions are.  So chances of getting songs in that class is lower.

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

It is really infuriating that rocksmith doesn't recognise my D string 12th fret half the time. Could've been 100% :(

Update: had the idea to switch back to the A string and play fifth fret instead of D 12th. Went a lot better but still had a couple detection errors. Also I am technically in the beginner class for lead, but can't be bothered to tune down so here's the intermediate song instead: 2HyOr4K.jpgfs8nw0S.jpg

I had this issue with my guitar early on.  I watched a couple "how to set up your guitar" videos and tried to set my guitar up properly.  That helped a great deal for me.  If you play the open string then the 12th fret and it sounds out of tune it needs some intonation adjustment.  

It is really infuriating that rocksmith doesn't recognise my D string 12th fret half the time. Could've been 100% :(

Update: had the idea to switch back to the A string and play fifth fret instead of D 12th. Went a lot better but still had a couple detection errors. Also I am technically in the beginner class for lead, but can't be bothered to tune down so here's the intermediate song instead: 

• Like 1

Worked on Alien Ant Farm all week (plus some of the Sinners one but mostly AAF).  Didn't improve beyond my prior posting on the Sinners.

Smooth Criminal - Lead - 82.3%

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/969851683420286596/C845713394D627021CB07D4C0347D2EF398C476D/

Smooth Criminal - Rhythm - 87.0%

Probably won't have time to get any improvements on these before times up.  Man, that AAF song is FAST!