How do I use a guitar hero controller with EOF?

bhodges164

Question

I recently downloaded EOF and Im trying to use my guitar hero wireless controller for EOF I already have a wireless receiver for my PC which connects to my guitar hero controller just fin, but I could not find any tutorials on how to use my controller with EOF.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to be able to hit frets and strum to a song on my guitar hero controller while EOF accepts the notes as a MIDI Input then exporting once I'm done to a MIDI output or rather making it a MIDI file itself how can I do that if possible.  

4 answers to this question

@@bhodges164 you'd better use reaper\fl studio to tackle your song of a choice you can place mp3 song and set bpm and enable metronome etc in those apps so that would be easy for you to jam along the song and it could possibly track your midi input device such as gh controller but then you fall too rearrange those notes to eof gh midi format so you could call @@raynebc and ask about midi input method from eof input methods as well

First off, just know that no experienced charters recommend "live charting" by using a controller to place notes while the chart is playing. You *will* have to make substantial fixes to the chart after authoring this way.

That said, if it's a game controller recognized by your OS, you can go into File>Controllers in EOF and attempt to map controller buttons here. Then you can use guitar tap or guitar strum input method (set in File>Preferences>Preferences). The manual (Help>Manual>Editing songs>Edit Modes) describes the use of the different input methods.

Yup that fixed it I am now able to do exactly what I wanted.

I am well aware that its is much better to author by your ears as you said no experienced authors recommend doing what I am doing as it will take a lot of re listening to the notes and the song and fixing certain parts to make it sound like your playing what you are hearing. 

One more question how do I get the notes I just recorded to Reaper?