Xbox One, PC, or Laptop?

michigan0626

Question

I want to learn bass guitar. And I've seen videos in the past with Rocksmith for electric guitar so I tried to see if anyone has used it for bass. As you know, they have. So for the past week or so I have been watch people use Rocksmith to play Tool using bass. That is exactly what I want to do, play Tool and Slipknot on the 4 string. So I decided to Google Rocksmith's song list, and low and behold, absolutely zero songs available for Slipknot or Tool. One thing led to another and that is how I found this website and CDLC's.

My concern is I do not know which path to take. I have an Xbox One hooked up to a 4k TV with a sound bar and sub. A close to 10 year old PC with shitty speakers. And I just got one of those $250 touch screen laptops from Wal-Mart for Christmas. I don't currently have the specs for the pc or laptop until I get home.

The most important thing is to actually play and learn bass. Which I can do on the Xbox. I specifically want to learn Tool and Slipknot, which means using the pc and laptop, I just don't know if I have the specs to do so. Plus, how good will it sound out of crappy Wal-Mart speakers or cheap laptop speakers.

Which would be the best course of action for right now?  A new desktop is a possibility, but that is at least 6-12 months down the road.

Thank you

9 answers to this question

• Administrator

With a few additionnal cable, you could hook up your PC or laptop to your TV and sound system.

CDLC are a no on Xbox One because it isn't hacked so we can't add songs on it.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You can buy a rather old desktop and run it through your TV and soundbar.  My old computer ran it fine and i would give that to the first person that asked me.  Its just collecting dust in a corner anyway.

Here are the Official requirements for rocksmith 2014.  (my computer was worse than that but it still worked)

Rocksmith 2014 system requirements (minimum)

• CPU: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6750 or 2.8 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX 9 / NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 XT

With a few additionnal cable, you could hook up your PC or laptop to your TV and sound system.

CDLC are a no on Xbox One because it isn't hacked so we can't add songs on it.

Would using an addition usb 2 HDMI cable for mirror imaging add too much latency to the sign, affecting the gameplay and sound?

• Administrator

it's not the spec of your laptop that matters much. It's the TV and sound system and how everything is connected that will define how much latency you get on the video and audio.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

it's not the spec of your laptop that matters much. It's the TV and sound system and how everything is connected that will define how much latency you get on the video and audio.

I get that. Do you think the laptop specs are good enough to run Rocksmith and all of the programs necessary to upload the CELL's?

If I wanted to get a new laptop to specifically use for Rocksmith, the CDLC's, and have the video good enough to put through to the 4k tv as if I was using an Xbox 1, what would be the minimum capabilities I ahould look at getting? How cheap could one run amd still get good enough capabilities?