Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 251

Rodman

Being a FreeBird,  The recycling of week 250 isn't a big deal.  If I like a week's song selection, I make submissions.  If you notice my absence, the selected songs are probably not to my personal taste.

I will use this week as an opportunity try out a more guitar like finger picking style.  I normally use the floating thumb technique, where the thumb rests on the next lower pitch unplucked string and pluck with my index and middle fingers.  I'm going to try plucking with thumb and two fingers to see how that works for me.  I'll have to dust off the exercises and post any resulting train wreck.

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

More work on Louie Louie, finally moved the needle on both lead an rhythm.  Small improvement, but I'll take it.

OAl65n9.jpg

TvtVA9T.jpg

And a small improvment on Help.  I have to be honest I havern't really been working the lead path of it tho.

tBZe1vx.jpg

• Like 4

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

20180813164130_1.jpg

Finally getting there at a slow speed, this was 50%.  Don't log this score.

20180813165403_1.jpg

This is 100% speed, still freeze up and that part at the end my fingers just can't stretch like that.  May need to try to tap or some different fingering.

• Like 4

Good that i get another chance on last weeks scores.......

i didn't get much time as i went for a long weekend to see a friends band at a scooter rally in Yarmouth....... not that i remember much  :wacko:

anyway heres a couple of scores to kick off the new / old week

mptoszqshyfpn8n6g.jpg

seems like you have to get the chords pretty spot on to get a good score on this classic 

ngug5rzmmd55fp06g.jpg

& this one shouldn't be as hard was it is, looks easy from the start but i just can't get it right somehow.

night night all

• Like 2

Help!  It is a Hazy Shade of Winter here, and Louie Louie "gotta go now!"  I'm getting Scarified that the Winds of Change won't ever come and bring us new songs!  

Yeah, no progress.  Just banging my head against these songs while others make them look easy.  I actually shouted at the game when I missed the last note of Winds of Change and got the final red X to fail me out.  I did try a master mode run on Louie Louie rhythm.  I seem to have memorized the notes, even if I can't play them.

ZxrpJ9N.jpg  

• Like 3

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

No score for me yet on Help... quite a lot for me to get the hang of the chord changes and also learn to do barre chords. I'm up to about 80% speed and it sounds like shit!  :lol: .

I'm also having the opposite problem with note detection compared to palm mutes.. the game now seems way too generous with registered the chord even though it sounds horrible.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

At least it's better than last week's score! \o/

http://u.meelo.org/.rocksmith/week251rhytm_int02.png

Still missing the first strum from most of the chord changes.

• Like 2

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

20180816082348_1.jpg

I feel like I am "close" to  a break through on this one.  Would be nice to have a couple of more weeks on this.

Also for those working on this, for the last fast part, I used 11th fret D string instead of that 16th A string.  

• Like 1

Aretha Franklin dies at age 76 https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/obit-franklin-aretha-1.4787427

RIP Queen of Soul 

I'm going to look for a suitable tribute CDLC

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Chain of Fools 99%

Respect 98%

• Like 2