Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 251

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship

-= Week 251 =-

http://www.paulterry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/encore.jpg

Well.... week 250 anniversary selection brought us outstanding songs.

Everybody really should try more tan one and one week also seems a little short here.

So, after 250 weeks for the first time we will try to give the selected songs another week.

This is a single event and we orgas, including me are very unsure if this is a good idea. :wacko:

But we shall see... So - winners have been awarded but your scores stay in place - so make sure this doesn´t happen again or if you are the leader - fight for your crown!

If there is anyone really getting bored - excellent time to check out the championship exercises (see links below) or go back and work on improvement on one of the hundreds wonderful already played songs.

We hope you enjoy!

READ THIS FIRST =>> How and Why to Join the Championships

Read this second =>> Rocksmith 2014 Championship Rules

Last week's winners:

• Lead:

Beginner:       @@MentalSharps

Intermediate:  @Hughmonty

Advanced :     @@Molice

MasterClass:  @

leader in GoG: @@Stark_Knight

• Rhythm:

Beginner:        @@MentalSharps and @@diceslinger

Intermediate:   @Hughmonty

Advanced:       @@Telboy

Masterclass:    @

• Bass

Beginner:         @@Saturnation and @@diceslinger

Intermediate:    @wrentheseedling

Advanced:        @@lduperval

Masterclass:     @@Poutzy

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:      Motorhead - Louie Louie (3)   

Motorhead? Beginner? With Fast Eddie's solo? Yes it is a reality :)

Intermediate:  The Beatles - Help! (4)

One of the biggest classics of one of the biggest bands of all time.

Advanced:      Scorpions - Wind of Change (6)   (@PC Plum's version)

Big song that happened when communism was leaving Europe to give us some freedom.

Masterclass:   Santana - Europa (8)

How long it took us to finally play some Carlos Santana? Way too long. Prepare your bending skills, 'cause you will need them.

God of Guitar: Racer X - Scarified (Eb Standard) (10) - we are going to play both Lead and Rhythm as a GoG - winner will be selected by the best sum of both arrangements!

Don't be scared, try it at least :lol: What an amazing and short instrumental. I wish you all 100% here one day.

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:    
Motorhead - Louie Louie (2)

Beginner 2:     The Beatles - Help! (3)

Intermediate: Scorpions - Wind of Change (4)

Advanced:    Simon & Garfunkel - A Hazy Shade of Winter (6) as played on week 84

I know only two S&G songs and that's one of them. And it's so good.

Masterclass: Pantera - Cemetery Gates (8) (official song) as played on week 148

Pantera - one of the greatests metal bands of all time. Sadly, on June 22nd, Vinnie Paul, Pantera's drummer and brother to late Dimebag Darrell died. Week 250 is a great way to pay a tribute to him.

Bass Path:

Beginner:     Motorhead - Louie Louie (2)

Beginner 2:     Scorpions - Wind of Change (2)

Intermediate:  The Beatles - Help! (4)

Advanced:     Santana - Europa (6)

Masterclass:    Racer X - Scarified (Eb Standard) (10)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Exercise Challenges:

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths
3rd Exercise: Blues Comping 3 in G major (funky)
4rd Exercise: Blues Comping 4 in E major (shuffle)
5th Exercise: Blues Comping 5 in E major (dirty Texas Blues style, shuffle) (more challenging lead guitar (adv), rhythm and bass more intermediate with a real audio track (no GP RSA converted)

Everyone can bring up new scores that will be added to the  exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Rock On!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

what do we have... i think you already know ;)

Please give feedback, we wanna keep the CS as great as possible.

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

I think it's something new. Definitely good that every difficulty for every path has a song.

I would choose songs with the most difficulty allowed (I mean, example, provide a (3) difficulty song for BEG, a (5) for INT...) because I feel that after a week of grinding a song I am close to my best hopes; improvements are barely noticeable and not so gratifying. This way maybe I could improve more my score on an harder chart and not feeling bored/frustrated. OR, based on the same principle, provide a slightly harder song for every class. It could be (4) for BEG, (6) for INT, (8) for ADV, and, well, a (10) but not GoG-difficulty for MC (or actually, a GoG difficulty song for two weeks could be suitable for the best of us; this would mean like an abolition of GoG as it is now, but anyway the players who could really compete here are the MC guys, so it's not a radical change in my opinion).

Talking of something new, I would propose an experimental ranking method in the near future (September maybe), if organizers gave me green lights. I have few things in mind but I need some more time to give these a logical sense and my job just doesn't allow me to do it until the end of the month.

• Like 1

I think it's an interesting idea. Could be good to be able to keep working on the same song and fix up those last things to make it sound good, or try a different challenge. Probably a good system for encouraging people to transition between classes, so it's not such a sudden feeling jump from on to the other.

I'll give intermediate a shot, though I think it's maybe a bit too chord heavy for me as a lead. But that's just because I haven't learnt any chords whatsoever just yet. (I was hoping to follow the BB King route..  :lol: )

• Like 3

20180811090302_1.jpg

I think the encore idea is a good one, some songs just take a while to learn.  For me, I am not too excited about trying to improve further on the Santana and Pantera tracks (however, I may get some inspiration as the week moves on).  This week I plan on spending most of my time on the Razor X tune, I am really enjoying working on this one.   So, the more time I get with the Razer X song the better.

Well, I have to admit, I couldn't beat my scores from my first playhough on Louie Louie all week.  I didn't imporve much on Help or Winds of Change either.  But I'll be a sport and try them again.  Starting out on Bass tho...

9UUrRux.jpg

nwFaFnA.jpg

2yn8UF1.jpg

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Yes. The jump from A3, D3, G5 to G10 when you can do E8, A8, D10 to G10. There are a few other (to me) nonsensical fingerings that I would adjust if I were allowed to do so (open strings when a 5th fret would be easier, for example). It doesn't change anything to the note that is played, but make the chart easier to play. To be honest, I could have just recharted it and not said anything, but that's not my style. :)

L

• Like 1

Here is what I mean. I refingered the chart, and on my first pass I had 98.86. Yes, I know that I played it a number of times last week and I should be better, but I also know that the places where I changed the fingering are easier to play because what I see on the screen is what I have to play on the bass.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TOtctkD0KDcA-DYVKPFTCpn8-NAIybj1/view?usp=sharing

This is what I'm working with. Note that this is just a quick export of the GP5. Playing it, I realize that the note durations affect the final score (but normally, not the number of correct notes). You can take a look at this and see what I find easier to play.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19j6nLRz5ymutwHI0iyJy0JDN4GNOmzIq/view?usp=sharing

L

Note to the mods: I don't expect this to be my official score for the challenge since the tab is not close enough to the original.

Yes. The jump from A3, D3, G5 to G10 when you can do E8, A8, D10 to G10. There are a few other (to me) nonsensical fingerings that I would adjust if I were allowed to do so (open strings when a 5th fret would be easier, for example). It doesn't change anything to the note that is played, but make the chart easier to play. To be honest, I could have just recharted it and not said anything, but that's not my style. :)

L

@@uyssico - is an active user, best thing in that cases is to work together with the original charter, and optimise the line there. Means a lot less work (if he provides all files including his gp5 and also leads to creating one great version of a song instead of several.

I would post on the songs page and write him an email.

Encore week is a very interesting idea. I see the value in the added time for those who have a very hectic lifestyle, or beginner musicians learning new songs. Of course,  some songs can become boring, frustrating, and discouraging. I would suggest admins make the call depending on the level of overall enthusiasm or number of active participants in that given week. Perhaps preplan a two-week long contest on a regular basis based on previously posted songs that were popular?

https://i.imgur.com/ePZzVMh.png

• Like 1

Being the newbie I am, I'm glad for another week to work on Louie Louie.  I think I figured out one of my issues, which was that while I might be fingering the 3 and 4 note chords right, I was actually strumming through the last note - i.e. - hitting the first 2 notes for the 3 note chords and only the first 2 or 3 notes on the 4 note chord.  

That said, I was able to clear the Rhythm path on score attack, for a satisfying 94.94%

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1477145324

Efforts to improve my lead path score continue, as I keep getting 3 strikes, largely due to failing out one random section and usually 2 of the solo sections.  Notwithstanding, I can see some improvement which helps with the motivation!

Will keep working on it and hope to submit a better score for both lead and rhythm by the end of this week's run.

• Like 5

L

Whenever I post about "transcribing on the fly", I really mean playing my preferred fingerings with the same notes, but not adjusting the charts.  I did this all the time, even before building the Bass VI.  So I don't even bother recharting it. 

(take that FreeBird Police)

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)