Locked Looking for a few good Moderators!

Spades

We have some openings in our moderator staff. For the most part, the community polices itself and is very low maintenance. That being said, we still need to keep an eye out and look through every post just to make sure the general rules are being followed. We presently have 19,454 members and 27,641 posts as of 1605 EST April 14th. That is a huge task just reading all that.

If you have ever considered becoming a larger part of our community, here are some guidelines to help you decide!

We expect our moderators to do the following:

Log on almost every day.

Read through the posts and reply with helpful and polite information.

Follow the rules themselves. (All of them)

Ask questions. – This is more an understanding that you aren’t a one person show.

Have a general understanding of where our community is headed and be a part of that.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Joe - Spades

Please copy and paste everything from the line down into a new post and reply to the questions.

----------

If you already meet the above things, please answer a few questions for us so we can review them and get you your shiny red name:

Why do you want to be a moderator?

What do you bring to the Customs Forge community that is unique to you?

Cake or Pie? (this is important)

How much time do you spend on the site daily?

Have you filled out your profile information on the site?

Have you ever been a Moderator anywhere else before?

Can you follow instructions?

• Like 1

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

----------

If you already meet the above things, please answer a few questions for us so we can review them and get you your shiny red name:

To help out the community.  Really, that's it.  I have taken a good bit as far as CDLC and information and would like to give back where I can.  I'm probably older than most here and don't react with the emotion of youth anymore.  I don't know most of the posters so I would have no bias towards anyone.  I certainly believe I can make fair rational decisions based on the rules of the site.  I'm simply willing to help.

Honestly, probably nothing, but I'm willing to donate some time to making sure everyone enjoys the site how it's meant to be.

Pie, AINEC.

Around an hour (not always logged in).  I can't log in from work which is a M-F 9-5 job, but I can check in before that and certainly after. If I were to be a moderator I can give you more time than that most days.

No, I tend not to put too much information out there for public consumption.  

No.

To the best of my ability.

In all honesty I would certainly understand if you need someone with more knowledge of RS or guitar playing, but if you are looking for someone to help out and simply enforce the rules and make sure everyone enjoys the site I can give you some time each day.

Edited by Alex360
Removed unnecessary formatting...

I would like to help out the community a bit. I always like helping others.

Very polite. I always enjoy making new friends and I think I am very mature and professional when it would come to things like this.

Both.

30 minutes to an hour.

Yes.

Yes I have.

Of course I can!

Okay

I love this forum. I love the community, the attitude, the CDLC. I spend pretty much all day here in chat while I create my CDLC and help out those that I can. I want to live in a world where we can play any song imaginable just by looking through the search database. I would like to be a part of that in any way or form that I can. 

My crowning achievement will be completing the entire Pearl Jam catalog in hopefully two months. Before I started there was NO PJ. Now look at what we have! After that I will be creating CDLC for as long as Rocksmith is a thing. 

Apple Pie only if it's warm and I have Vanilla Ice Cream. Otherwise cake.

Even though I work 9 hours a day...I probably spend a good 3-4 hours on here while I make my CDLC and 2 hours at least daily actually playing RS.

On Weekends I spend about 5-6 hours on here.

I believe I got everything.

No but I have been a Supervisor in real life! I have always wanted to be a mod however.

Your wish is my command.

• Like 2

Simply, to better the community. I truly love teaching, and tend to try to resolve conflict by trying to umm, smooth things out ( not all issues require mods to drop the hammer ) I am trying to be an ACTIVE member of this community and have begun charting CDLC along with hanging out in the chat and trying to help people with problems they may be having.

I don't know that it is unique but I have a firm grasp of the issues that arise with making customs run and I am LEARNING EoF. I also have a very solid knowledge of what makes computers tick and can make them run MUCH better. ( I.E. Tech Support, a member ID that I would suggest.) I tend to be VERY patient with questions and try to help people through thier issues and get them up and running.

Not sure why this is important,, but PIE, definitely pie.

I try to be on here at LEAST daily and generally,, about 4 hours in the evening,, my time. This obviously will fluctuate as I have a real life, job , kids, wife ETC.

As far as I know I have filled out more than many. If you were to need more, let me know.

I have not moderated elsewhere but I have ADMINED many game servers and a Vent ( Which I am still an active ADMIN of Which is available for ANYONES use, as right now the population has dwindled)).

I follow instructions well, 8 years Army and 7.5 years law enforcement, so, yes, I can follow direction well.

• Like 4

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

To feel important.

My display pic and my customs.... mainly my Devin Townsend customs. 

i'm a diabetic and that's a really unfair question in my opinion anyways.

im on here pretty much all night and afternoon. (Eastern time)

yup

nope

it's the only thing i am good at. 

I like helping the community and gives me a chance to interact with people outside of my mundane everyday life.

I like to bring an open mind and not judge to quickly.  I'm fair, and I do not tolerate bullying.  Outside of that I think I bring a unique flavor to the diversity of this site.  My activity on this site will be increasing, and by being moderator, it allows me to be more productive with my lazy couch surfing.

Pie.  Not only is it a number, but it's pie.  It's awesome! what else is there to say.

I have the site book marked and I lurk while waiting for my train, and when I get home, surfing the newest CDLC is almost as good as a cold beer...almost.

Yes.

Yes, I was an admin on a FFXIV guild site as well as in-game, WoW guild site(in game as well) , and minecraft server.

Yup.  But if it is something unethical or smells of stinky malicious intent, i'm gonna question it.

----------

I have free time and I come to the site quite a bit. Especially in the mornings before I practice and record.

I believe I have a different personality and could offer a differ point of view on some things/topics. (Im a communist Baha'i, just to show I'm a different kind of character lol, which is a pretty darn rare thing to see.)

Pie. Cake is too sugary. Pumpkin pie especially since this is important!

About an hour, maybe more. I log in at least 3 times a day.

Yessss I have

I've been a moderator on quite a few forum cites, including gaming community sites. I was into WoW guilds. Still am the head of a group. Does Facebook mod count? :s

Yes

Because I live in Iran and I can not donate to the community. we can not use pay pal or visa or anything. I want to pay my debt this way.

I'll bring Infromation, experience and moderation :D

Pie

half an hour

YES

NO but i'm an IT Professional with web development experience

Of Course

I'd like to have the chance to abuse some powers

My creepiness, there is no other like it.

As long as it is chocolate, i don't care.

Probably too much for my own sanity, but ill get back to you on that once i get a stopwatch. In the meantime, a fuckton.

Ish, but only because i can't be arshed to fill out the rest.

Admin on a SWAT-4 server count? If so, yes. Otherwise, no.

Fuck no.

• Like 3

My workplace
I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman. Yet.

This community is awesome.  I've always seen myself as a helpful person.

Time.  I've got alot. Never been a mod tho and I'm not a cdlc maker but i can test peoples cdlc and help anyone who needs it i believe.

Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip.

At least an hour but if i become a mod.  I'll probably leave a window with customsforge open on my laptop all day long.

Indeed i have.

No i haven't, First time.

Absolutely.

​I would like to be apart of a community that is evolving and growing everyday, on top of me making songs and seeing people excited for a release makes me smile. I know its a huge responsibility, but the end result of being one of many Mods that gets to help make this site better is a win in its self.  

Manly its the CDLC. Not just downloading it but making quality top notch tabs for other people to enjoy. I put a lot of my time in to the customs i make and I'm ready for that next step forward.

Well seeing as the cake is a lie, i'll go with pie :D

Roughly 2-4 hours, depending on if i get lost in the chat room. 

I'm pretty certain everything is filled out.

Nope this would be my first time, and honestly my first time ever considering it.

I made it out of High School with no problems, so yes, yes i can :)

• Like 1

because i want to have a pretty red name and ''help" people.

My awesomeness.

pie,i guess.

12 hours +.

yes.

does on a gta SA:MP server count?

sometimes

• Like 1

I enjoy this community immensely and would like to do my part to keep it thriving - by helping out any way I can.

A sharp wit, keen sense of smell and an ability to smell BS from a mile away.  Eww....

Cherry Pie - Warrant.

I poke around during the day, pretty much every day.  Total time? 1.5 - 2 hours I'd guess.

Yep.  Figured it out

No

Absolutely!

----------

This is a pretty cool place. I've been trying to learn bass for about 6 months now, and have come a long way using Rocksmith. Thanks to communities like this, I've come even further from being able to find music that fits my taste. I've discovered some new bands along the way, and gained a deep respect for 60s and 70s rock to boot! In short, I want to be a mod to get to work behind the scenes to make sure that everyone here has the same chance I did to learn their guitar of choice!

In a word, organization. I came here from Smithy's Anvil, and comparatively this place really has its feet planted in the ground. It had a huge userbase, great support from the devs, and above all, a clean interface and instruction set that anyone new to Rocksmith can pick up and understand.

Pie: Because I love fruit.

I currently try and come by every two days to check for new and updated DLCs, but would easily be able to come daily.

I have now!

Reddit's /r/Erie. Currently a mod there.

Can I? Yes. Will I follow blindly? Nope. You can expect me to do the basic work, and even go out on a limb and tackle the advanced issues, but I'm not a yes-man.

• Like 1

I am still working through the applications. Everyone will get a private notification from me who didn't get it.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."