Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 249

Rodman

well i'm up into the advanced lead, i really don't like lead that much....mostly because i can't do it.

but i guess the only way to get better is to try harder songs.

pqq5s6a1a1z79816g.jpgthis took a while, but i will get rid of that damn X

bass seems hard to me this week as well

zf43e5fx8kx0fi66g.jpg

but i will get better.

Pink is a great tune...... should be more Pink on CF

tf9bj0tnd2c5l946g.jpg

31u8fply32bdd096g.jpg(not my first attempt by the way)

night night all

• Like 3

Sooo, second week in a row a song I have chosen in Masterclass. I must confess, they are both still a little too hard for me. The songs are part of my Lead 'stretch goal' collection, songs that I can technically (mostly) play, but are just a bit to fast. They do sound not too bad in RR at 90% :) From time to time I retry them full speed, to see if they seem easier now. I added them to the song selection sheet last time, because why not.

I love the melodies in this song.

V7hJPl0.jpg

MThtDhf.jpg

Highly Suspect is a new discovery for me. Cool stuff, I like it a lot.

4PtGemA.jpg

• Like 2

Finally moved into my new apartment but I'm not in the clear yet. Should be back to full participation by the end of August instead of my usual 1-2 submissions a week

Really enjoying this one, also appreciating that its my style of playing and the sweep sections are at my level as well

Uc8VTx9.jpg

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Btw: How does "old" string affect the recognition of Rocksmith? ^^

Well, it seems like not that much.

@@Mortalo is the absolute master of only change at break (i hear the last set was 2 years) and i never hear him complain about reco issues.

Myself was a frequent changer (4-6 Months) but i have a lot of guitars, use ´em all and have absolutely lost track of stringage :D - and i am damn ignorant too (that is a good thing) :D :D  - so strings must be vastly bad to make me change. (i think on my lil stratocaster i use for travelling the strings are a bit rusty on some spots and they do register well).

My experience really is recognition issues are based on pilot errors all of the time, its my bad playing, not the string, not the axe, not the cable, not the sync.

There is an easy way to check if it is your playing i use:

During the song when you encounter misregistrations go to the menu (press esc) and down on the left you get the tuning-meter. Now play the misregistrated chord a couple of times the way you always do and see what is registered (Chords and notes are shown at the meter).

That way you can play a few 100s of chords in seconds and get feedback - often its too hard or too soft fingerpressure (esp. fret 1-3) or sloppy placement too far from the fret, or as discussed earlier just not playing all the required strings.

• Like 8

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Yup, I change strings very rarely. But lately, I'm not playing that much. Still, I almost always change strings when one of them breaks, and I used to switch tunings a lot (from E to C). But then, my lovely Jackson was made by Japanese masters  :P 

...and I changed tuning keys after I broke them when changing strings for the 1st time and trying to put way too thick string (.10-.52). Since then I'm using .09-.46.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Tried Master Mode and Been trying to get this to sound decent. Seems to sound better by really smacking the strings!

When strumming chords like that, do people mute the low string, and then hit hard and follow through with the pick? Or still try and stop short and only play the 3 notes of the chord.

I find that when I do a hard up-strum and follow through it will still make the low string move far enough from my finger to make sound. 

• Like 4

Newbie to the Championship - have been learning off and on with Rocksmith since Feb 2017, more off than on, but hey, better than some other hobbies!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1461849968

Beginner - 95.67%

May try again before the deadline but my fingers started hurting since I haven't really played for about 3 weeks again.  Thanks for running this for us!

• Like 4